OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
I would push back on the dealer. They sold you a truck with 12K on it. What was their warranty on that sale? Can’t be the original factory at 3/36 as they burned a third of it.

Now EGR valves in engine compartment are easily swappable by someone that has a little technical skill or a local garage if you have part in hand. Unless you’re referring to the gas tank one.

83194B53-CCFB-42B6-9DEF-DEBFAD58BBE3.jpeg
it was sold as is. The truck still had factory warranty on it. This problem came after factory warranty
Sponsored

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Okay….I guess I need a warranty if I am going to keep this truck. Where is the best and cheapest place to get a bumper to bumper warranty? Will is cover everything? How long will it cover this piece of junk?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Okay….I guess I need a warranty if I am going to keep this truck. Where is the best and cheapest place to get a bumper to bumper warranty? Will is cover everything? How long will it cover this piece of junk?
Granger Is $50 Above Cost

Also Flood Ford has good pricing.

These are Genuine Ford warranties and are honored nationwide.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
41 months past in-service date is the limit for Ford extended warranty to be added.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
it was sold as is. The truck still had factory warranty on it. This problem came after factory warranty
The emissions warranty is federally mandated and must be honored.
Check your owners manual with particular attention to both emissions defect warranty AND
emissions performance warranty the later should be 8year/80000 miles.

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Will they be able to figure out that damper box needs replaced? I have not had that fixed yet
Ford did get the diagnosis code, but i told them I wasn’t paying $2500. It is still working..just clicking

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Check your owners manual with particular attention to both emissions defect warranty AND
Apparently, the EGR valve is not included in this warranty

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Not trying to beat a dead horse But.....This is from your 2019 Ranger emissions warranty book. Take the receipt for the repair and the warranty book back to the dealer service dept and ask for the service manager (BE NICE) and ask him to explain Why yours was not covered under Emissions. Ask to be reimbursed.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18-32-16 2019-Ford-Car-Truck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2018.pdf.png
service manager said it was not covered

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Used to be the case but 8yr/80k miles only applies to what is called major components - which I believe other posters have discovered doesn't cover the EGR system, the non major components get just 2yr/24k - less than the bumper to bumper Ford warranty.

PERFORMANCE WARRANTY
Most people know about the original manufacturer's warranty, also called the bumper-to-bumper warranty, that covers repairs to nearly everything on the vehicle excluding normal wear and tear. The Federal Emissions Warranty, however, gives you added benefits on top of that coverage. If the vehicle fails an emissions test during the vehicle's first 2 years/24,000 miles (8 years/80,000 miles for specified major components), the manufacturer must make repairs or modifications necessary to allow the vehicle to pass. Specified major emission control components are covered for and include only the catalytic converters, the electronic emissions control unit or computer (ECU), and the onboard emissions diagnostic (OBD) device or computer. This applies even if there are no mechanical defects with the vehicle. It is different from the Design and Defect Warranty.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I also called ford customer service
I believe you have been given correct info - see my post above, a lot of folks are unaware that the feds allowed this change some yrs back - leaving consumers to foot the bill for non major emission parts. The exception is CA 7yrs/70k . And a personal comment - EGR systems suck, always have always will, Ford and other mfg claim they have been improved, perhaps but if you put failure prone components in the new and improved system you get the same sh*tty results. The Fed removing the 8yr/80k coverage requirement allows makers to use less costly components, like the egr sensors Ford is using.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford did get the diagnosis code, but i told them I wasn’t paying $2500. It is still working..just clicking
The clicking is just letting you know it's about to fail. Mine did the same then one day it broke. There is an easy DYI fix for it if you're handy. I did this last spring and now all I do is twice a year is manually move the arm myself.

There's a video from @dmeyer302 which walks you through the steps to get to the actuator. It takes roughly 30 minutes to do this part. Then about 15 minutes twice a year to change it over.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...g-noise-from-the-dash.9659/page-2#post-223216

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
I believe you have been given correct info - see my post below, a lot of folks are unaware that the feds allowed this change some yrs back - leaving consumers to foot the bill for non major emission parts. The exception is CA 7yrs/70k
What really sucks is that they have changed to EGR valve due to a bad design, but yet Ford has not put out a recall. So, I now have a newly designed EGR valve in my truck. Service manager said I would not have this problem again. GRRRR!
Sponsored