New Ranger Owner - as of 6 p.m. tonight

Kafn8td

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2022 Volvo XC40
Signing for my Lightning Blue 2019 Lariat Ranger tonight. They let me bring it home for the weekend and we put it through the paces. 25k miles on it all stock except for a tonneau cover. The wife said have fun with it meaning I can make some "subtle" changes. Advice needed for the following...

Tuning - I've used Five Star on an F150 in the past, 5 liter, and it worked well. Other vehicles have always been custom dyno tuned, i.e. Cobra and Shelby. Any recommendations other than Five Star?

Lowering kit - I'm thinking to go all the way with the Belltech 3" / 6" lowering kit. When I called Belltech, the guy I spoke to did warn me about the stiffness of the ride. Any advice on this one? Are there other kits I don't know about?

Interior - Interior will need a tray for the center console beneath the arm rest.??

Exterior Looks - I will take off the FX4 stickers and ecoboost on the tailgate.
I think the side marker lights need to be tinted or replaced, including the one on the side mirrors. Available?
Not sure what to do with the tailgate and grill blue oval. - Thoughts?
Anyone making a blacked out or other replacement for the front fender Ranger Lariat insert right in front of the door?

Let me know what else I'm missing :like:
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Welcome to the forum.

Most of those items have been covered thoroughly on here but sometimes the search function isn't the best.

The popular tuners on here are Livernois ( I have) and Unleashed. Ford Performance also makes a tune.

Can't help with the lowering kit and there are a couple console trays available.

Several choices for mud flaps, bug deflectors and window deflectors with the popular ones being from Weathertech and AVS.

You will have to choose sides whether to get a tail gate damper or go damperless. :crazy:

Dave @AzScorpion will lead you to the damper and his favorite 303 products to keep the truck looking great.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
If youre in the market for a blacked out 3rd brake light they sell them. I bought THIS ONE on Ebay and have had zero issues. I did have to partially drop the headlner to install it. Having the window in the back made this a little more "difficult" but not really an issue if you take your time with the clips.

This video walks you through the process on how to drop it. Only had to drop the back end.

They also offer the side mirror lights blacked out, I bought THIS ONE. Looks like they are sold out at the moment unfortunaltey.

Side marker lights HERE.

Welcome to the club!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Welcome to the forum; we're looking forward to seeing pics of your mods.

Let me know what else I'm missing :like:
Boy, that's the wrong thing to say around here. You might as well just post your credit card info and let this lot buy a bunch of stuff for you.

BTW, love the name; is that your license plate, too?

OP
OP

Kafn8td

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2022 Volvo XC40
Thanks for the input so far.
I once had an f150 with no damper. After getting smacked by it several times I added a damper. The Ranger tailgate is a featherweight comparatively speaking. I'll wait on that until I get a bruise. :facepalm:
My old plate was Kafn8td. Coffee is life.