Oil Viscosity

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
You all are aware that Ford does not make it's own oil....it's produced by Conoco-Phillips corp.
They also supply oil for the Kendall brand, and I'm sure many others. Kirkland is produced by Warren Oil company.
Pennzoil is produced by Shell Oil company, and any other private oil brand is made by only one of a few petroleum companies. Not sure about Royal Purple, Amsoil, and the other "singular" brands.
And the supplier of Motorcraft oil could very well change at the next contract renewal. Main reason I stay away from manufacturers brands. When I buy Castrol, I'm getting Castrol. Not the guys who bid lowest last time. Ditto Wix filters.

Some things, many things, i want to save a buck on as much as the next guy. Engine oil and filters? No way. I'll pay what it takes to get the brand I want.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
And the supplier of Motorcraft oil could very well change at the next contract renewal. Main reason I stay away from manufacturers brands. When I buy Castrol, I'm getting Castrol. Not the guys who bid lowest last time. Ditto Wix filters.

Some things, many things, i want to save a buck on as much as the next guy. Engine oil and filters? No way. I'll pay what it takes to get the brand I want.

Just my 2 cents.
Castrol Lubricants are actually produced by BP Oil Co. BP owns the Castrol name.

TheRealStreetcommander

First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
Thanks old salt. I have the unique problem of having many vehicles and also having a daily commute of 125-135 miles each day. I get to put a lot of miles on many different forms of transportation. I've put 200k miles on several while using HDDO and have never had a cat problem, or a CEL indicating cat efficiency below threshold.

The cat contamination problem is, in my first hand experience, not a real thing resulting from use of HDDO or 15w40. I have seen cat problems many times, but never on a vehicle who's owner runs HDDO. Your first hand experience may be different.

I'm sharing what I do, and the results of my actions. Smart folks can make up their own minds. I try not to discuss unsubstantiated lure I've read from keyboard warriors on the internet. Not saying you are that, just saying I actively try and avoid that behavior in general.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Castrol Lubricants are actually produced by BP Oil Co. BP owns the Castrol name.
100%. And Castrol stays Castrol.
Sponsored