2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Yeah these clowns are crazy. I mean, maybe they're doing it to generate traffic and if by chance they find an idiot willing to pay that much....... I am waiting on my Bronco, but if my dealer pulls some price markup garbage I'll walk. I don't need anything that bad. I did a search last week and there are several used ones out there, that presumably people bought and flipped. In a 300 mile radius I found several. Everyone was either "newly listed" or "price reduced". They are not gonna make these dealerships rich. A few early build First Editions insanely went for well over $100-$115K on ebay. They will never see a profit on that. Must have just been rich people who had to have them. smh.....

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
" With every Purchase you will receive 50% off all Oil Changes for as long as you own the Vehicle! Please call today to schedule your test drive 989-816-4463. "

SOLD!
half price oil changes is a great deal.

Haha. A bit off topic but that was one thing I liked when I bought a used VW back in 2014. They gave me free oil changes for life. No gimmicky reward point thing attached to a phone app. Just bring it in when it's due and get a free oil change. They didn't even tell me about that as a selling point. They told me when they handed me the keys. I took advantage of that deal for 6 years.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
With every purchase they should include a tub of this! You'd have to be a fool to pay this much for something that still has a defective hard top and multiple other problems like the 2.7's blowing up. o_O

KY.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
With every purchase they should include a tub of this! You'd have to be a fool to pay this much for something that still has a defective hard top and multiple other problems like the 2.7's blowing up. o_O

KY.jpg
that should be given just before singing the paper work, that way the buyer is properly prepared...

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
that should be given just before singing the paper work, that way the buyer is properly prepared...
Be careful, they might mix some sand in there. You know, for extra grit ??☹

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Greedy...

It's happening a lot more now. More and more dealers are adding $10K-$20K markups on these even after having agreements (not signed) with the customer for msrp.

One dealer added a $10K markup after having a signed agreement for msrp so the customer went on B6G and many there went and wrote a bad review on the dealer. Well that worked because now the dealer is selling as agreed for msrp if everyone takes the bad reviews down. It shouldn't come to this but there's a lot of slimy dealers out there and these times we're in brings out even more.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-10k-over-msrp-lindsay-ford-wheaton-md.29954/

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
WooHoo! It's now on sale!!!

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.17.29 AM.png

With new vehicle pickings scarce the low life dealers come to the forefront.

As long as people will pay these exorbitant markups the dealers will keep doing it.

Reminds me of a famous quote by P.T. Barnum.

Though to be fair, like was mentioned above it may be to simply always have one to show and a Bronco will drive showroom traffic like no other current Ford product.

Sellers on Amazon will do something similar when they get low on stock for some items. They will price them through the stratosphere so that they always have stock available and then return the price to normal once they're restocked.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Come trade in-time, how much over NADA or Kellly BB value will they allow you? How about your insurance company if it's totalled?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
WooHoo! It's now on sale!!!

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.17.29 AM.png

With new vehicle pickings scarce the low life dealers come to the forefront.

As long as people will pay these exorbitant markups the dealers will keep doing it.

Reminds me of a famous quote by P.T. Barnum.

Though to be fair, like was mentioned above it may be to simply always have one to show and a Bronco will drive showroom traffic like no other current Ford product.

Sellers on Amazon will do something similar when they get low on stock for some items. They will price them through the stratosphere so that they always have stock available and then return the price to normal once they're restocked.
What do you want to bet when questioned about that they tell you it’s a Raptor sleeper!:handsinair:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Elmosaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger (SCrew Lariat Tremor)
Dealers are literally destroying the legacy of the Bronco relaunch with this ADM crap.

It's why I've lost most of my enthusiasm for my 2dr Big Bend reservation, and have come over to this side with a new Ranger Tremor on order.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Must have just been rich people who had to have them. smh.....
Back when I was selling, The much anticipated 1988 Lincoln Continental was brought out. All new and completely different from the dated disco-era '87. The car created quite a buzz at the time and we were selling them almost literally right off the carrier. We were getting MSRP plus $699 for a deck lid rack, $199 metallic pin stripe. By the end of 1990, we were selling them at $100 over invoice, and there were generous factory-to dealer incentives.

Would yo let your toddler play with these in the sandbox? From the P.T. Barnum file:
beanieBaby Wallace.png
Sponsored