OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Damper box is so common a failure I thought was covered by more than the 3/36K?

EGR valve I'd probably tackle myself to save $ but seems like a less common issue.

3 unrelated issues with one resolved - I imagine batteries (truck and fob) should be normal maintenance too. We don't know if OP has had any mods or undercoat (we all know the problems that brings on) but if they are truly happy and this is a low mileage 2019 in decent shape otherwise they should 'unload' it ?
No mods…..they replaced the fob once. Battery dies all the time. It is not the fob. No undercoat

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Regarding the EGR valve, if my truck had that problem, and Ford denied the claim, I would run my truck through emissions. In Arizona, it is @ $20 to have a vehicle emission tested. The testing center does not care if the car is due for emission testing or not. If the EGR valve is bad, I would assume that your Ranger would fail emissions and that is exactly what you need.
No emissions test needed in TN

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Have the dealer run the EGR part # and print out the warranty denial, while you watch. It IS covered under Emisions, ...
I already had that fixed….no choice…light on all the time and loss of power. He said it was not covered

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Have the dealer run the EGR part # and print out the warranty denial, while you watch. It IS covered under Emisions, ...
I think the cooler is covered under emissions…..not the valve. They did not replace any sensors either

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I would push back on the dealer. They sold you a truck with 12K on it. What was their warranty on that sale? Can’t be the original factory at 3/36 as they burned a third of it.

Now EGR valves in engine compartment are easily swappable by someone that has a little technical skill or a local garage if you have part in hand. Unless you’re referring to the gas tank one.

83194B53-CCFB-42B6-9DEF-DEBFAD58BBE3.jpeg

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
My wife deals with R/A, just recently went off Embrel and going to an infusion. I understand completely your limitations.
I hope she does better with infusions than I did. They tried 3 different meds by infusion on me. First one I broke out in mild hives, so scratch that one. Next one, literally covered in purple itchy hives head to toe even before the infusion completed. Third one, mild hives but worst thing was throat started closing up and trouble breathing. Of course each one they had to do counter measures, but that last one was scary.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I already had that fixed….no choice…light on all the time and loss of power. He said it was not covered
Not trying to beat a dead horse But.....This is from your 2019 Ranger emissions warranty book. Take the receipt for the repair and the warranty book back to the dealer service dept and ask for the service manager (BE NICE) and ask him to explain Why yours was not covered under Emissions. Ask to be reimbursed.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18-32-16 2019-Ford-Car-Truck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2018.pdf.png

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
36,000 miles or 3 years….I am past 3 years from when truck was built
How far past? I know a few years ago extended warrantys for F150's could still be had at 40 months...

LB
Sponsored