More problems with 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
With all the other problems this truck has had (only 1 has been fixed-the going into accessorie mode and getting stuck until the truck decides to turn itself off), now with 32,000 miles on it, the EGR Valve (>$600) and damper box (>2500) need fixed. What a piece of junk!!!! Neither of these are covered under warranty. Apparently an EGR valve is not covered under emissions.
Sponsored

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
If you are under 36k bumper to bumper the HVAC problem should be covered.
He's got a '19...36,000 or 36 months...whatever comes first. Sounds like his 36 months maybe gone.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Damper box is so common a failure I thought was covered by more than the 3/36K?

EGR valve I'd probably tackle myself to save $ but seems like a less common issue.

3 unrelated issues with one resolved - I imagine batteries (truck and fob) should be normal maintenance too. We don't know if OP has had any mods or undercoat (we all know the problems that brings on) but if they are truly happy and this is a low mileage 2019 in decent shape otherwise they should 'unload' it ?

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
With all the other problems this truck has had (only 1 has been fixed-the going into accessorie mode and getting stuck until the truck decides to turn itself off), now with 32,000 miles on it, the EGR Valve (>$600) and damper box (>2500) need fixed. What a piece of junk!!!! Neither of these are covered under warranty. Apparently an EGR valve is not covered under emissions.
Regarding the EGR valve, if my truck had that problem, and Ford denied the claim, I would run my truck through emissions. In Arizona, it is @ $20 to have a vehicle emission tested. The testing center does not care if the car is due for emission testing or not. If the EGR valve is bad, I would assume that your Ranger would fail emissions and that is exactly what you need.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda bought the extended warranty.....
Well since they are unwilling to cover the $600 egr valve that should have fallen under the Federal Emissions warranty, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with the extended warranty covering it.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Well since they are unwilling to cover the $600 egr valve that should have fallen under the Federal Emissions warranty, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with the extended warranty covering it.
I believe someone pointed out that this part is not covered under the Emission Coverage

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Just curious, did you buy the truck new?

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my 2019 a couple months ago. I’m right around 36,000 miles. This thread motivated me to contact the Ford dealer I bought it from to provide me some extended warranty options. Probably hear back next week sometime. I’m thinking a plan that covers pretty much everything for a couple years and 24,000 additional miles. Dealer gave me a lifetime on power train (including turbo) when I bought the truck. I don’t think most folks keep their trucks 10 years and 200k miles like me. ?

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Have the dealer run the EGR part # and print out the warranty denial, while you watch. It IS covered under Emisions, ...

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet