OEM 2019+ Ranger Tailgate Damper Part# VKB3Z-99406A10-A by DeeZee DZ43206

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
My order cancelled as well. Can still call part up on the parts.ford site (??)
Sponsored

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Because I don't want it slamming down when my wife goes to get groceries in or out of it, and she cannot be trained.
First time my wife opened the tailgate she dropped it. She asked why does it do that? Cause its a damn tailgate!!! In her defense all she's driven is manual VW's and Audi's. She's not allowed to open the tailgate anymore.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I have seen lots of talk of these on this forum. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but what's the point? I truly don't see the point of this and I'm looking for an explanation. Maybe I need it and don't know...
Until you use one it is hard to see the rational in wanting one. I was a skeptic until I tried one installed on a friends truck.
Picture yourself with your arms full and you need to open your tailgate and laying down your armload of stuff isn't an option. Would you rather tug the tailgate latch and let it slam down uncontrollably of tug that handle and have the tailgate open with a smooth controlled flow to the open position.

In another vane, do you prefer your hood with or without hood struts? Do you prefer to grab that hot hood prop while you wrestle the unsupported hood or do you prefer the smooth assist received by installing hood struts?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Until you use one it is hard to see the rational in wanting one. I was a skeptic until I tried one installed on a friends truck.
Picture yourself with your arms full and you need to open your tailgate and laying down your armload of stuff isn't an option. Would you rather tug the tailgate latch and let it slam down uncontrollably of tug that handle and have the tailgate open with a smooth controlled flow to the open position.

In another vane, do you prefer your hood with or without hood struts? Do you prefer to grab that hot hood prop while you wrestle the unsupported hood or do you prefer the smooth assist received by installing hood struts?
Want to know the funniest part? They put a damper on the glove box! :crackup::explode:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You're not very imaginative are you? Not meaning to be offensive, but your comment is lacking any sense of irony.
The irony is that the weenies that want the damper also have untrained wifes, And probably cant even understand how to lower the tailgate one handed. One more free tip, lower the tailgate first then pickup the item that you want to put in the bed. THIMK :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The irony is that the weenies that want the damper also have untrained wifes, And probably cant even understand how to lower the tailgate one handed. One more free tip, lower the tailgate first then pickup the item that you want to put in the bed. THIMK :LOL:
You're thinking one sided here. I walk out from my job with my hands full which is easier.

1: Drop all my stuff on the ground,lower the tailgate,pick everything back up off the ground and load my truck.

2: Grab the tailgate handle with one finger and watch it lower slowly and load my truck

THINK :LOL::LOL:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth I was told by DeeZee back in August that their damper was done but could only be bought from Ford until 2020. That said this may be their damper with a Ford markup on price.

fah3

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a call from Ford Parts explaining that the order was cancelled because the part was out of stock. Instructions are to contact your local dealer as they will have more information on availability.

When I asked if he could confirm if the part was actually for the 2019 US Ranger he gave me the following customer service number to call 844.589.0060

I don’t have time right now to call in, but if someone else wants to and post the results, have at it

dambrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just spoke to my Parts Department about ordering one. Apparently, they are not in stock. But because I work for a dealership, I was priced: $42.97 w/ taxes. Would like to see someone install one though before pulling the trigger on it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just got a call from Ford Parts explaining that the order was cancelled because the part was out of stock. Instructions are to contact your local dealer as they will have more information on availability.

When I asked if he could confirm if the part was actually for the 2019 US Ranger he gave me the following customer service number to call 844.589.0060

I don’t have time right now to call in, but if someone else wants to and post the results, have at it
I just called and spoke with Tasha,she said that it does fit the Ranger. I asked her how it attaches inside the tail light as there's no ball mount in there now and she didn't know. All the parts in the original OP are what she said comes with it so it looks like there's no ball mount included. She also said they have them in stock (the number is for Ford parts.com) so many someone wants to be the guinea pig and order one?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Lol, you might think yours is trained, but I assure you it's not possible.

I've never had a dampened tailgate, and I wouldn't even care to have it until I got a truck where the tailgate is nearly shoulder height... Check an old ranger against a new one, my guess is the tailgate is 1' taller on the new truck.

I just called and spoke with Tasha,she said that it does fit the Ranger. I asked her how it attaches inside the tail light as there's no ball mount in there now and she didn't know. All the parts in the original OP are what she said comes with it so it looks like there's no ball mount included. She also said they have them in stock (the number is for Ford parts.com) so many someone wants to be the guinea pig and order one?
She's probably uninformed, you can't expect every parts girl to know the model interchange for every part. She's likely reading from the computer, so if the computer is wrong (gasp) the part will be wrong.
Sponsored