First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think I am gonna order a 2-pack of these. I think I want to mount it on the console just in front of the hand brake. I have also looked at mounting it on the door just above the cubby/drink cutout. For emergency purposes (close range) I can shoot left-handed if needed.

I carry SOB and when I get in/out of the truck, it seems it would be easy to put it on/take it off the door with ease. Plus if you approach from the drivers side, you will never see it. (I may mount in both places.)
I keep a weapon with me at all times but I "hand carry" when I drive to work. I usually keep it in the console cup holder while driving to work and then in the console when I get there.

I've seen these magnet mounts for years but never gave them to much thought because I'm always carrying too. But on longer trips/commutes it can get cumbersome especially here in the summer. I really like this one because you have easy access to your pistol and it's only a slight twist and it's free but it hold very well.

I wish I bought the 2 pack but I wanted to see how this worked out first. Another spot I'm considering adding one is right under my center island/breakfast bar area. It sticks out far enough to have one there and not get in the way of your knees and it's hidden well and you have quick access
Sponsored

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Got the magnet mounted (Thanks @AzScorpion ). I didn't use screws (yet). I used the double sided tape that came with it, actually doubled up on it as there is a slight curve to the console. Time will tell in the GA summer if it continue to stick. I like the mounting area as I go to get it, the gun will roll and taking it off the magnet is easier. Doesn't affect my driving position either. If the wife drives the truck, she won't have a weapon there and the seat never touches the magnet.

The first is my Ruger SR9C, the heaviest. Then my EDC, Sig Sauer P365. I know my S&W Shield and Sig P938 will work there whenever I carry them.

20200130_142609.jpg

20200130_142628.jpg

20200130_142657.jpg

20200130_142721.jpg

20200130_163737.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks good Doug! I wanted to put mine there but my seats up further (short legs lol) so I couldn't without it getting in the way. I hated to use screws and have holes but I felt it was the best route especially with the summer heat here. Besides @Msfitoy has so many holes in his that he'd never let me hear the end of it for using tape and not putting 2 small holes in mine. :giggle:

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

Screws are a last resort. If it doesn't hold up with the tape, I will use machine screws instead of coarse screws. That way I can use stainless washer/nylok nut to secure it. Probably do it when I put in my Redarc later this year. Want to mount the dial for it on the console.

Getting my ERT bonus from work Mid-March and going to use that for my RetraxPro XR. Whatever is left will go towards the Redarc.:turkey:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I like the console side position but it wouldn't work for my long legs leaning against it...so under the column it went...I biased the magnet to the right so the grip is better presented...that's a G19...my first pistol from 1985:)
Qe8V0Ri.jpg

DjXd0J3.jpg

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
I was in the same boat, trying to figure out a place in the truck which would not be so obvious and easy to reach. So I let my right hand kinda swim around in there comfortably until I found an ideal spot, for me, at least. And it was right behind the passenger seat, on the inside of the back pouch. Since my weapon has a nice moulded hoister with a strong clip, the setup securely clipped on the edge of the pouch with the weapon on the inside tucked away nicely. The weapon is very ready and slips out easily, so easy it almost feels effortless. Plus it's hidden from plain site. Problem solved. LoL

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I like the console side position but it wouldn't work for my long legs leaning against it...so under the column it went...I biased the magnet to the right so the grip is better presented...that's a G19...my first pistol from 1985:)
Qe8V0Ri.jpg

DjXd0J3.jpg
This the location I finally decided on but I biased to the left to make the gun less visible from outside the truck...

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
Why not just gorilla tape a magnet on the inside of the panel where most of you are mounting it and then some self sticking felt on the outside .... just a thought for a DIY option

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Why not just gorilla tape a magnet on the inside of the panel where most of you are mounting it and then some self sticking felt on the outside .... just a thought for a DIY option
It might work but the problem is the magnet is very strong (45lb holding strength) and when you go to release your gun you have to give it a good pull and twist motion. I haven't tried the Gorilla tape but over time I would think it would loosen up and fall off the plastic panel. I hated drilling into mine but it's in an inconspicuous area and over time I trust the screws more than tape.

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
It might work but the problem is the magnet is very strong (45lb holding strength) and when you go to release your gun you have to give it a good pull and twist motion. I haven't tried the Gorilla tape but over time I would think it would loosen up and fall off the plastic panel. I hated drilling into mine but it's in an inconspicuous area and over time I trust the screws more than tape.
I have used gorilla that to mount metal light brackets to my grill on previous trucks and they never fell off or moved JS

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

Billfett

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 escape

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i got a set of these, haven't installed them yet but i plan on the side of the console near my knee
LIRISY 2PCS Gun Magnet Mount, 45lb Car Holster Concealed Carry Holster Under Desk Holster for Handgun Pistol Revolver Magazine in Vehicle, Wall, Vault, Bedside https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WRCR2JS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_taa_4WIMEb7K3M826

That's similar to the one I have and it holds great! You really need to pull and twist the gun to release it. I've never had it vibrate and fall off and i've been off road with it many times.

Billfett

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 escape
That's similar to the one I have and it holds great! You really need to pull and twist the gun to release it. I've never had it vibrate and fall off and i've been off road with it many times.

im still trying to figure out what angle is the best for me

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
im still trying to figure out what angle is the best for me

Go back a couple pages in this thread and you'll see a few different pictures where we've mounted them. I mounted mine on the side of the main center stack in the curved area about 6" under the push button start. My legs are short so my seats up farther than most and this was perfect for me. A few have mounted theirs on the side of the lower console but their seats are pushed back farther. I used some two sided take to move it around until I found the right spot.

IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1866.jpg
IMG_1868.jpg
Sponsored