First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Very good unbiased comparison between the Bronco Badlands and the Jeep Wrangler. Both are 2 dr and have a manual transmission. Looks like the Bronco tires do better in colder weather than the Wrangler does. Just don't watch if you're tired and the music and the guys voice will put you to sleep.

For those who don't want to watch here's the Cliff Notes version....It's a tie. But still a good watch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yea..it not a tie. Wrangler is Milly Vanilly. Bronco is Ed Shereen, Rihanna, and The Weekend all in one.
I was waiting for you to chime in and you never disappoint. lol :LOL:?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
all the hype and its a tie?
I though Ford was coming out with the Bronco to demolish the Jeep??

what a fail.
I agree I thought the Bronco would be a lot better but it was a good fair comparison. Most videos are way to bias and I think in this one he did a good job. Both have their strong/weak points and were pointed out here. Honestly you cant go wrong buying either one. Maybe one day if/when mine ever comes in I'll own both but until then I'll (hopefully) enjoy my Jeep for the next 2-3 years.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I agree I thought the Bronco would be a lot better but it was a good fair comparison. Most videos are way to bias and I think in this one he did a good job. Both have their strong/weak points and were pointed out here. Honestly you cant go wrong buying either one. Maybe one day if/when mine ever comes in I'll own both but until then I'll (hopefully) enjoy my Jeep for the next 2-3 years.
TFL did a similar one but the models weren't so closely optioned. They also had a Defender join, which ended poorly.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
TFL did a similar one but the models weren't so closely optioned. They also had a Defender join, which ended poorly.
I watched part of that one but you're right it wasn't a completely fair comparison. The manual Bronco will have trip turn assist soon but even then most will never be in a situation where they'll need it. I got to try it out back in October during the off road test drive and it was cool but you really have to get use to it or you'll overshoot your turn. Not good if you're up in CO where there's a lot of off camber turns with nothing but a huge drop off if you overshoot it.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I was waiting for you to chime in and you never disappoint. lol :LOL:?
I watched part of that one but you're right it wasn't a completely fair comparison. The manual Bronco will have trip turn assist soon but even then most will never be in a situation where they'll need it. I got to try it out back in October during the off road test drive and it was cool but you really have to get use to it or you'll overshoot your turn. Not good if you're up in CO where there's a lot of off camber turns with nothing but a huge drop off if you overshoot it.
Seems like it's more useful on the 4dr for sure. Makes a lot of sense on the F150 Tremor for sure.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You have a Blue Oval tattoo, don't you?
I have no cool-ass tats at all, but if I did it would be Tazz holding a huge Blue Oval over his head with a rainbow background and lightening bolts coming out of his nipples.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You have a Blue Oval tattoo, don't you?
For reals though, I actually don't bleed blue as much as it may seem, my other truck is an old GM that I love. I do have an unnecessary emotional connection to the Broncos though. No offense here Dave, but I hate to see someone so excited about a great vehicle, discover they can't get it in a reasonable timeframe, and flip a switch in their mind and start pretending a lesser competitor (that can be acquired) is now suddenly better.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have no cool-ass tats at all, but if I did it would be Tazz holding a huge Blue Oval over his head with a rainbow background and lightening bolts coming out of his nipples.
thats-hot-hot.gif

For reals though, I actually don't bleed blue as much as it may seem, my other truck is an old GM that I love. I do have an unnecessary emotional connection to the Broncos though. No offense here Dave, but I hate to see someone so excited about a great vehicle, discover they can't get it in a reasonable timeframe, and flip a switch in their mind and start pretending a lesser competitor (that can be acquired) is now suddenly better.
I had a day 4 Bronco reservation that I cancelled in Dec when I bought my Ranger. It is indeed a great machine that Ford has royally screwed the pooch on. Doesn't matter how great something is if you can't get it.

That being said, I'm also a Jeep owner. And there's not a place in the US that a new Bronco will go that my virtually bone stock 25+ year old YJ won't go given comparable tires.

The difference between the two, new to new, is so negligible that is comes down to the driver and preference.

Solid axles VS IFS
Powertrain
Dodge VS Chevy

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This handsome fellow (21 Wildtrack Sasquatch complete with still-needs-to-be-replaced-top) was put through a local classic car auction on Sat. Auction is owned by a guy who also owned 2 Ford dealerships, his Bronco as well. It got up to $74,000 and no-selled. They said 79k buys it.

06B637D0-DB26-40E4-98A2-156DEAE053A4.jpeg

DFCA78E1-F771-44C8-9046-3801CCA6ED53.jpeg

472DC123-C9C6-4970-91E9-F4DE50AADAA7.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This handsome fellow (21 Wildtrack Sasquatch complete with still-needs-to-be-replaced-top) was put through a local classic car auction on Sat. Auction is owned by a guy who also owned 2 Ford dealerships, his Bronco as well. It got up to $74,000 and no-selled. They said 79k buys it.

06B637D0-DB26-40E4-98A2-156DEAE053A4.jpeg

DFCA78E1-F771-44C8-9046-3801CCA6ED53.jpeg

472DC123-C9C6-4970-91E9-F4DE50AADAA7.jpeg
:LOL::LOL: $79K! I swear some people "think" these are some kind of collectors item. lol They'll be really mad if/when it blows up after spending that much. There was another 2.7 that blew up the other day, only had 2,700 miles on it. That makes 12 in the past couple months.:shock:

Last edited:

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
all the hype and its a tie?
I though Ford was coming out with the Bronco to demolish the Jeep??

what a fail.
You thought correctly, but in the wrong context. Demolish in sales, not off-road performance. Thus, the hype.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
:LOL::LOL: $79K! I swear some people "think" these are some kind of collectors item. lol They'll be really mad if/when it blows up after spending that much. There was another 2.7 that blew up the other day, only had 2,700 miles on it. That makes 12 in the past couple months.:shock:
Lets add another blown 2.7 to this list. I don't know what's going on over a Ford but 13 blown 2.7's in the past couple months is not a good sign. For the record only one 2.3 has blown.

I don't blame him one bit for wanting to sell it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/thinking-of-selling.28507/

Our 4door 2.7L badlands dropped a valve and blew the engine, leaving us stranded when on a road trip. Ford is replacing the engine. However, the experience was so bad and now we have doubts about taking it on future road trips or taking it anywhere out of cell service. Ford denied our request that they buy it back, so we are thinking of selling it.
Sponsored