Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
It was a Sunday morning in early 2005 and I was sleeping like a baby. We had just moved to Texas and was in our new house out in the country. I was awakened by my wife screaming her head off that something bit her....right next to her lady parts. The covers she kicked were in a wad at the end of the bed and she was freaking out, when from between the sheets, out crawled a scorpion....The exterminator was called on Monday. I got my first scorpion sting a few years later putting on my combat boots. The little bugger was hiding in the laces and zapped me good....about as bad as a wasp, but it lasted much longer, like 3-4 hours. Between the yellow jackets, black widows, brown recluses, tarantulas, rattlesnakes, and fire ants, I don't miss Texas at all.
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
It was a Sunday morning in early 2005 and I was sleeping like a baby. We had just moved to Texas and was in our new house out in the country. I was awakened by my wife screaming her head off that something bit her....right next to her lady parts. The covers she kicked were in a wad at the end of the bed and she was freaking out, when from between the sheets, out crawled a scorpion....The exterminator was called on Monday. I got my first scorpion sting a few years later putting on my combat boots. The little bugger was hiding in the laces and zapped me good....about as bad as a wasp, but it lasted much longer, like 3-4 hours. Between the yellow jackets, black widows, brown recluses, tarantulas, rattlesnakes, and fire ants, I don't miss Texas at all.
Mike a whole new meaning to Red State :giggle:

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Good evening my Ranger friends! Look what UPS brought me from the Good Folks at Bad Boy. A very nice t-shirt (notice the flag on the right sleeve), a key chain, a sticker, & certificate. How cool is that! So very nice. What a great company! :inlove: :clap: Thank YOU Bad Boy!
20210422_175642.jpg
20210422_175427.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
That's just not right... messing with us like that. I was expecting James Garner:surprised:
love the Competition Orange with the Black Appearance Package!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good evening my Ranger friends! Look what UPS brought me from the Good Folks at Bad Boy. A very nice t-shirt (notice the flag on the right sleeve), a key chain, a sticker, & certificate. How cool is that! So very nice. What a great company! :inlove: :clap: Thank YOU Bad Boy!
20210422_175642.jpg
20210422_175427.jpg
Hi Tracy,

Way cool! By the way...how are you doing on parking your mower? :)

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Hi Jim,

if they try to run away....they are scared but if they just walk and you slip your hand under them and lift up when the are in your palm they are pretty cool with what is happening....I move them and put my hand down in the desert sand and they walk off and on their merry way. The real pretty ones we have here are coal black with a double strip of yellow on each leg. Really pretty! They are really not very poisonous but their bite will get your attention.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hell no. If it has more than 4 legs I'm leaving alone. Maybe even going other way. Snakes dont bother me but spiders scare me. My dad almost lost his leg when I was a teen from a brown recluse bite. He thought it was a yard spider and didn't go to doctor for a week or so. They had to keep it on ice and let venom take its course. As his leg rotted away he had to go in and have dead skin scrubbed off. Was a horrible smell and cant imagine the pain. So spiders around my house get the boot. No time to see what kind haha

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Tracy,

Way cool! By the way...how are you doing on parking your mower? :)

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Believe it or not, I don't do too bad! :LOL: