First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
I have sent this to Ford corporate with the hopes of resolving my issue once and for all.

Dear Customer Relations:

I would like to file a notice and powertrain warranty request from Ford.

In March of 2023, I purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat with 32,000 miles and in excellent condition. I purchased from (redacted Ford dealership) in Missouri.

Within 30 days of me leaving the lot, I received two major cascading powertrain failures in April 2023. The dealer was unable to determine the source of the failures each time. They had my vehicle for combined three weeks and said they had merely cleaned the grounds. They had indicated they would replace the 4x4 PCM but it is unclear if they did. The vehicle has continued to have seven documented powertrain failures since March 2023 that have gone unresolved since then, with the latest today. The dealer is unable to replicate or resolve the issues each time. The vehicle is still under powertrain warranty until July 2024. I have scheduled an appointment for February 6 at (another redacted Ford dealership). I am hopeful they perhaps will be able to finally find the problem after todays latest failure. I am concerned that my transmission has never been corrected under 5 yr/60k since purchase and now I'm in jeopardy of not having a warranty and still having an original faulty transmission that is prone to fail.

We have been loyal Ford product customers over many years having had two other Rangers, an Explorer, a Fusion, and now this Ranger Lariat.

I am writing to bring awareness to my vehicle issue and also ask what recourse I have with the hopes of a resolution.

I appreciate your assistance and thoughts.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Dead in the water on this forum, Nobody at the company will be able to help you or respond to you posting here. Ranger 5G is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company in any way.
The best way to resolve issues with Ford is through one of their channels:
https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Tony Robyn

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
Dead in the water on this forum, Nobody at the company will be able to help you or respond to you posting here. Ranger 5G is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company in any way.
Yes, thanks, did already, I was just sharing.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
It most likely acted up before you owned it , if it went bad the first 30 days , that should be on selling dealer I would think 🤔 fine to get Ford involved , but you should be in a loaner from the dealer whilst it gets sorted out ...

Davidjc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
First line of his post
"I have sent this to Ford corporate with the hopes of resolving my issue once and for all."

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
First line of his post
"I have sent this to Ford corporate with the hopes of resolving my issue once and for all."
Thanks, David. My bad, short attention span.
Embarrased.jpeg

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Out of curiosity, what did the CarFax look like for your Ranger? Did it show a number of trips to the service department? Also, ask your deal can if they can get the service history for your truck.

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
I have sent this to Ford corporate with the hopes of resolving my issue once and for all.

Dear Customer Relations:

I would like to file a notice and powertrain warranty request from Ford.

In March of 2023, I purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat with 32,000 miles and in excellent condition. I purchased from (redacted Ford dealership) in Missouri.

Within 30 days of me leaving the lot, I received two major cascading powertrain failures in April 2023. The dealer was unable to determine the source of the failures each time. They had my vehicle for combined three weeks and said they had merely cleaned the grounds. They had indicated they would replace the 4x4 PCM but it is unclear if they did. The vehicle has continued to have seven documented powertrain failures since March 2023 that have gone unresolved since then, with the latest today. The dealer is unable to replicate or resolve the issues each time. The vehicle is still under powertrain warranty until July 2024. I have scheduled an appointment for February 6 at (another redacted Ford dealership). I am hopeful they perhaps will be able to finally find the problem after todays latest failure. I am concerned that my transmission has never been corrected under 5 yr/60k since purchase and now I'm in jeopardy of not having a warranty and still having an original faulty transmission that is prone to fail.

We have been loyal Ford product customers over many years having had two other Rangers, an Explorer, a Fusion, and now this Ranger Lariat.

I am writing to bring awareness to my vehicle issue and also ask what recourse I have with the hopes of a resolution.

I appreciate your assistance and thoughts.

Thank you.
I would try to find out if it was purchased new at the dealer you bought it from. If it was then they are hiding the fact of why original owner traded it in. Having worked at a dealership I know how they will try to make a problem go away. I bought a new Nissan Frontier that had a paint blemish on drivers door. After I had it for a few days I noticed the clearcoat had a different appearance in one spot. They denied it and I took to another dealers body shop who said that the door had definitely been repaired. I kept complaining until they traded me out of it into one that I thoroughly checked out. I suspect that this is what is the case with your truck. Wishing you all the best, it is very difficult when the dealer is not upfront, keep after them.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
You already sent it?

I think you should have been more specific with details about 'power train failures', even though you do mention a transmission concern later.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
It most likely acted up before you owned it , if it went bad the first 30 days , that should be on selling dealer I would think 🤔 fine to get Ford involved , but you should be in a loaner from the dealer whilst it gets sorted out ...
Somebody definitely unloaded that truck and ran the other way. Sucks.

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Somebody definitely unloaded that truck and ran the other way. Sucks.
Much like I plan on doing if mine isn't fixed in the next few months.
Sponsored