ProComp 2.25" with modified crash bars

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I see now. I was reading over on the Raptor boards as F150 has them but Raptor does not.

The idea behind these is to deflect the energy away from the wheel in a accident, so the wheel is not pushed up into the cab. Got it:thumbsup:
Sponsored

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
I emailed Pro Comp about selling the modified crash bars separately and this is the response I received,

"Unfortunately we cannot sell individual pieces from that level kit as we purchase those as complete kits and do not have each individual part in stock.

Thank you,

Benny Goodman
Pro Comp Customer Support Team"

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Pro Comp about selling the modified crash bars separately and this is the response I received,

"Unfortunately we cannot sell individual pieces from that level kit as we purchase those as complete kits and do not have each individual part in stock.

Thank you,

Benny Goodman
Pro Comp Customer Support Team"
That's so strange. It's their kit, but they're purchasing it from somewhere else? Wtf.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
That's so strange. It's their kit, but they're purchasing it from somewhere else? Wtf.
Agreed, I thought it seemed a little weird. I guess I just assumed that they were designing and supplying their own kit.

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
I can so make these at my shop, are the front crash bar that easy to remove? I see where people just cut it, I know there are bolts there but just not sure if its that easy to take off?

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
Has anyone done this kit with 33" tires? This post says it allows 33" tires but their website says allows 32" tires? Which is it?

SoCalT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCrew
Has anyone done this kit with 33" tires? This post says it allows 33" tires but their website says allows 32" tires? Which is it?
I'm running ProComp A/T Sports in 285/70-17 (which is considered a 33" tire?) with this ProComp leveling kit and crash bar combo. There is light rubbing at full steering (or nearly) lock to either side. The rubbing seems to be worse when backing up. The amount of rubbing doesn't bother me so I haven't really looked into it but I suspect the tires are making contact with the inner fender cover.

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
I'm running ProComp A/T Sports in 285/70-17 (which is considered a 33" tire?) with this ProComp leveling kit and crash bar combo. There is light rubbing at full steering (or nearly) lock to either side. The rubbing seems to be worse when backing up. The amount of rubbing doesn't bother me so I haven't really looked into it but I suspect the tires are making contact with the inner fender cover.
So looks like your tire is 32.7" tall and 11.4" wide. The tire I am looking at is 32.8" tall and 12.2" wide. Tires are basically the same height and the one I am looking at is .8" wider. Where are you rubbing are the fender cover? Top or the sides? You think you could handle the extra width?
Thanks for the response.

SoCalT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCrew
So looks like your tire is 32.7" tall and 11.4" wide. The tire I am looking at is 32.8" tall and 12.2" wide. Tires are basically the same height and the one I am looking at is .8" wider. Where are you rubbing are the fender cover? Top or the sides? You think you could handle the extra width?
Thanks for the response.
I took a closer look at my rubbing. Seems to be isolated to the right front corner. Worse when backing up but moving forward as well a full lock or close to it. Doesn't matter if I'm turning left or right the passenger side front tire makes contact with the inner fender liner at the rear of the wheel house. Good news is the fender liner has about an inch of air gap between it and the sheet metal. Some sort of adhesive or caulking could be applied to pull the fender liner in and away from the tire. I hope what I'm saying makes sense.

IMG_20191214_140802285.jpg

IMG_20191214_140634053.jpg

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
Makes sense, thanks for the pictures.

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed ProComp. They do not sell the modified crash bars without the lift kit and apparently don't plan too. Pretty ridiculous. I guess they don;t want to make money

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase