First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You will be able to regain any lost muscle strength now that the damper has been removed. ?
Removing a damper is bad JuJu and it never comes back. He'll look like this forever. o_O

Skinny Arms.png
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Are they still form #1863

I have signed thousands of those.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Asking this considering my experience yesterday where the Ford dealer's Body Shop Manager actually looked at my truck's tailgate to see where I bought it (yes, sticky decal was still on lower corner of tailgate). Why is this of importance to them?? Truck was there for warranty (yes, I have the Premium ESP warranty through March 2029). Why does it matter to them where I bought my truck if it's there for warranty work even though they are not the dealer I bought truck from?? At one point he did ask, "Why don't you take it back to where you bought it?".... and the manner he said it was not very professional.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was back when they were a 4 copy carbon paper handwritten form, I had to sign off on every claim, like 2k+ of them a month, Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealerships.

Do they still have M time? I always figured they would try to eliminate that.

I was service manager at the 2nd largest dealer in the country at one time, Magic Ford, until the owner gambled it away, then Autonation bought us and everything really went downhill.

We had a outside warranty service handle all our claims for years, everything went trouble free, then they brought it in house, then we got audited :crackup:

As for coverage questions, have you ever seen Ford deny a claim on a vehicle that had a Ford tune?
Not sure you would ever see that, unless Ford just paid the diagnosis operation, then denied the claim, how do those denials come across, zero dollar claim? The hard copy may have some notes, but otherwise no way to know what tune, unless the advisor inputs it.

Anyways, glad you chimed in, welcome!

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Asking this considering my experience yesterday where the Ford dealer's Body Shop Manager actually looked at my truck's tailgate to see where I bought it (yes, sticky decal was still on lower corner of tailgate). Why is this of importance to them?? Truck was there for warranty (yes, I have the Premium ESP warranty through March 2029). Why does it matter to them where I bought my truck if it's there for warranty work even though they are not the dealer I bought truck from?? At one point he did ask, "Why don't you take it back to where you bought it?".... and the manner he said it was not very professional.
It is commonly referred to as a "VO" or at least used to be, visiting owner, VO's always came after our own customers, if you didn't buy it here, you go to the back of the line.

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC

I will agree with Fitz on this one, as a VO they will take care of RO (returning owner) first but if they are a decent one it should not really matter, ie first come first serve

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
That was back when they were a 4 copy carbon paper handwritten form, I had to sign off on every claim, like 2k+ of them a month, Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealerships.

Do they still have M time? I always figured they would try to eliminate that.

I was service manager at the 2nd largest dealer in the country at one time, Magic Ford, until the owner gambled it away, then Autonation bought us and everything really went downhill.

We had a outside warranty service handle all our claims for years, everything went trouble free, then they brought it in house, then we got audited :crackup:

As for coverage questions, have you ever seen Ford deny a claim on a vehicle that had a Ford tune?
Not sure you would ever see that, unless Ford just paid the diagnosis operation, then denied the claim, how do those denials come across, zero dollar claim? The hard copy may have some notes, but otherwise no way to know what tune, unless the advisor inputs it.

Anyways, glad you chimed in, welcome!

digital age has enabled dealers to save and send IDS sessions directly to Ford is about all I can say as to how the Tune was ruled as the casual however a Ford tune had not been an issue, MT we are encouraged to use it when labor ops are not available, I have actually had assessors throw time in on claims where tech lost their arse

Last edited:

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I will agree with Fitz on this one, as a VO they will take care of RO (returning owner) first but if they are a decent one it should not really matter, ie first come first serve
Made appt 4 - 5 weeks in advance. Had been taking truck to this same dealership since I bought it. Usually get top rate service from the service department, no grief because I didn't buy truck there. The grief came from the body shop manager. My appt was to have oil change, state inspection and hood alignment (10 minute job) all done same visit. In the end, after going back to the service department and asking to speak with general manager, the service department manager personally fixed my hood in less than 10 minutes.

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Made appt 4 - 5 weeks in advance. Had been taking truck to this same dealership since I bought it. Usually get top rate service from the service department, no grief because I didn't buy truck there. The grief came from the body shop manager. My appt was to have oil change, state inspection and hood alignment (10 minute job) all done same visit. In the end, after going back to the service department and asking to speak with general manager, the service department manager personally fixed my hood in less than 10 minutes.
Wish there was continuity as I too deal with a same team but separate body shop and have had similar issues, glad to hear the service department stepped up to the plate.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Lots of us have the Ford tune and there are a lot of warranty discussions about it. I’m curious, have you ever seen the warranty denied because the Ford Performance tune was installed? Also, would you really deny the warranty where the owner installed the tune themselves?
Well technically speaking if the owner installs it themselves there is no coverage from the get go, me I would run it through depending on customer relations ( ie not a prick about it) and let FMC request proof of installation(rare), if denied due to lack of paper work id ask for a receipt from an authorized Ford perf dealer and appeal the claim but ethically it causes turmoil

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Hey care to render an opinion - just last week I bit the bullet and bought the Ford Xwarranty - for 3 more yrs, I never have bought warranties on anything, perseverated over this but the primary driver was fear of an HVAC box failure as I drive a 2019 in the range where failures occurred. Was this a sound decision or in my old age have I lost my ability to reason ? I historically fix a whole lot of stuff but no longer man enough to take on a HVAC box repair. In any event the deed has been done.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
@21Blackout have you ever seen or heard of Ford denying warranty claims based on their own Ford Performance tune?

I.E. has damage ever occurred on a Ford Performance tuned vehicle, and that damage was determined to come from the Ford Performance tune?

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
lol, ok I'd like to report Rob VanDoren (not sure the spelling) was employed at the dealer I bought my RS at, Lookout Ford, currently at the Sanders Ford Swansboro, NC location for refusing to perform the 17B32 test on my RS in February of 2018. I had only been complaining about coolant lose to him for about 6 months prior to that TSB getting published and he said that was normal, which it's not on a sealed system like the RS has. I had to go 50 miles away to get the service done instead of the 10 miles to Lookout. Prior to that when we could see a leak from between the engine and transmission, he refused to look into it as they didn't see any fluids low enough to know. Shortly after the car would not go in gear and it turned out to be the clutch cylinder. Oh, and then tried to play off the clutch getting replaced as a favor, really what an effin tool. He didn't like that I called him out on that as soon as he said it, told him that there was no way that was not going to be in warranty when the damage to it was from the brake fluid leaking on to it, a leak he refused to investigate, perhaps before any other parts were damaged.
THERE ARE SO MANY ASSHOLES LIKE THAT IN THE INDUSTRY BUT DEALERSHIPS KEEP THEM ON REGARDLESS. MY 2011 V W DIESEL GOLF STARTED EATING ANTIFREEZE ONE YEAR AFTER AND THEY REFUSED TO LOOK INTO WHY .. I KNEW WHY, HEAD GASKET LEAK OR CRACKED BLOCK ETC.. I FOUGHT WITH VW HEAD OFFICE, THEY SAID IT WAS UP TO THE DEALERSHIP TO FIX IT, GUESS WHAT I DID, TRADED IT IN ON A F15O BYBY, NO MORE VW FOR ME!!
Sponsored