First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Reuse the gasket. It is a $60 item and is built really well. Replace the filter and its grommet though.

Even the shallow PPE pan holds an additional 3/4 of a quart of fluid.

I decided not to bother with the deep since I do regular changes anyway and you're changing out 7-8 quarts of fluid per drain.

Plus the shallow pan looks better to my monkey brain. :)

--Edit--

The shallow pan also used to be something like $20-30 cheaper. Looks like it is priced the same these days.

Last edited:

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey guys! Hope y'all are well. I was combing through this forum but couldn't find a clear answer but how do I know of I have the deep or shallow pan from PPE? I got mine from Stage 3 and looking back they don't really specify the depth. Thanks for y'all time!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hey guys! Hope y'all are well. I was combing through this forum but couldn't find a clear answer but how do I know of I have the deep or shallow pan from PPE? I got mine from Stage 3 and looking back they don't really specify the depth. Thanks for y'all time!
Got a picture?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is the same image from Stage this website. Part number PPE328053220.

Link below lol

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/3...nger-ppe-black-hd-10r80-transmission-pan.html

Thanks for the help Frenchy!

PPE328053220 17-21 F150 Ranger PPE Black HD 10R80 Transmission Pan 00.jpeg
That is the shallow pan. That said I prefer that over the deep pan for the Ranger. Why you ask? Because instead of trying to cool by increasing capacity you are doing it with cooling fins that were not there before. That little bit will make a huge difference when towing or OffRoad. Also you get the nice little drain plug

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
That is the shallow pan. That said I prefer that over the deep pan for the Ranger. Why you ask? Because instead of trying to cool by increasing capacity you are doing it with cooling fins that were not there before. That little bit will make a huge difference when towing or OffRoad. Also you get the nice little drain plug

It doesn't really work like you might think.

The trans will still run at around 200 degrees, but, instead of dumping that heat into the truck's cooling stack, you're rejecting it to the atmosphere. So the cooling system doesn't have to work quite as hard to reject heat coming from the trans.

You DO see a bit slower warmup of the trans fluid, so it is getting rid of heat, just not much to see once things come up to temp.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The trans will still run at around 200 degrees, but, instead of dumping that heat into the truck's cooling stack, you're rejecting it to the atmosphere. So the cooling system doesn't have to work quite as hard to reject heat coming from the trans.
I'm well aware of how it works. The way you state is correct. Will the transmission run around 200°F? Absolutely. Will it get up to 250°F? Maybe, but it will be much harder for it to happen

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks Frenchy! Appreciate the help as always

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

You DO see a bit slower warmup of the trans fluid, so it is getting rid of heat, just not much to see once things come up to temp.
So adding to global warming??? 😳😛🤪😜

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Another benefit of the shallow pan is that it won’t hang down as far becoming a target offroad.
I have the deep and it's so far up if it gets hit you have other problems. It's a good ways above the skid plates.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Does the shallow pan hold more capacity? I purchased the shallow pan not knowing there were two but who cares shouldn’t matter if I do regular changes. I’m really waiting on Fitz to finish dipstick so I can get this installed. Can’t wait

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Does anyone have a link for the Fitz dip stick?
There is no link...
Go to first page/first post of the "remote aftermarket dipstick support thread" thread and you'll see a voting poll...take it and it will add your name to the list.
Sponsored