OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
It's a small town dealer and I actually believe they're doing it mainly to keep one on the lot, as they've had as few as a single new car on the lot in recent memory. That said, it's still bonkers, lol.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It's a small town dealer and I actually believe they're doing it mainly to keep one on the lot, as they've had as few as a single new car on the lot in recent memory. That said, it's still bonkers, lol.
How about: a sign in the window?
711Ika3wrGL._SL1500_.jpg

Rather than appear greedy, the Dealer could put this in the window of their Bronco(s)until the hysteria dies down or they have enough inbound stock that they can make a reasonable profit (≤MSRP) as they come in. The MIC tops are supposed to be fixed (again) and rolling stock is increasing, so the panic pricing should start to come down-these ain't Porsche Taycans.

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
When I bought my Ranger Tremor last month, the dealer was adding $5k ADM. They called it "market adjustment", with a straight face. I told them if they insist on that, I will go buy some other vehicle NOT from them. They promptly took it off without further argument.

This also happens to new motorcycle purchases, especially Adventure Bikes. I bought one back in June and they were adding on $2k ADM. Same thing. I told them to remove that crap or I will not buy. They did.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Haha. A bit off topic but that was one thing I liked when I bought a used VW back in 2014. They gave me free oil changes for life. No gimmicky reward point thing attached to a phone app. Just bring it in when it's due and get a free oil change. They didn't even tell me about that as a selling point. They told me when they handed me the keys. I took advantage of that deal for 6 years.
Speaking of oil changes I still have my 1999 Toyota Tacoma 2WD super cab. 150,000 miles. I too got life time lube and oil. They cringe every 8 months when I come in for my free oil change and lube. LOL I mainly drive my Ranger now but it's great to have the little truck that all I have to spend on it is gas and air filters. :like:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It's happening a lot more now. More and more dealers are adding $10K-$20K markups on these even after having agreements (not signed) with the customer for msrp.

One dealer added a $10K markup after having a signed agreement for msrp so the customer went on B6G and many there went and wrote a bad review on the dealer. Well that worked because now the dealer is selling as agreed for msrp if everyone takes the bad reviews down. It shouldn't come to this but there's a lot of slimy dealers out there and these times we're in brings out even more.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-10k-over-msrp-lindsay-ford-wheaton-md.29954/
Guess if a guy trades his ranger on any new marked up vehicle, he should mark his trade in up the same amount or they don't get the business ?
Sponsored