New Truck, New Member...Allow myself to introduce....myself.

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Hey hey, just picked up my truck two days ago and want to join the gang. Hope that's cool. I already posted a few times while doing pre-buying research, but this is the official official first post. I usually hang with the Subaru crowd, and I love my Forester, don't hate. I have to have a truck for work and Subaru doesn't make one....anymore...and I mean the BRAT not the Baja....So Ford gets my money. I downsized from a 2014 F150 FX4 to get the Ranger.

I scooped up a 21 Lariat FX4 Black Appearance Package, that I also had spec'd with the Level 2 Performance package and the Sport exhaust form Ford. Pretty much a Tremor without the graphics....and no waiting. Unfortunately, the performance tune is not ready for the 21s yet. Pretty big disappointment there as I didn't find that out until after I rolled the package into the financing. Hopefully it won't take too long for the folks at CARB to certify the tune...it's not going to take me too long to get through 1000 miles.

FYI, my dealer had no idea about this particular fact (or the Performance Package in general) and Ford Performance seemed angry when I asked them about it. I suspect they know they jumped the shark on this a bit. Then again, it was via email and it can be hard to judge tone. However, Livernois Motorsport does support tuning for the 2021s in case you were wondering....I talked with them as well. So at least there is a plan B if the wait becomes extended.

Anyhow, I love the Ranger. I suspect it will be even better after I can upload the extra horses and torques. And I'm out. Pics below:
tempImagecABJ6H.jpg
tempImaged9t2Zd.jpg
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Woooaaah! Good lookin truck. Congrats!
Nice looking truck, you ate now officially part of the gang. Just need to get that tailgate damper on order. :like:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Jason. Nice truck - I’m a fan of black on black on black.

Hanging with the Subaru crowd? What does that even mean - you guys crawl to the mall and meet for tea?

You may have bought your Ranger just in time.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Sweet Ride, Welcome to the Gang

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Welcome to the group!

what tires does that come with? I really like them, and I’ll be buying soon since I did my fox coil overs.

good luck with CARB, they are totally annoying in most cases.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
theres no hate about Subarus, they are perfect for those men who like to wear dresses and carry manpurses. Now, if you were driving a Ridgeline, then there might be some hate....

As for hanging out with the Subaru crowd you better start saying goodbye to your old friends....you'll be on here much more often now.

Damnit...I do have a man purse..but its a nice one.
Nice looking truck, you ate now officially part of the gang. Just need to get that tailgate damper on order. :like:
Haha! I read through that post...and for some reason I have to have one now. Thanks a lot.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hey hey, just picked up my truck two days ago and want to join the gang. Hope that's cool. I already posted a few times while doing pre-buying research, but this is the official official first post. I usually hang with the Subaru crowd, and I love my Forester, don't hate. I have to have a truck for work and Subaru doesn't make one....anymore...and I mean the BRAT not the Baja....So Ford gets my money. I downsized from a 2014 F150 FX4 to get the Ranger.

I scooped up a 21 Lariat FX4 Black Appearance Package, that I also had spec'd with the Level 2 Performance package and the Sport exhaust form Ford. Pretty much a Tremor without the graphics....and no waiting. Unfortunately, the performance tune is not ready for the 21s yet. Pretty big disappointment there as I didn't find that out until after I rolled the package into the financing. Hopefully it won't take too long for the folks at CARB to certify the tune...it's not going to take me too long to get through 1000 miles.

FYI, my dealer had no idea about this particular fact (or the Performance Package in general) and Ford Performance seemed angry when I asked them about it. I suspect they know they jumped the shark on this a bit. Then again, it was via email and it can be hard to judge tone. However, Livernois Motorsport does support tuning for the 2021s in case you were wondering....I talked with them as well. So at least there is a plan B if the wait becomes extended.

Anyhow, I love the Ranger. I suspect it will be even better after I can upload the extra horses and torques. And I'm out. Pics below:
tempImagecABJ6H.jpg
tempImaged9t2Zd.jpg
Congratulations! Beautiful Ranger! :like:

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Welcome Jason. Nice truck - I’m a fan of black on black on black.

Hanging with the Subaru crowd? What does that even mean - you guys crawl to the mall and meet for tea?

You may have bought your Ranger just in time.
Thanks. Who could argue about a black Ford Pickup? I suppose I should have been more specific as to the Subaru crowd affiliation. There is a big distinction between the Subarus with hood scoops vs those without.
Welcome to the group!

what tires does that come with? I really like them, and I’ll be buying soon since I did my fox coil overs.

good luck with CARB, they are totally annoying in most cases.
Thanks! The tires are BFG AT K02 265/70/17....not holding my breath on CARB to make haste, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a while.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
2020 Ranger scab black on black here and super happy, plus 3rd time Outback owner for the wife...terrific trouble free safe car! Others are just jealous!!!
Roger that. The Forester is my GF's daily...it does have all the go fast bits swapped from an STi though. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Welcome aboard. As others have said, ALL Rangers are good looking.

Couldn’t help but notice something I'm not familiar with though and that would be that white stuff on the ground!!! LO,
Lucky you. That white stuff is the worst! One mans opinion anyhow.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
No tea...stuffing a bigger turbo under the hood of a station wagon kind of thing. Nothing quite like a 300AWHP grocery getter...that has also been know to drag a stuck Jeep or two from a ditch.

RangerRod31

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercrew, 2019 Chevy Blazer
Occupation
Department store manager

tempImagecABJ6H.jpg
tempImaged9t2Zd.jpg
Beautiful truck Austin, I mean Jason. ? The black on black looks awesome!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

tempImagecABJ6H.jpg
tempImaged9t2Zd.jpg
Nice truck! Nothing wrong with a Ubu. Wife has one for a company car and it saved our asses one fine day last Feb. Not a scratch. I felt a little like Martina Navratilova the first time I drove it, but that feeling quickly passes.
1614617765688.png
Sponsored