toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Announced by Pro Comp:

Pro Comp is proud to announce the release of a new Level Lift system for the resurgent 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD. This precision-engineered lift system is the fastest, safest and most economical way to upgrade the midsize Ranger to a more aggressive off-road stance while adding clearance for 33-inch tires.

The Ranger’s factory crash bars limit tire size and many shops resort to cutting them to allow for larger tires. Pro Comp uses ¼-inch thick steel leveling spacers and new high clearance crash bars, which lift the front end 2-1/4 inches but maintains the factory ride quality and safety features of your truck.
“The new Ranger is a great platform, but its Achilles heel is the crash bars that won’t allow fitment of a large enough tire for real off-roading,” said Ted Moncure, Director of Engineering at Transamerican Auto Parts. “The unique thing about this kit is we have engineered higher clearance crash bars that have the same strength as the OE bars but with additional clearance so you can fit a 285 tire without compromising safety.”

These lift kits are made in the USA and backed by the Pro Comp Promise Lifetime Warranty, which guarantees they are free of defects and will last a lifetime, or they will be replaced free of charge. The Pro Comp 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD Level Lift Kit is US $279.99.99 MSRP and the Nitro Kit upgrade (rear blocks and U-bolts added) is US $405.99 MSRP.
Features:
  • Leveling lift spacer lifts front of vehicle 2-1/4 inches
  • Replacement overlap (crash) bars gives additional tire clearance
  • 1/4-inch steel construction with Grade 8 hardware
  • Does not affect the factory OEM ride quality or comfort
  • Made in the USA
EXP 62180 – Pro Comp Level Lift Kit for 2019+ Ford Ranger 4WD
EXP 62180K – Pro Comp Nitro Lift Kit with Rear Blocks and U-Bolts for 2019+ Ford Ranger 4WD

https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=9333&pl=7142&partno=EXP62180

62180-15.jpg
62180-16.jpg
62180-01.jpg
62180-02.jpg
62180-03.jpg
62180-04.jpg
62180-05.jpg
62180-06.jpg
62180-07.jpg
Sponsored

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Mostly borrowed from "the ranger station"

2019_ford_ranger_procomp_lift-1-jpg.jpg

Pro Comp is proud to announce the release of a new Level Lift system for the resurgent 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD. This precision-engineered lift system is the fastest, safest and most economical way to upgrade the midsize Ranger to a more aggressive off-road stance while adding clearance for 33-inch tires.

The Ranger’s factory crash bars limit tire size and many shops resort to cutting them to allow for larger tires. Pro Comp uses ¼-inch thick steel leveling spacers and new high clearance crash bars, which lift the front end 2-1/4 inches but maintains the factory ride quality and safety features of your truck.
“The new Ranger is a great platform, but its Achilles heel is the crash bars that won’t allow fitment of a large enough tire for real off-roading,” said Ted Moncure, Director of Engineering at Transamerican Auto Parts. “The unique thing about this kit is we have engineered higher clearance crash bars that have the same strength as the OE bars but with additional clearance so you can fit a 285 tire without compromising safety.”

These lift kits are made in the USA and backed by the Pro Comp Promise Lifetime Warranty, which guarantees they are free of defects and will last a lifetime, or they will be replaced free of charge. The Pro Comp 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD Level Lift Kit is US $279.99.99 MSRP and the Nitro Kit upgrade (rear blocks and U-bolts added) is US $405.99 MSRP.
Features:
  • Leveling lift spacer lifts front of vehicle 2-1/4 inches
  • Replacement overlap (crash) bars gives additional tire clearance
  • 1/4-inch steel construction with Grade 8 hardware
  • Does not affect the factory OEM ride quality or comfort
  • Made in the USA
EXP 62180 – Pro Comp Level Lift Kit for 2019+ Ford Ranger 4WD
EXP 62180K – Pro Comp Nitro Lift Kit with Rear Blocks and U-Bolts for 2019+ Ford Ranger 4WD

https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=9333&pl=7142&partno=EXP62180

View attachment 5182 View attachment 5183 View attachment 5184 View attachment 5185
The crash bar replacements are interesting! It looks like there are 2 sets to be able to replace the front and rear but I can't really tell.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I planned on just trying to taper and weld in a reinforcement when the time comes.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Anybody game to do this for a small fee?? I'd consider purchasing the ProComp kit soley for their crash bars. I really don't want to sacrifice safety for larger tires and a modest lift.
I'd do it but by the time it crosses the border twice it wouldn't be a small fee!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Do you have to pull the front bumper to install the new crash bars?

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Do you have to pull the front bumper to install the new crash bars?
I don't see how you could install them without removing the bumper and partially removing the rear of the fender (rear crash bars) The only way to remove the front crash bars is by cutting them shorter and then unbolting them or removing the bumper (I chose to cut). I am going to shoot them an email like @rangerdanger said. Removing the crash bars was the only thing that gave me pause when I installed the level kit. My wife is the primary driver and she does a lot of road trips with the kids.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I don't see how you could install them without removing the bumper and partially removing the rear of the fender (rear crash bars) The only way to remove the front crash bars is by cutting them shorter and then unbolting them or removing the bumper (I chose to cut). I am going to shoot them an email like @rangerdanger said. Removing the crash bars was the only thing that gave me pause when I installed the level kit. My wife is the primary driver and she does a lot of road trips with the kids.
I had second thoughts on the crash bar removal as well. I’d like to keep the safety specs stock but don’t want to pull the whole bumper off. That sounds like a PITA.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Are the crash bars to protect you or others? Ford added a lower crash bar on the super duty years ago so the truck wouldn't over ride a car in a accident. Most trucks or at least older ones don't have anything like these, so I'm wondering if these actually really provide and structure to the truck, or this is just Ford playing CYA legally.

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Are the crash bars to protect you or others? Ford added a lower crash bar on the super duty years ago so the truck wouldn't over ride a car in a accident. Most trucks or at least older ones don't have anything like these, so I'm wondering if these actually really provide and structure to the truck, or this is just Ford playing CYA legally.
The name 'crash bars' is bit misleading because they don't actually provide more protection during a collision. They're designed to pinch the tire and hold it in place in the event of a collision.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The name 'crash bars' is bit misleading because they don't actually provide more protection during a collision. They're designed to pinch the tire and hold it in place in the event of a collision.
So to protect others from it flying off.