First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger xl stx special edition fx2
Occupation
Wind turbine tech
As long as oil meets all certifications and filter as well they cannot void warranty. You can run synthetic at your mileage now yes after 500 miles its broken in so change oil and boost away.
Sponsored

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wind turbine tech
As for plugs, diff oil, and trans oil id swap at 30k just off of research and advice ive gotten from my ford tech bud about the 2.3 and the 10r80e.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Actually it will all be fine to do at 60,000 mile instead. Tye parts on these trycks are tough

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
It wil help with a few things.

1: I will help with MPG(even though I have yet to notice)
2:it has a higher heat protection(great for turbocharged applications)
3:it is easier on the engine for cold start

There is probably more but I can't remember right off
Thank you, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
As long as oil meets all certifications and filter as well they cannot void warranty. You can run synthetic at your mileage now yes after 500 miles its broken in so change oil and boost away.
Awesome, thank you. I heard that the brake in lasted much longer than that so I wasn't sure.

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
As for plugs, diff oil, and trans oil id swap at 30k just off of research and advice ive gotten from my ford tech bud about the 2.3 and the 10r80e.
Trans and diff oil is going to happen very very early as we had a Focus with the squirrely transmission and I do not want to risk anything with this truck.

Also looking at the PPE pan and the dipstick extension.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wind turbine tech
Ive had the f150 ecoboosts and the rangers as work trucks so im familiar with the platforms, i dont put much load on em ive had both with about 50 miles and ive gotten em serviced at the normal service intervals and damn. The oil that came out of the trans and the plugs,so now i have in mind what service intervals i wana do on my new personal ranger.

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wind turbine tech
I also purchased the b&m dipstick and the ppe pan just waiting for my ranger to arive. Should be here mid march

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Ive had the f150 ecoboosts and the rangers as work trucks so im familiar with the platforms, i dont put much load on em ive had both with about 50 miles and ive gotten em serviced at the normal service intervals and damn. The oil that came out of the trans and the plugs,so now i have in mind what service intervals i wana do on my new personal ranger.
I'm assuming the trans fluid was trashed? And what do you mean by the plugs? Just the drain plugs?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Changing oil at 1,000? I thought the 'break in oil change' was a thing of the past. I got my first at 6K.

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Changing oil at 1,000? I thought the 'break in oil change' was a thing of the past. I got my first at 6K.
Dealer said change at 3k. Changing early is in my opinion cheap insurance. I also put a lot of highway miles on early, and that makes me nervous. Ill pay the 40 bucks or so just for peace of mind.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, looks like I might've screwed up.

Even if I did, its less so of a "someone tell me which is best" and more of a "whats some advice yall have."

I just like to hear what others do and then I can decide if I like that or not.

For instance one of my friends always buys two filters and two of however much oil they need. They drain, swap filter, fill, do the old "italian tune-up" then drain, swap and fill again. Interesting technique, and it kept an Old Chevy running for a few hundred thousand miles.

I've also heard that blended oils are better for break-in but moving to full synthetic down the line is a good play.
I've been using Mobil 1 and OEM filter for the past 87K miles...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Dealer said change at 3k. Changing early is in my opinion cheap insurance. I also put a lot of highway miles on early, and that makes me nervous. Ill pay the 40 bucks or so just for peace of mind.
Nothing wrong with changing early as a safety on the first but also understand that Ford states that the vehicle can go up to 10,000 mile on an oil change(depending on conditions of course). I myself stayed with every 5,000 miles and did just fine

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wind turbine tech
I'm assuming the trans fluid was trashed? And what do you mean by the plugs? Just the drain plugs?
Oh yeah. Extremly dark. Especially how the 10r80e has a harsh learning cycle for the first couple thousand miles, and the spark plugs were toast.
Sponsored