FORD BRONCO vs JEEP WRANGLER - Can It Rock Crawl?!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Answer….When it’s not broken. Lol

3 broken steering racks and a dozen broke tie rods. ? I think we all knew that IFS wasn't going to be good for severe rock crawling.

Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Well this here Jeep has a multi-thousand dollar Dynatrac ProRoc 44 axle up front if anybody cares. Far from stock. I guess that don't figure into any Bronco bashing though lol.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well this here Jeep has a multi-thousand dollar Dynatrac ProRoc 44 axle up front if anybody cares. Far from stock. I guess that don't figure into any Bronco bashing though lol.
They also said at the 16:00 mark (in case you didn't watch the whole video) they've done this same trail MANY times when their Jeep was stock with ZERO problems. I guess that should be figured into the Bronco bashing. ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
After about 60 seconds I found them just too painful and annoying to watch/listen to.
But I did try.
A little.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After about 60 seconds I found them just too painful and annoying to watch/listen to.
But I did try.
A little.
They do have some pretty good videos and she can get a little annoying at times but overall I don't mind them. They do have a HUGE following and make a pretty good living doing these videos and selling their merchandise. Every spring break destination they go to everyone knows them so kudos to them for finding a way to make a ton of money doing what they like.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
The Jeep is designed for rock crawling. Bronco designed for high speed running.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Jeep is designed for rock crawling. Bronco designed for high speed running.

If that were true Ford would've never added a Sasquatch package with 35's. You don't need 35's for high speed desert runs. :)

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit, an HD Steering rack is needed (as stated its coming from Ford). Everyone forgets back in 07 when the JK came out there was major problem with its steering boxes, cant remember what exactly but it was rock-crawling related. PSE stepped in and offered a fix in the form of a new steering box that cost over a grand and all was good. Something similar will happen here. But hay, its ok for ya'll to be relieved you canceled your reservations anyway lol.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll admit, an HD Steering rack is needed (as stated its coming from Ford). Everyone forgets back in 07 when the JK came out there was major problem with its steering boxes, cant remember what exactly but it was rock-crawling related. PSE stepped in and offered a fix in the form of a new steering box that cost over a grand and all was good. Something similar will happen here. But hay, its ok for ya'll to be relieved you canceled your reservations anyway lol.
But that HD rack is only going on the Bronco Raptor. So if you want one you'll have to shell out more money where the Jeep is capable of doing this stock. :wink:

BTW I still have my Bronco order, I'm a glutton for punishment!:explode:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But that HD rack is only going on the Bronco Raptor. So if you want one you'll have to shell out more money where the Jeep is capable of doing this stock. :wink:

BTW I still have my Bronco order, I'm a glutton for punishment!:explode:
Dave I don't care what they said in this or any other video, a stock Jeep D30 0r D44 frontend can, will, and does routinely break with large tires and rock crawling.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave I don't care what they said in this or any other video, a stock Jeep D30 0r D44 frontend can, will, and does routinely break with large tires and rock crawling.
I'm not doubting they don't. It's just that the guy in the Bronco seems to be pretty experienced and has had his share of problems even with HD tie rods.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Having just purchased a Ranger Lariet FX4 and have never done any off road driving I have been watching these vid's and I have to say, there is some crazy driving going on in this vid, oh my goodness I would literally crap my drawers being in a vehicle attempting what that Wrangler did in any of those chanllenges!!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I still see the Bronco as the minivan/soccer mom wannabe Jeep. A more rugged looking Cherokee of sorts.

Last edited:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not doubting they don't. It's just that the guy in the Bronco seems to be pretty experienced and has had his share of problems even with HD tie rods.
That is true and that 80 amp steering motor might actually be overkill for the platform. Simple example: My restored 87 GMC on 33s and a completely rebuilt, but stock, Saginaw GM power steering system is noticeably easier to turn while the vehicle is moving than when sitting still idling. Turning while idling is noticeably laborious on the system. My Ranger on the other hand on 33s feels Exactly the same no matter if moving or sitting still idling when turning the wheel. It's a powerful and torquey lil electric motor! In the olden days, when you would bind up the steering while off-roading you simply could not turn the steering wheel and had to back up or whatever and get yourself out of trouble. The power steering systems back then did not have enough power to break anything in Most cases.

A rack that can withstand this powerful electric motor is needed. An HD rack is coming for both the Bronco And the Raptor.
Sponsored