Ford Protect Extended Warranty?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
So I remember when I bought my ranger I passed on the Ford extended warranty. Yesterday I got something from Ford in the mail about Ford Protect extended warranty for $200 off. Since I bought my Ranger I've had some fuel in oil issues (time will tell of these are true issues) which has me concerned about the long term health of my truck. Thus I'm seriously considering purchasing this or at least inquiring about costs. The flyer says 0% for 24mo.

The thought of having 84months of bumper to bumper (premium plan) coverage is appealing to me for peace of mind. It say fully backed by Ford Motor Company so I'm assuming its the same coverage my dealer offered me at time of purchase?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
Dan
https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php
Non-paid endorsement here..BEST deal bar-none I've found on a FoMoCo backed extended warranty. Got the last three from them '16 Escape, '19 Ranger & '20 Escape Hybrid..
My Stealership though I had a great experience w/past [2] purchases and outstanding service team could not/would not budge on the price for the SAME warranty. They were exactly double in cost!?...dont get it.
Once the warranty went live I was able to have my service writer run VIN and verify as well as FordPass app shows its 'live'..
NOT against a guy,company making a profit, but double? for processing a form?...sorry.
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I just looked at the Zeigler Ford site and you can still get a $250 discount if you pay in full up front. Use the code ‘PAYINFULL’
Zeigler another great web-driven warranty source, I strongly considered them too! :)

OP
OP
Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Another question please.....If I choose the 8yr service plan does the 8yrs start when my initial 3yr factory (bumper to bumper) warranty expires giving me 11yrs of bumper to bumper coverage?

Thanks,
Dan

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Another question please.....If I choose the 8yr service plan does the 8yrs start when my initial 3yr factory (bumper to bumper) warranty expires giving me 11yrs of bumper to bumper coverage?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, when you say service plan is that for oil changes, etc., or an extended warranty?

OP
OP
Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Dan, when you say service plan is that for oil changes, etc., or an extended warranty?

Sorry, it's extended warranty. Ford Protect formally known as Ford ESP.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Sorry, it's extended warranty. Ford Protect formally known as Ford ESP.
Just wanted to make sure Dan. There's several answers out there, some right, some wrong. I know what I think, but I suggest you call the dealer you are thinking of buying from, and ask them to make sure. Best to get it direct from the horses mouth.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Thanks,
Dan
The Ford extended warranties begin with the original in-service date so you are buying 5 extra years with an 8 year warranty.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Thank you for posting this info on online extended warranties!!! Much CHEAPER than my dealer (who is a very close friend).

I just purchased a Premium/5 year/75,000 mile through Flood Ford. Price checked ziegler and anderson/koch - same price. Flood Ford allowed me to us my Ford Pass Reward points. Saved me another $250.

I also purchased the same plan for our Avaitor - used Lincoln Pass Reward point on that plan - saved me another $275

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Good info guys
I also never buy warranties as the odds are stacked in favor of the house.
But I kept my last truck 12 yrs and could have definitely taken advantage of an extended warranty.
What are we talking for a 5 yr 100ded plan?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I just looked at the Zeigler Ford site and you can still get a $250 discount if you pay in full up front. Use the code ‘PAYINFULL’
Thanks! I bought from Zeigler on 12/27. Lowest price I found at the time.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I almost pulled the trigger thru Flood Ford, but I am lacking a competent dealer within a reasonable drive so it makes the insurance/warranty moot for me. With the prices of new vehicles insane ( I only bought my Ranger because I got it for $5k under MSRP) and getting more crazy by the year, I'll likely hope this Ranger holds out ( I am meticulous on my maintenance ) and when the time comes it'll probably be a lightly used non Ford just so I can get something fixed...???

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Good info guys
I also never buy warranties as the odds are stacked in favor of the house.
But I kept my last truck 12 yrs and could have definitely taken advantage of an extended warranty.
What are we talking for a 5 yr 100ded plan?
Mike, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I bought (before the 01/06 increase) a 5/48 $100 deduct premium care from Anderson-Koch for $445. They had the cheapest prices at the time.

dlow206

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I got tricked into buying a 3rd party warranty from the dealer. I wasn't paying close enough attention, so that's my fault. But because its still within 30 days, I can cancel and receive the full amount I paid back. And then I will buy a real Ford warranty.
Sponsored