Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
We get it, you pay 50k plus for a new vehicle you want it to be perfect. And of course 99% of it is. This hardtop is unlike anything Ford has built in recent memory and there is a design/manufacturing learning curve. If folks can't understand that then yea I guess venting their frustration on a forum will make them feel better. ( I get it, I do that myself sometimes lol)

Some of ya'll just need to buy a G Wagon and be done with it..
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We get it, you pay 50k plus for a new vehicle you want it to be perfect. And of course 99% of it is. This hardtop is unlike anything Ford has built in recent memory and there is a design/manufacturing learning curve. If folks can't understand that then yea I guess venting their frustration on a forum will make them feel better. ( I get it, I do that myself sometimes lol)

Some of ya'll just need to buy a G Wagon and be done with it..
The point is the first company Webasto has been making the hardtops for Jeep for years. There's no excuse for having these delimitation issues. Seems like there's someone working there who's an insider for Jeep. lol

I wouldn't go so far to say 99%. The hardtops are a mess, broken tie rods, bad coolant hose design which is rubbing and causing coolant leaks. It's way more than just a few bad edges.

Plus Ford has only had 25 years to get this right. They couldn't have messed this launch up any worse if they tried. Oh wait? :shock:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt there are Heep faithful who want nothing more than for the Superior Bronco to go down in flames. They know its Superior and it is slowly killing them inside. Some of ya'll on here are buying into that hook line and sinker. Curious as to why you can order a Heep and possibly get it in 2 months (remains to be seen)? Because demand, for the first time in many years, has softened on those vehicles.

Does Ford always make the best decisions? of course not, they are a large Corp. led by committee. However, to be influenced by the Bronco hatters that it's a doomed product and will never live up to the inferior Heep, is very short sighted. Many of us have been BEGGING Ford to resurrect the Bronco for years and we KNEW the demand would be through the roof. How did we know? Heep sales have gone up and up for years despite the fact that it has so many egregious flaws, flaws that fanboys ignore or downplay to the very end.

So that's me...A Bronco fanboy and I'm gonna defend it because at the end of the day, it is BETTER.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
no, you dont get it...
design and longevity of the product is supposed to be tested and confirmed long before production.
testing the product is not the customers job or concern
Oh but I do there RP. Ford will make it right when its figured out. Within some peoples accelerated timeframe? no.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
should have been figured out before launching the product.
You are not wrong, but meanwhile in the real world, stuff just happens. We forgive imperfection in ourselves, our families, and the things WE build, however we often hold car companies to a higher standard for some reason.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
pretty valid reasons in this case

lets give Boeing a break on their next superjet. let them figure out the defects as we fly in the skies.
oh wait...we did with the 737 Max8. that ended well.
well ok thank you for that Reductio ad absurdum example.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I'd just like to point out that Wranglers have been setting quartly sales records for the past several quarters and the wrangler 4xe is the number 1 selling PHEV in the country so I don't think demand is falling.. they sold 70k wranglers in Q2 2021.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just like to point out that Wranglers have been setting quartly sales records for the past several quarters and the wrangler 4xe is the number 1 selling PHEV in the country so I don't think demand is falling.. they sold 70k wranglers in Q2 2021.
If you could kindly look back I said "softened," I did not say falling. Wranglers will always sell "well" (compared to other vehicles that have stiff competition) because there is nothing else like them except the Bronco. Because of this uniqueness, wranglers are pretty "phoned in" in many aspects if you really look them over objectively.

I owned a 2014 all black JKU for just over a year. It took exactly 9 days of ownership for the CEL light to come on.. Bunch of new fuel delivery parts and light stayed off, most of the time..

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I think part of the frustration is due to the looonnnggg lead time from when the Bronco was rumored (late 2015?), leaked, teased, and finally officially announced, and finally finally built (March 2021)
Jim Farley had best get production under control and hold the folks' feet to the fire. that sign off on vehicles. In this day of Internet forums and other social media, teething problems with new product launches go viral rapidly.
The F-150 lighting launch is on deck, and I sense a foreboding out here in Consumerland. The 3G Escape, Explorer, Mustang Mach-E all arrived in intensive care, and people are aware of it.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This right here tells me my decision to go with the Jeep was a good one. Here's a member who just received his new Bronco 4 days ago and the new (supposedly fixed) MIC hardtop is already having issues. It's starting to pull apart at the seams and there's some honeycombing going on just like the first ones did. Ford should win best Jeep salesman of the year! ?

MIC Hardtop 2.0.jpg

MIC 2.jpg

MIC3.jpg

Here's another members brand new hardtop. :mad:

MIC Hardtop Seam.gif

Another one from the dealers lot. Quality is job 1! :facepalm:

MIC 2.0 Falling Apart.jpg
I'm beginning to think not getting mine until somewhere around '24 is a good thing now. Damn, it looks like Ford just can't get all it's chit in one sock no matter how hard they try.

Last edited:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think part of the frustration is due to the looonnnggg lead time from when the Bronco was rumored (late 2015?), leaked, teased, and finally officially announced, and finally finally built (March 2021)
Jim Farley had best get production under control and hold the folks' feet to the fire. that sign off on vehicles. In this day of Internet forums and other social media, teething problems with new product launches go viral rapidly.
The F-150 lighting launch is on deck, and I sense a foreboding out here in Consumerland. The 3G Escape, Explorer, Mustang Mach-E all arrived in intensive care, and people are aware of it.
I think you hit the nail on the head when spoke of social media and launches. This is a product most of us are very excited about. We want it NOW and don't want to have to wait. Getting mad at the desirable product for taking too long to be perfect reminds me of that guy in high school who really liked a particular girl and asked her out. She said no and soon he was going around talking smack and spreading negative energy about her to anyone who would listen..

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a Bronco on order. Have been waiting since reservation for 16 months and did not plan on seeing my Bronco until late next Summer. NOW....with the new 2.0 tops showing signs of separation and delamination at the edges.........crap....it could be another year or more. I love Fords and have been very loyal. My Ranger Tremor gets built tomorrow (I hope).....but the Bronco launch has been a complete fiasco and Ford has made it worse by poor and untimely communications. Now.....we wait to see what they do and how they respond to this new "top problem".

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
All this is just a symptom. Product quality is a direct relation to personal ethic - do I do this cause I just want money or do it I do it for my own self-respect while earning money. Entitlement thinking kills motivation and so you get the new crop of working folk...who don't work on the job, top to bottom. "How can I get paid:crazy: by doing the bare minimum???"

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well how would I know Mr. Non-fanboy. I guess its just not as simple a solution as all these "armchair engineers" make it out to be.
Then why did Ford come out and say their ENGINEERS took over Webasto and CORRECTED the issues with the original tops? Now we're seeing the exact same issue again, seems like Ford just blew smoke up everyone's ass. It is simple look at how the Jeep tops are made and correct the problems. They're obviously cutting corners somewhere for these to be delaminating in 4 days and having honeycombing on the surface. They've had more than enough time to get this right and obviously they failed!

This issue now lies directly on Ford as THEY took over the plant and tooling for this MIC 2.0 top. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to admit Ford F'ed this one up royally and it's been nothing but a disaster. This is just as bad as the Tacoma fan boys who still can't admit the 3rd gun drivetrain is the worst they ever made and defend it by saying "you have to drive it at 5,000 rpm's to make power". :facepalm:

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Dave, This is your future. You sure you want to go there? Not that yours will look like that, maybe it will. But you’ll be hanging out with guys who have Jeep’s that look like that. Just a heads up, buddy.

92FBBC2B-347A-4D11-84A5-4654D3AE1792.jpeg
Sponsored