First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I haven't done any real modifications to my truck, just a few accessories and cosmetic touches. Inspired my many of the members here I have been pleasantly surprised and very happy with everything I have done up to this point. Until these Ford emblem vinyl stickers.

I think there were a few issues; including application error, sticker design, and manufacturing. I think the main problem is trying to apply a flat "sticker" to the convex factory emblem. Can't see how that would ever lay perfectly. Additionally, the "Ford" lettering on the vinyl does not align with the embossed "Ford" lettering on the emblem. Finally, it was very difficult to apply the sticker, getting it aligned and laying down flat proved to be beyond my abilities.

On a positive note, I was very pleased with the "gray" color of the oval. There is no "Cactus Gray" option listed and chose a color based off of the provided Pantone PMS colors provided. I work for a printing company, color is my life. However, I chose "Flat Black" for the lettering, maybe the gloss would have looked better with the grill.

The Princess thinks it looks pretty good from a distance, and that the average person would never notice the problems. But to a more discerning eye, it's probably not going to be good enough.

FordOval_FrontView.jpg
FordOval_Close.jpg
FordOval_Emboss.jpg
FordOval_Wrinkles.jpg
Sponsored

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I haven't done any real modifications to my truck, just a few accessories and cosmetic touches. Inspired my many of the members here I have been pleasantly surprised and very happy with everything I have done up to this point. Until these Ford emblem vinyl stickers.

I think there were a few issues; including application error, sticker design, and manufacturing. I think the main problem is trying to apply a flat "sticker" to the convex factory emblem. Can't see how that would ever lay perfectly. Additionally, the "Ford" lettering on the vinyl does not align with the embossed "Ford" lettering on the emblem. Finally, it was very difficult to apply the sticker, getting it aligned and laying down flat proved to be beyond my abilities.

On a positive note, I was very pleased with the "gray" color of the oval. There is no "Cactus Gray" option listed and chose a color based off of the provided Pantone PMS colors provided. I work for a printing company, color is my life. However, I chose "Flat Black" for the lettering, maybe the gloss would have looked better with the grill.

The Princess thinks it looks pretty good from a distance, and that the average person would never notice the problems. But to a more discerning eye, it's probably not going to be good enough.

FordOval_FrontView.jpg
FordOval_Close.jpg
FordOval_Emboss.jpg
FordOval_Wrinkles.jpg
Yeah that looks like garbage. I have the same ones on my truck and it looks amazing. I used a heat gun to apply. Unless you were right up on them, you couldn't tell they weren't factory.

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Yeah that looks like garbage. I have the same ones on my truck and it looks amazing. I used a heat gun to apply. Unless you were right up on them, you couldn't tell they weren't factory.
Where did you buy yours from?

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Anytime I am applying vinyl stickers like this I use a mild soap/water solution and mist the back of the applique and the surface it is going on. This allows the opportunity to better position the applique as well as work our all the bubbles and creases while it's still wet. Before doing that I had all sorts of issues with miss-alignments and creases like this.

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Had the same issue with mine. Wonder if we used the same seller?

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Thereā€™s only one way to deal with thisā€¦.

96A5EA7A-CB2B-400F-BCEF-7541AEEC7A88.gif

Happy Landings. ?
That's what I told the Princess. The truck was ruined, I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. In the past, I was accused of buying a new truck just because the old one got a flat tire!

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Anytime I am applying vinyl stickers like this I use a mild soap/water solution and mist the back of the applique and the surface it is going on. This allows the opportunity to better position the applique as well as work our all the bubbles and creases while it's still wet. Before doing that I had all sorts of issues with miss-alignments and creases like this.
That is how I applied the grill letters and they turned out well. The instructions for these ovals say not to do that, but to apply via the transfer tape. Might try that on the back.

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Had the same issue with mine. Wonder if we used the same seller?
Certainly is possible. I think the biggest issue here was with my application, so I intentionally didn't mention the specific seller. They have volunteered a replacement set and suggest I use these for practice. Happy with that at this point.
Sponsored