Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Edit below with update;

Gonna be visiting another hospital tomorrow, IU Med cancer center this time, happy gas or at least an I.V. at 0730.

If I miss any of @AzScorpion; @DukeCanBuildit; @Tracy Bowman ; @Trigganometry or any of my other buddies good damper jokes be sure to fill me in in a few days after I get home. Taking out the tumor and a portion of a kidney before it spreads. Been postponed 3 times already due to covid and staffing so hopefully they have it all covered. 2-4 hour surgery and 2-3 days of no rest in the hospital then home for real rest lol. Last time I was in there for 5 days and finally slept 9 hours solid when I got home. Too many bells, whistles, phones and blood pressure checks, a guy couldn't get sleep in a hospital if he paid for it. I'll check in as I can, and will someone please sign for my @AzScorpion damper T SHIRT when it's delivered, I don't want some hoodlum stealing the package off my porch while I'm gone!

??????

Update-

3hrs 45 min. 2 hrs

In recovery. Just took some more pain meds , Makin it at least an hour passed the due time, started coughing and it goes thru the roof due to all the incisions against the grain in all my ab muscles. Don't realize how much we use those until you cough, sneeze, laugh or try to sit up in this bed....

Doc said they got it all so that's a blessing . The DaVinci robot has a built in ultra sound probe that allows doc to find all the cancer and the edges and then cauterize into the good kidney tissue and take it out without bleeding. I asked about getting a DVD or link to my surgery so I can watch it.

If I get the video I can make a new thread of what I didn't do with .y Ranger today lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
God Speed my forum friend. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Ive been in surgeries many many times with short resting periods, I know they suck. We wont let you miss anything going on here!!!!

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I got left out.....i see how it is......

Good luck with your surgery....I for one get extreme anxiety about being in that position....knock me the fuck out.
He probably listed the people he knew he could get along with :crackup:
Ill have a forum beer with ya though
?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna be visiting another hospital tomorrow, IU Med cancer center this time, happy gas or at least an I.V. at 0730.

If I miss any of @AzScorpion; @DukeCanBuildit; @Tracy Bowman ; @Trigganometry or any of my other buddies good damper jokes be sure to fill me in in a few days after I get home. Taking out the tumor and a portion of a kidney before it spreads. Been postponed 3 times already due to covid and staffing so hopefully they have it all covered. 2-4 hour surgery and 2-3 days of no rest in the hospital then home for real rest lol. Last time I was in there for 5 days and finally slept 9 hours solid when I got home. Too many bells, whistles, phones and blood pressure checks, a guy couldn't get sleep in a hospital if he paid for it. I'll check in as I can, and will someone please sign for my @AzScorpion damper T SHIRT when it's delivered, I don't want some hoodlum stealing the package off my porch while I'm gone!

??????
HI MIke,

God Speed on your successful operation and recovery...I am pulling for you in my heart and prayers!

Best,
Phil

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Don't worry Mike we'll keep you well informed of anything good that happens around here. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. No need to worry about your damper delivery as I have special tracking devices put on at Stage3 before they're sent out. Besides if someone does steal it I'll send Terry @FoD after them. ??

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
?
I've had so many doctors names, procedures, 3 hospitals in a month my brains pretty much mush right now, so for all of those I didn't specifically name, forgive me ? wasn't on purpose. I been mowing lawns, working on vehicles, replacing fence gates (and filling craters from my 1 yr old lab who was digging under the garage for a mole) so there wouldn't be much outside the wife would need to worry about.

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I got left out.....i see how it is......

Good luck with your surgery....I for one get extreme anxiety about being in that position....knock me the fuck out.
Sorry brother it wasn't on purpose! I need to make a complete list of member names and save em on my scratch pad so I can copy n paste!

I agree on knock me out too! I woke up during a knee scope and impacted wisdom teeth surgery, and a month ago I was wide awake for the pacemaker. I was asking the surgeon questions and he said uh hang on a minute I'm kinda busy LOL ( feeding the wires into my heart) when he got ready to inbed the wires into the heart muscle I heard him say "OK give him the white lightening " and I asked what that was and he said it's good stuff to knock you out. 5 minutes later I said hey doc when are you giving me the white lightening? I heard several gasps in the operating room and they said you been awake all this time? Yup! They had a cloth tent draped over my face so I wouldn't breath over the incision. I will be sure to tell the anesthesia doc that I'm hard to knock out ?

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
?
34 years of police work, I can get along with anybody ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I hope all goes smoothly tomorrow and that you’re up and about taking that young lab for a ride in your truck soon. You’ve waited more than long enough. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Sorry brother it wasn't on purpose! I need to make a complete list of member names and save em on my scratch pad so I can copy n paste!

I agree on knock me out too! I woke up during a knee scope and impacted wisdom teeth surgery, and a month ago I was wide awake for the pacemaker. I was asking the surgeon questions and he said uh hang on a minute I'm kinda busy LOL ( feeding the wires into my heart) when he got ready to inbed the wires into the heart muscle I heard him say "OK give him the white lightening " and I asked what that was and he said it's good stuff to knock you out. 5 minutes later I said hey doc when are you giving me the white lightening? I heard several gasps in the operating room and they said you been awake all this time? Yup! They had a cloth tent draped over my face so I wouldn't breath over the incision. I will be sure to tell the anesthesia doc that I'm hard to knock out ?
I always tried to fight the anesthesia and stay awake, atleast when I went out I was out. However, they have those procedures where they have to keep you awake, like on the edge of passing out. They did that when I was getting two spinal cord stimulatiors implanted and when I would get nerve blocks through my neck. Those nerve blocks are not fun, you cant swallow, the entire time the doc is talking to you, and it sounds like a zip line in your body. Knowing a needle is going from the front to the back of your neck right past your throat is weird. Good Times ?

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
When my anxiety and stress has been thru the roof these last 2 months ALL of You on this forum have been great to chat with, float ideas by and banter with while I waited to get this ticking bomb out before it spreads. Thank you for being there and putting up with me!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When my anxiety and stress has been thru the roof these last 2 months ALL of You on this forum have been great to chat with, float ideas by and banter with while I waited to get this ticking bomb out before it spreads. Thank you for being there and putting up with me!
That's what friends are for Mike! This really is a great group here on this forum. Just make sure tomorrow the anesthesia works this time. lol ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Well it is a public forum so we have to put up with you jeez :crackup:
I mean we deal with Dave so theres that ? :giggle:
Go get rid of that unwanted garbage and come back ripping your Ranger around.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm like a lost puppy who got kick around and finally found a home here. ?

Besides....

Nowhere Else To Go.gif
Snap out of it brother, everybody loves Dave.

NEgLoBv.gif
Sponsored