First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Hell yeah brother! I figured it would have to be a running joke on here by now, figured I wouldn’t say anything until someone asked! Growing up that movie was badass!
Yeah that’s easily one of my favorite movies of all time. Burt Gummer was the man. I watched that movie probably 50 times as a kid. The second one was pretty good too. I think they started going downhill after that. They came out with one a few years ago but I still need to watch it. Oh good times.
1676686920721.gif
Sponsored

OP
OP
Graboid

Graboid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Yeah that’s easily one of my favorite movies of all time. Burt Gummer was the man. I watched that movie probably 50 times as a kid. The second one was pretty good too. I think they started going downhill after that. They came out with one a few years ago but I still need to watch it. Oh good times.
you’re right about them going downhill after the second one, I watch the latest one, cause I just can’t quit the drug. It was sooo bad, nothing a few beers couldn’t fix.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
you’re right about them going downhill after the second one, I watch the latest one, cause I just can’t quit the drug. It was sooo bad, nothing a few beers couldn’t fix.
Yeah, that’ll be my plan. Pick up a 6 pack and watch it. I had my oldest son watch the first two movies last year and he dug them both. He kept asking for me to put on the rest of them. At some point I’ll just have to do a marathon of Tremors movies with him. I’ll make sure I start drinking after the the first few movies. Congrats on the truck BTW. Now I’m thinking I should have bought a Tremor. ?

OP
OP
Graboid

Graboid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Yeah, that’ll be my plan. Pick up a 6 pack and watch it. I had my oldest son watch the first two movies last year and he dug them both. He kept asking for me to put on the rest of them. At some point I’ll just have to do a marathon of Tremors movies with him. I’ll make sure I start drinking after the the first few movies. Congrats on the truck BTW. Now I’m thinking I should have bought a Tremor. ?
sounds like a good time right there. I can’t wait for my kids to get a little older.

Thanks, I would be lying if I said that the name Tremor didn’t influence my purchase.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Someone will have to explain this damper thing to me at some point.
This will not be a good explanation but there is an on going friendly feud on here between ones that have a tailgate damper & those of us how refuse to bow down to the establishment & get a damper. Don't know your age but my reason for not getting one is more a state of mind. I like you came from a 92 F250 extended cab with an 8 ft bed. I was 41 and even then the tailgate was heavy. Sold the truck in 2013 no longer needed. Got my 2019 new and now being 71 I appreciate the light tailgate & do not need a damper to help me lower it. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

OP
OP
Graboid

Graboid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
This will not be a good explanation but there is an on going friendly feud on here between ones that have a tailgate damper & those of us how refuse to bow down to the establishment & get a damper. Don't know your age but my reason for not getting one is more a state of mind. I like you came from a 92 F250 extended cab with an 8 ft bed. I was 41 and even then the tailgate was heavy. Sold the truck in 2013 no longer needed. Got my 2019 new and now being 71 I appreciate the light tailgate & do not need a damper to help me lower it. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
Ha! I’m 35 and coming from my 11 F250 long bed, I didnt have a damper, so color me team no damper. If the truck had it, fine but not worth chasing.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Yall! I got my first ranger yesterday and look forward to exploring the forum. It's a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor with 28k miles on it. For the most part it's pretty clean but with a few nicks here and there, it's a truck! I finally let go of my 2011 F-250 XL 4 door long bed, it was a great truck but I didn't need that big of a truck anymore.

I don't plan on doing many mods, maybe a hidden winch, bed cover, and a tune? idk. I got the Tremor because it seemed it would basically do anything I would likely need it to out of the box. I hope that I'm right!

If any one has any advice for me or any need to know info on the trucks they want to share, I'm open. Now for the part y'all've been waiting for!

IMG-2939.jpg
IMG-2937.jpg
IMG-2945.jpg
IMG-2933.jpg
"I don't plan on doing many mods..." We all say that at the beginning, Buddy, before we start "exploring the forum..." Welcome!

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Ha! I’m 35 and coming from my 11 F250 long bed, I didnt have a damper, so color me team no damper. If the truck had it, fine but not worth chasing.
Yeah those with dampers here think they’re upper class and really look down on us non damper folks. They also drink with their pinky facing up if that gives you any indication of what side you should be on.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
The way I see it, what it comes down to is two very different groups of people. One group carries on a long line of traditional values such as courage, honor, steadfastness, humanity, wisdom, temperance, humility, compassion, self-control, loyalty, patience, kindness, justice, hope, perseverance, truthfulness, generosity, prudence, and honesty…and the other group has tailgate dampers.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Uh, I would pick the side which pays more. But they don’t offer money so I don’t pick a side.

Welcome to mad house!
Nice truck!
Technically the non dampered side pays more because we’re free. We don’t force you to pay unlike the other side. The damper side definitely isn’t free and hides behind a paywall.
Sponsored