Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Thanks Bret,
Got any pics of your install?
That part number is for 4th. gen regular cab, curious to see how far back it goes on your 2019 S/Cab door sill.
Thanks again bud
Jeff mine are the same as Henrymac on post number 86 of this thread. Bret
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

PJVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Fabulous idea bud, that looks better than factory!:like:
The sill plates on my week old 2020 S/Cab are just begging to get scuffed up and I intend to pirate your idea.
I'll probably have to order the 4 door version of the 4G models, as my truck is a SuperCab, my 2000 S/Cab had these in place and they did well to protect the sill.
How's the double-sided tape holding up for you, have you had to replace them yet? No issues with interference with the door itself?
They are holding up very well. No problems so far. But then I'm retired so they don't get much traffic on them. Truck is 8 months old and only 5700 miles.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I also used 1" 3M tape with two strips. I thought to myself that it would be overkill also. But using the fishing line to debadge the plate and then the adhesive remover wheel idea put my mind at ease if I ever wanted to remove it. What I didn't consider would be the amount of labor involved to remove them. I hope I never have to find out.
Aloha Mike,
I intend to install these scuff plates onto my 2020 S/Cab as well, can you provide a link as to which 3M double sided tape you used please?
I read somewhere in this thread not to use the thin tape, but something thicker.
Also, since my 2020 is a SuperCab, do you think the early model regular cab plates will be long enough? Wish I still had my 2000 S/Cab to measure it's plates as a reference.
The measurement on my sill is 38 inches measured on the attached image between the inside of the tape back to the rear door lower striker, I'd like to cover as much of the sill as possible.
Any advice would be great bud
Thanks!
sill.jpg

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

PJVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Aloha Mike,
I intend to install these scuff plates onto my 2020 S/Cab as well, can you provide a link as to which 3M double sided tape you used please?
I read somewhere in this thread not to use the thin tape, but something thicker.
Also, since my 2020 is a SuperCab, do you think the early model regular cab plates will be long enough? Wish I still had my 2000 S/Cab to measure it's plates as a reference.
The measurement on my sill is 38 inches measured on the attached image between the inside of the tape back to the rear door lower striker, I'd like to cover as much of the sill as possible.
Any advice would be great bud
Thanks!
sill.jpg
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the long delay in answering.

I know that I stated I used 3M tape, but I think I used mostly the Gorilla 2 sided tape. It was clear and about 1/16" thick. I do not recall if there was a part number on the tape. It has held up really well.

Here is another link in the forum showing very good pictures of cutting off the tabs, the tape not to use and also using silicone to apply the guards. Lots of choices. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ger-xl-stx-fx4-magnetic-super-cab.4339/page-4

There is also a very good PDF file for all the dimensions.

My 2019 Ranger is the Crew Cab with the 4 full doors. My original 2008 Ranger had these door sills that gave me the idea. Like your Ranger it had the half clam shell door with the latch in the middle of the door sill.

The part number that I used was for a two door which is shorter. There is a part number that is much longer than the 29" and has a hole in it to go around the door latch as shown in your pictures.

Give me a minute……

OK, found the plates..

Left and right…. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f87z1313261aaa/

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f87z1313260aaa/

I sold my 2008 Ranger to a friend. Give me a couple of days and I'll go make some measurements, take some photos on how these longer plates fit on that truck.

It's a shame the Ford did not supply these plates for our current 2019 Rangers…

Mike

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the long delay in answering.

I know that I stated I used 3M tape, but I think I used mostly the Gorilla 2 sided tape. It was clear and about 1/16" thick. I do not recall if there was a part number on the tape. It has held up really well.

Here is another link in the forum showing very good pictures of cutting off the tabs, the tape not to use and also using silicone to apply the guards. Lots of choices. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ger-xl-stx-fx4-magnetic-super-cab.4339/page-4

There is also a very good PDF file for all the dimensions.

My 2019 Ranger is the Crew Cab with the 4 full doors. My original 2008 Ranger had these door sills that gave me the idea. Like your Ranger it had the half clam shell door with the latch in the middle of the door sill.

The part number that I used was for a two door which is shorter. There is a part number that is much longer than the 29" and has a hole in it to go around the door latch as shown in your pictures.

Give me a minute……

OK, found the plates..

Left and right…. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f87z1313261aaa/

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f87z1313260aaa/

I sold my 2008 Ranger to a friend. Give me a couple of days and I'll go make some measurements, take some photos on how these longer plates fit on that truck.

It's a shame the Ford did not supply these plates for our current 2019 Rangers…

Mike
Aloha Mike,
To be honest with you, I completely forgot about this project, thanks for reminding me and following up bud!
My '00 was a S/Cab with the 4 door option, I do remember the scuff plates having a weird indention to fit around the rear door lower latch striker.
If you would be able to measure the '08's plate length I'd greatly appreciate it, I'd like to cover as much sill as possible on my '20 Lariat.
Strange that Ford did not automatically include the opening rear doors on all S/Cabs from this generation, I owned a '91 S/Cab without the rear doors, was kind of a pain to load items back there.
I'll wait for your response Mike.
Mahalo,
Jeff

PJVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Aloha Mike,
To be honest with you, I completely forgot about this project, thanks for reminding me and following up bud!
My '00 was a S/Cab with the 4 door option, I do remember the scuff plates having a weird indention to fit around the rear door lower latch striker.
If you would be able to measure the '08's plate length I'd greatly appreciate it, I'd like to cover as much sill as possible on my '20 Lariat.
Strange that Ford did not automatically include the opening rear doors on all S/Cabs from this generation, I owned a '91 S/Cab without the rear doors, was kind of a pain to load items back there.
I'll wait for your response Mike.
Mahalo,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

OK, the measurement from the front of the door sill guard to the clam shell door is the same as what you have.. 38 inches.

As you can see there is a depression in the 2008 door sill where that latch is, which is not on your 2019 Ranger.

I forgot to measure how wide the dip is and how far beyond the latch the guard went.

From the looks of the diagram on the Tasca Ford parts page, it looks like the dip is molded into the plastic. Unk if you could flatten it out or not with some type of heat press.

Maybe you might be just happy with cutting off that portion and just covering the first 38 inches.

Of course you will still need to cut off the back tabs and use either the 2 sided tape or silicone glue and one of the owners has shown.

Good luck, Mike

Sill 1.jpg

Sill 2.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks so very much Mike for taking the pics, much appreciated!
I will take your advice and cut the sill plates just forward of the depression.
Not concerned with the sill aft of the striker, no living creature will be inhabiting that area.
I've already ordered the plates from Tasca.

shaka.png

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm going with a plain carbon fiber look. Too many Ranger logos already on the truck; grill, tailgate, floor mats, dash, front seats, tonneau, bed mat. I think everyone will know its a Ranger. It can be overdone.
NEVER bruh even with all these logos idk if people are blind or straight oblivious I've been getting "compliments" on the color idk if I should even take these "compliments" as they think it's a tacoma or colorado, hell I've even been mistaken for a tundra once, my face went blank as I turned around and walked away. :ontheloo:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NEVER bruh even with all these logos idk if people are blind or straight oblivious I've been getting "compliments" on the color idk if I should even take these "compliments" as they think it's a tacoma or colorado, hell I've even been mistaken for a tundra once, my face went blank as I turned around and walked away. :ontheloo:
The answer is because Hawaii is Toyota mecca, the four top selling vehicles in Hawaii are:
  1. Toyota Tacoma
  2. Toyota 4 Runner
  3. ToyotA RAV 4
  4. Toyota Corolla
Compounded by the fact that the Ranger was missing from the market for 8 years.
Locals are "conditioned" to assume that any new vehicle bought here would be a Toyota.

IMO, the only salient feature the Taco has going for it is resale value, all others (if any) truly evade me.

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Does anyone how know to remove these door sill plates? My Ranger came with the driver side plate dented, but the dealership is shipping me a replacement. If possible, I'd like to move it to the backseats because I think they look good, but I'm not sure if I can remove it without bending it.

1592168800191.png

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone how know to remove these door sill plates? My Ranger came with the driver side plate dented, but the dealership is shipping me a replacement. If possible, I'd like to move it to the backseats because I think they look good, but I'm not sure if I can remove it without bending it.

1592168800191.png
Double up some fishing line, twist it up and saw away from one end to the other, try and stay under the door sill plate. It’s most likely only 3m tape. It’s a pretty tight space you might not be able to save it tho. Then clean it up.

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Double up some fishing line, twist it up and saw away from one end to the other, try and stay under the door sill plate. It’s most likely only 3m tape. It’s a pretty tight space you might not be able to save it tho. Then clean it up.
I'd used that method to remove some dealership labels, but there was at least a gap there for me to slide the fishing line into. Wasn't sure if there was a better way with these since it's such a tight space. Was thinking of using a heat gun actually

SalukiRanger

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SCrew 4x2 Lariat Ingot Silver Ebony 18 Tires Technology Pkg
Occupation
Retired