First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mike, so glad to hear your home and on the mend! Nothing like being in your own bed and comfortable without all the extra added background noise of a hospital setting. That only speeds recovery up a few notches. Just get out and about as much as you can take as that will only speed it up more. Porthole surgery has come a longways in the last decade. That’s the main reason I not retiring. Being part of that world is stimulating in itself and you’re proof of that
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Just checking to see how you are. Hope you are doing well @Fawnbuster!:)
Thank you Tracy! I'm doing OK, been doing yard work and also sprucing up the front porch. Slight rain delay now so hopefully back at it with dry weather in the morning.
Frigging 10 pound lifting restriction for another 3 weeks while my internal stitches heal. Today is day 11 postoperative, I started weaning myself off pain meds on the 6th day and have only needed a single pain pill on 3 different days since. On Saturday I was on the Northside of Indy at Woodcraft and a kamikaze bug got sucked into my lung, I coughed so hard I busted open one of my incisions, only bled a little bit ? stuck a bandaid over the glue and.went back to working ?. I cannot confirm or deny any lifting over 10 pounds the last few days, that's my story and I'm stickin to it ?.

Getting my stamina and wind back. After 3 trips to hospitals and 11 stinking days inside either an ER. OR or a hospital bedroom then stuck inside the house, my cabin fever took over on Friday and I worked my butt off, then did more on consecutive days.

This coming Friday my buddy and I are headed to deercamp to do some fishing and spend the night. Gives both of us a much needed change of scenery, he is still in a sling from shoulder surgery a month ago. My treestand is the furthest from the house, it's a 20 minute hike at a decent pace so I'm well ahead of my goal to be able to get back there up and over 3 ridges for opening day of gun season. Being in the woods before 1st light and watching the world wake up cleanses my soul and renews my energy. That's a view from my tree.

Sorry for rambling lol but ya"ll should be all caught up ?

20201205_081449.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you Tracy! I'm doing OK, been doing yard work and also sprucing up the front porch. Slight rain delay now so hopefully back at it with dry weather in the morning.
Frigging 10 pound lifting restriction for another 3 weeks while my internal stitches heal. Today is day 11 postoperative, I started weaning myself off pain meds on the 6th day and have only needed a single pain pill on 3 different days since. On Saturday I was on the Northside of Indy at Woodcraft and a kamikaze bug got sucked into my lung, I coughed so hard I busted open one of my incisions, only bled a little bit ? stuck a bandaid over the glue and.went back to working ?. I cannot confirm or deny any lifting over 10 pounds the last few days, that's my story and I'm stickin to it ?.

Getting my stamina and wind back. After 3 trips to hospitals and 11 stinking days inside either an ER. OR or a hospital bedroom then stuck inside the house, my cabin fever took over on Friday and I worked my butt off, then did more on consecutive days.

This coming Friday my buddy and I are headed to deercamp to do some fishing and spend the night. Gives both of us a much needed change of scenery, he is still in a sling from shoulder surgery a month ago. My treestand is the furthest from the house, it's a 20 minute hike at a decent pace so I'm well ahead of my goal to be able to get back there up and over 3 ridges for opening day of gun season. Being in the woods before 1st light and watching the world wake up cleanses my soul and renews my energy. That's a view from my tree.

Glad you're doing better Mike just don't over due it. Hope that bug tasted good but if you really need some food just let me know and I'll send over some Uber Eats for you. ?

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Mike just catching this. Hope you are healing up and I see your attitude is Great as usual :like:

Thank you Greg! The new Pacemaker is still keepin the beat, cancer is out and no chemo or radiation, just keepin a positive attitude, listen to my body and do a little more everyday.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Thank you Greg! The new Pacemaker is still keepin the beat, cancer is out and no chemo or radiation, just keepin a positive attitude, listen to my body and do a little more everyday.
That is really great to hear Mike. Hope this crap stays away, like forever :clap:

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're doing better Mike just don't over due it. Hope that bug tasted good but if you really need some food just let me know and I'll send over some Uber Eats for you. ?
Oh lord Dave, more stress/boredom eating is the last thing I need but I appreciate your offer!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

20201205_081449.jpg
Sounds great! But how are you going to haul that 12 point deer back to your vehicle?;)

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great! But how are you going to haul that 12 point deer back to your vehicle?;)
I hope you've given me good luck for a 12 pointer! We have a side by side atv with a bed and I also have a wheeled game carrier you can push or pull

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
That is really great to hear Mike. Hope this crap stays away, like forever :clap:
You and me both brother!

Since the tumor was encapsulated, hadn't spread and it was up near the top of my kidney, half in half out, like a sidewall bubble on a tire & since it was far enough away from all of the function areas the surgeon said I should retain close to 95% kidney function and he gave me a 95 % chance of the cancer not coming back at least in that kidney. When they put the pacemaker in they did ultrasound testing on my upper and lower aorta, my heart valves and vessels and both carotid arteries and they didn't see any plaque, hearts strong, all the valves are working, so with the electrical problem fixed (dead nerve) I am hitting the ground running and not looking back. I will need cat scans every 6 months for several years to make sure it's hasn't come back and or spread and if so I will deal with it then. Not going to let this define me, beat me or control my life!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
You and me both brother!

Since the tumor was encapsulated, hadn't spread and it was up near the top of my kidney, half in half out, like a sidewall bubble on a tire & since it was far enough away from all of the function areas the surgeon said I should retain close to 95% kidney function and he gave me a 95 % chance of the cancer not coming back at least in that kidney. When they put the pacemaker in they did ultrasound testing on my upper and lower aorta, my heart valves and vessels and both carotid arteries and they didn't see any plaque, hearts strong, all the valves are working, so with the electrical problem fixed (dead nerve) I am hitting the ground running and not looking back. I will need cat scans every 6 months for several years to make sure it's hasn't come back and or spread and if so I will deal with it then. Not going to let this define me, beat me or control my life!
That’s a great attitude! Have a great time on your hunting trip. Hope you get a huge one! :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You and me both brother!

Hi Mike,

Great prognosis! Wonderful attitude!

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
finally got my wind and stamina back postop and tonight out of nowhere , just standing in the kitchen, my light headed/dizzy crap came back, thought well , I better go sit down in the living room...didn't make it 3 steps, passed out fell down against the stove and dog gate, managed to turn one of the igniters on but no gas luckily, several seconds later I come to, shut the stove off , passed out again then yet again . Then my chest started hurting. made it to the bedroom and Woke Terri. Went to the hospital and here I sit, admitted again. So originally my heart had a bad nerve hence the pacemaker . tonight it suddenly went Vfib and at the hospital it was beating 256 beats per minute so they knocked me out and used a defibulator to shock it back into rythem and admitted me. more tests later...this craps gettin old. and i caught it all on camera unfortunately. Never had heart issues until after that damned vaccine...
Sponsored