Phone Mount

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I tried this, could only get it to stick to windscreen, which worked, but left a blind spot and was a pain with cable running to centre console.

I now use Scosche CD Player Magic Mount. Perfect height, out of the way, never, ever moved. So good, that after a few months, even my wife has caved and now has one too.

Where do you mount it, considering we don't have a CD slot?
Sponsored

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I use Mob Armor Magnets. Works great, out of view but I can use it when necessary.

9B2F9BEC-B4E2-4F5D-9BE8-3347C9EB0EEA.jpeg

DBFA7122-A966-4335-8312-994A7FCDA7E7.jpeg

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Wiz Gear is a magnetic mount works well also.

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
A lot of good suggestions here. If I could, I'd love to do the tray mounts. But like the OP said, he's looking for Tremor-specific options. The best I can come up with so far is the Scosche magnetic phone mount - Amazon. I waited for a sale and got a 2-pack.

So far I like it. I had to place with the position before mounting to come up with what works best. See photo below. It works great for my beefy Goole Pixel 6Pro with an Otterbox Defender case. I had to mount the magnet onto the plastic part of the case, and the magnet is plenty strong for bumpy drives down Forest Service roads.
PXL_20220602_111001296.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I was initially using the dash mount setup that I detailed in this thread:
So I Got Tired Of My Phone Cable Being In The Way

but I removed that when I was thinking about selling my truck and I wanted the stock tray without a hole in it.

It worked great with Zero issues for over a year.

Now I'm using this setup which requires no mods to the truck.

I bought a couple of THESE a while back and decided to see if I could mod one of them to be a phone holder. Turns out it works terrific.

Drilled a hole in the bottom of the organizer to route the phone cable through.

IMG_1605.jpeg

Routed the cable from the USB ports under the side and along the center console and came out next to the organizer.

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

Brought the cable up through the hole and now I have a handy phone holder/catch all.

IMG_1602.jpeg

It doesn't encroach at all on anyone who sits in the passenger seat, but then I don't have any very wide folks who ride with me.

The only drawback to this one that I've found is that initially I would sometimes forget my phone since it wasn't front and center to me, but now it's become second nature to grab it out of the organizer when exiting.

Edit: Drat! Now they offer them in beige which will likely better match my interior. I really needed something else to spend money on.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
iOttie mount in the dash tray. I did have to use a little Gorilla Glue on the suction disc since the ribs don't give enough surface area to stick.

Ranger Phone Mount.jpg

goose76

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Operations Manager
For the guys that want something a little less radical, but also bolts in with 5 minute install and no drilling, check these out.

Out of Australia, but no failed double sided tape, no failed window suction cups, they take 5 minutes to fit with a 7mm socket/ratchet and a trim tool. I found this video online on YouTube. I cant believe how much I've spent on Mob armour, Proclip ect. I wish I found these first time around. Best mod for practicality, I've put on my Ranger. Absolutely solid when 4 wheel driving.

https://out-there-n-back.com.au/pro...t-fixed-mobile-phone-or-uhf-mic-bracket-copy/

https://out-there-n-back.com.au/pro...ger-raptor-and-everest-fixed-uhf-mic-bracket/

LHD-Left-of-Touch-Screen-Ranger-Everest-Thumb-2.jpg
LHD-UHF-BRACKET-RANGER-GME.jpg
LHD-Left-of-Touch-Screen-Ranger-Everest.jpg

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
For the guys that want something a little less radical, but also bolts in with 5 minute install and no drilling, check these out.

Out of Australia, but no failed double sided tape, no failed window suction cups, they take 5 minutes to fit with a 7mm socket/ratchet and a trim tool. I found this video online on YouTube. I cant believe how much I've spent on Mob armour, Proclip ect. I wish I found these first time around. Best mod for practicality, I've put on my Ranger. Absolutely solid when 4 wheel driving.

https://out-there-n-back.com.au/pro...t-fixed-mobile-phone-or-uhf-mic-bracket-copy/

https://out-there-n-back.com.au/pro...ger-raptor-and-everest-fixed-uhf-mic-bracket/

LHD-Left-of-Touch-Screen-Ranger-Everest-Thumb-2.jpg
LHD-UHF-BRACKET-RANGER-GME.jpg
LHD-Left-of-Touch-Screen-Ranger-Everest.jpg
Do they ship to the US?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Quad-Lock phone case and really like those mounts.

goose76

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Operations Manager
Yes they do. They ship everywhere I think. Maybe try ordering one on the website. If it doesn’t work, just email them. They got back to me when I emailed them really quickly.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I've always been a little jealous of the state of two way comms in Australia. They have such good stuff and it fits so well into their vehicles. US stuff looks like an unorganized mess in the truck.
Sponsored