Pistol holster mount

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Yep, those are the first things I thought of.
I just go with IWB at 4 o'clock or door panel opening.
Yep. This is what I do as well.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Ram mounts are your friend. Underseat mount using the round tube as the anchor point.
Pocket holster for an LCP was a ProTec or a Sneaky Pete would work good here too.
DF9A3597-ADD3-4ACB-AC1D-CF33E683C833.jpeg
B6141320-2883-4860-8BEA-EE2E06543470.jpeg
I think this is the coolest setup.......oh, wait. :blush:

Easy to reach and out of site.

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I use a belt clip holster that I put in the rear pocket on the back of the passengers seat. The holster holds an extra mag with a sure fire flashlight on a baseplate mod to the bottom of one mag for night time use. Which is why I stiffen up the pocket with a piece of cardboard in the pocket. I’ve been having it a long time, and it sits snuggly against the seat. But is easily assessable by reaching across to that side of the vehicle. Which I’ve found is very easy to do. It’s a sub compact and I’m not looking to bolt a flashlight to the gun in case I need to slide it in a pocket, or grab the complete holster, It’s fitted with night sights as well. I then put a light jacket on top of this. It’s saved the gun from being stolen when my previous truck was broken into.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is the coolest setup.......oh, wait. :blush:

Easy to reach and out of site.
That's a great idea. I already did it on the Ranger. I have to order some more Ram parts so I can put one in my Focus. The under side of the seats looks the same. Thanks for the idea.

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Glad my idea helped, I used to keep the holster between the seats and the console right where I could reach it, in one of my older trucks. But my son who works with me a lot of times had his truck broke into twice, while working out of state and they stole his guns and his work computers. So I started looking around for an easily assessable place that was hidden, and noticed I placed my hand on the passengers seat a lot of the time. Then I saw the pocket and put it in there and could easily reach it. But with a Glock 26 with 2 of the 12 round mags, and the flashlight base and flashlight it would sag, so I added the cardboard later in the pocket.

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
So I got the Vaultek Slider Safe for Father's Day. Anyone mount it in truck or use a safe instead of holster/open mount? Pros/Cons? It will really go in my Civic SI and not Wife's ranger, but the gun talk in Civic forum is way different than in here.

Trying to figure out best options. Most likely just for trips and not EDC.
VID_20200627_170307_LS.gif

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase
So I got the Vaultek Slider Safe for Father's Day. Anyone mount it in truck or use a safe instead of holster/open mount? Pros/Cons? It will really go in my Civic SI and not Wife's ranger, but the gun talk in Civic forum is way different than in here.

Looks pretty slick.. would be a great place to store your gun if you can't take it in (whatever place you can't). I think you would still want something easier for EDC like a magnet etc

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty slick.. would be a great place to store your gun if you can't take it in (whatever place you can't). I think you would still want something easier for EDC like a magnet etc
I have a couple of stupid questions.
1) Why not wear your firearm on your hip in a holster?
2) Why would you shop at locations that do not allow for concealed carry?

I wear mine on my hip when I need to, and I have a permit to carry (which mean open or concealed).

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase

I wear mine on my hip when I need to, and I have a permit to carry (which mean open or concealed).
1) entirely practical and i'm sure a lot of people do. for some it's super uncomfortable and options exist. keeping it on you does ensure it's always in your control .. lots of religion on what is best or not :)

2) don't disagree; sometimes life presents moments where you may have to go where cc is not allowed. people may have to go to a school to pick up a kid, or meet a family member at a medical facility or somewhere else where guns may not be allowed.. having a place to secure your firearm isn't a bad thing if something comes up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I always OWB carry but I've even changed my mind about these magnet mount holders and installed one. I use mine for longer trips so it's more comfortable and there are times I'm wearing gym shorts if I'm just going over to a friends house so I can use it then.

I try and stay away from anti 2A businesses but there are times we've ventured into one while concealed carrying. They don't know what they can't see. ;)

Stus1171

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Anyone try to fit an AR-15 or AR Pistol behind the rear seat back?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee