First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
An AVS hood deflector 'cause the hood's leading edge will get chips.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Signing for my Lightning Blue 2019 Lariat Ranger tonight. They let me bring it home for the weekend and we put it through the paces. 25k miles on it all stock except for a tonneau cover. The wife said have fun with it meaning I can make some "subtle" changes. Advice needed for the following...

Tuning - I've used Five Star on an F150 in the past, 5 liter, and it worked well. Other vehicles have always been custom dyno tuned, i.e. Cobra and Shelby. Any recommendations other than Five Star?

Lowering kit - I'm thinking to go all the way with the Belltech 3" / 6" lowering kit. When I called Belltech, the guy I spoke to did warn me about the stiffness of the ride. Any advice on this one? Are there other kits I don't know about?

Interior - Interior will need a tray for the center console beneath the arm rest.??

Exterior Looks - I will take off the FX4 stickers and ecoboost on the tailgate.
I think the side marker lights need to be tinted or replaced, including the one on the side mirrors. Available?
Not sure what to do with the tailgate and grill blue oval. - Thoughts?
Anyone making a blacked out or other replacement for the front fender Ranger Lariat insert right in front of the door?

Let me know what else I'm missing :like:
Tuning: Ford Performance tune keeps the factory warranty as long as it's installed by a dealer or ASE certified mechanic. I've heard that Five Star and Unleashed Tuning are good. I come from the Sport Trac world where people swear by Unleashed. I drive a lot and don't need the added expense of 91 or 93 octane so mine is stock. Normally I run E15 88 or regular 89. I had a Gibson cat-back exhaust on my Sport Trac and for now I'm enjoying the quiet.

Lowering Kit: Up to you. The Belltech kit doesn't cost a lot but the installation will. There was a Ranger with it at the Ford Nationals last year. I thought it looked good.

Interior: I got a console tray also, one of the first things I did. Amazon, about $20.

Exterior: I like the tinted front marker lights and will probably get them. Several on Amazon, I don't know which is best. I got the Ford Accessories black stainless steel tailgate letters. Ford Accessories and RTR make front fender louvers with no badging but they're not cheap. I got the Ford Accessories door stripes. Also a Mountains 2 Metal lower grille insert (Amazon) but if you have the adaptive cruise control make sure you get one that works with it. Also a black tailpipe tip (Amazon) and I cut a few inches off the stock tailpipe so you don't see it inside the tip. I got blue RANGER letters for the grille (not in pic) and unbolted the tow hooks, painted them with Rustoleum, they have a blue that's close enough, and put them back on, it's not hard. And no Gen 5 Ranger is complete without the Tailgate Damper. Amazon costs half what Ford Accessories does and it's the same one from Dee Zee.

Ranger_2020_2.jpeg

Ranger_Grille.jpeg

Ranger_2020_LOF.jpeg

Ford Nationals show field with larger tires added.

Ranger_Carlisle_2022.jpg

Last edited:

Phantomfixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX 4
Crap! I forgot to take delivery picts. Got side tracked as we can't get Ford Pass to connect.
Any tips? Never had that issue before.
You may have to contact support and get the previous owner removed.If they never deleted themselves you won't be able to use Fordpass until you get them removed

Last edited:

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The 5G US Ranger has a limited number of years of production so we'll be a bit if a cult class of truck owners.
I joined a cult and didn't even know it muhahahhah :devil:
Ok, maybe my second cult. I had a Tacoma & they are very cultish.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
The 5G US Ranger has a limited number of years of production so we'll be a bit if a cult class of truck owners. A 2019 Lariat - being the 'pre-delete' issue makes it kind of a collector item if there were such a thing among truck drivers.
I joined a cult and didn't even know it muhahahhah :devil:
Ok, maybe my second cult. I had a Tacoma & they are very cultish.
That's nothing, I had two Sport Tracs before. They haven't been made since 2010, you gotta be hard-core.

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
303 makes some great products! I also have a few favorites of my own. Zaino is one of them.
Still love Zaino products.

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
Signing for my Lightning Blue 2019 Lariat Ranger tonight. They let me bring it home for the weekend and we put it through the paces. 25k miles on it all stock except for a tonneau cover. The wife said have fun with it meaning I can make some "subtle" changes. Advice needed for the following...

Tuning - I've used Five Star on an F150 in the past, 5 liter, and it worked well. Other vehicles have always been custom dyno tuned, i.e. Cobra and Shelby. Any recommendations other than Five Star?

Lowering kit - I'm thinking to go all the way with the Belltech 3" / 6" lowering kit. When I called Belltech, the guy I spoke to did warn me about the stiffness of the ride. Any advice on this one? Are there other kits I don't know about?

Interior - Interior will need a tray for the center console beneath the arm rest.??

Exterior Looks - I will take off the FX4 stickers and ecoboost on the tailgate.
I think the side marker lights need to be tinted or replaced, including the one on the side mirrors. Available?
Not sure what to do with the tailgate and grill blue oval. - Thoughts?
Anyone making a blacked out or other replacement for the front fender Ranger Lariat insert right in front of the door?

Let me know what else I'm missing :like:
You obviously are forgetting who told you to have fun, take care of her so you can go bat poop crazy with the mods.

OP
OP

Kafn8td

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2022 Volvo XC40
Yeah, we've been spoiling each other for a long time.

Rod B

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport 2WD, extended cab (long bed)
Tuning: Ford Performance tune keeps the factory warranty as long as it's installed by a dealer or ASE certified mechanic. I've heard that Five Star and Unleashed Tuning are good. I come from the Sport Trac world where people swear by Unleashed. I drive a lot and don't need the added expense of 91 or 93 octane so mine is stock. Normally I run E15 88 or regular 89. I had a Gibson cat-back exhaust on my Sport Trac and for now I'm enjoying the quiet.

Lowering Kit: Up to you. The Belltech kit doesn't cost a lot but the installation will. There was a Ranger with it at the Ford Nationals last year. I thought it looked good.

Interior: I got a console tray also, one of the first things I did. Amazon, about $20.

Exterior: I like the tinted front marker lights and will probably get them. Several on Amazon, I don't know which is best. I got the Ford Accessories black stainless steel tailgate letters. Ford Accessories and RTR make front fender louvers with no badging but they're not cheap. I got the Ford Accessories door stripes. Also a Mountains 2 Metal lower grille insert (Amazon) but if you have the adaptive cruise control make sure you get one that works with it. Also a black tailpipe tip (Amazon) and I cut a few inches off the stock tailpipe so you don't see it inside the tip. I got blue RANGER letters for the grille (not in pic) and unbolted the tow hooks, painted them with Rustoleum, they have a blue that's close enough, and put them back on, it's not hard. And no Gen 5 Ranger is complete without the Tailgate Damper. Amazon costs half what Ford Accessories does and it's the same one from Dee Zee.

Ranger_2020_2.jpeg

Ranger_Grille.jpeg

Ranger_2020_LOF.jpeg

Ford Nationals show field with larger tires added.

Ranger_Carlisle_2022.jpg
I did almost the exact same thing to mine except the front letters. Which ones did you get and how do you like them? Here are the marker lights I got almost 3 months ago, they are so far working well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QRH6988?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Reactions: Doc

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
An AVS hood deflector 'cause the hood's leading edge will get chips.
Dammit. Don't even have my truck yet and now more chips to worry about.

Guess I'm just going to park the thing in my garage and put some museum rope around it. Maybe stage lighting.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Dammit. Don't even have my truck yet and now more chips to worry about.

Guess I'm just going to park the thing in my garage and put some museum rope around it. Maybe stage lighting.
...and hire the C-crew to make films.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
o_O Even I was being nice on that one. lol

1676988476064.png
Had to laugh. Had to. Mentally called him a great big ol' butthead! But had to laugh.

Whole damn forum of smartass comedians.
Sponsored