Finally spotted one myself...maverick

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
I saw 3 different mavericks in my little suburban kansas neighborhood Saturday, everyone here thinks they need a truck (I am guilty too, I probably have never towed more then 4000lbs in my ranger.) I think they are going to sell like crazy here, great for city driving, and alot of families that have an F150 and an escape or focus will be replacing their smaller car with these.
Sponsored

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
trying to convince the wife to go with a maverick, lease is up on her Audi suv and def wants a small truck, but ....shes stuck on that kim chi hyundai santa cruz :(

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
are you sure?
Co-pilot 360 is available, and the claim here is that is has all of this:

Available safety and driver assistance features for the 2022 Ford Maverick lineup’s Co-Pilot360 suite include hill descent control technology, lane-keeping capabilities, lane departure warning technology, a blind spot information system complete with cross-traffic alert technology, a reverse sensing system, a lane centering system, evasive steering assist capabilities, and an adaptive cruise control system complete with stop and go functionality.

Plus, this XLT at my dealer, has co-pilot 360
their website only lists this statement though:

1635353995169.png

1635354015573.png

1635353930172.png
The XLT I drove had Co-pilot 360 but didn't have back up sensors. I found that out as I was backing it into its space and no alerts went off as I was getting close to the pole.

It looks like they do have the cross traffic alert though, which I didn't get a chance to experience thankfully.

There is a white XLT in transit to a local dealer that is equipped exactly like I would order one so I am going to see it when it arrives.

Edit: I just looked at some pictures of XLTs with Copilot 360 and they don't have the backup sensors in the rear bumper.

The cross traffic is in the taillights.

Honestly I could do without it, but after having it in my Ranger I'd feel like I'm missing something.

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
trying to convince the wife to go with a maverick, lease is up on her Audi suv and def wants a small truck, but ....shes stuck on that kim chi hyundai santa cruz :(
Those are pretty sweet I think! The army green looks cool. Suites a woman imo.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was at my dealer and they had one prepped for the buyer to take delivery, not bad looking. It would probably work for 95% of my needs.

mav1.jpg
That looks sharp in the Area51 color.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t hate it but it’s not for me. If I was a full-size truck guy, I‘d likely be saying the same thing about the Ranger. I‘m not the buyer they’re looking for, so if I don’t love it, it seems like they nailed it!

I used to be the kind of buyer they were looking for when I drove one of these…

CCF00AF2-8873-4708-B60A-FB32D70BBB19.jpeg

(not mine)

When my needs became greater, I traded it for my 1991 Ranger. I think Ford knows the small truck market better than most. They’ve positioned the Maverick well and hopefully, this is a winner for them.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I saw a base model one at the dealer last week. As I was checking it out the owner, a woman about my age started talking with me about it. She settled for an XL with steel wheels and was trying to get the dealer to work a deal for the upgraded wheels. She is going to have a Rhino liner sprayed on soon. I thought it looked ok, but I am not thrilled with the front end.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
I saw one at Snow Bowl ski area in Flagstaff this weekend, it's on the small side. The wife asked "why did they saw off the back end of it".

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
When I went from my 97 into a 2020 I thought to myself this thing is HUGE! Now that I have been driving it almost a year it seems like the perfect size now. To go back to the Maverick size I don’t think I would be thrilled.

Now that I see what’s coming for looks and price I’m sure glad I pulled the trigger when I did on this Ranger.
Same here. I test drove an F-150 and after coming from a sedan, it felt like a cavern. I thought the Ranger was plenty big. Now after a year and change I feel even better about the Ranger. It's easy to park and I've never had an issue with not having enough room. I really like the Lightning that's coming out next year but I'd need a really good deal to move up in size.
Sponsored