First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Finally had time today to go to my local Jeep dealer and test drive a new Jeep. They actually had two Rubicons in stock, one was a 4dr the other a 2dr both had the 3.6L, 8 speed trans. on 33's. I got to take it out on the highway and got it up to 75 mph without the notorious death wobble I've heard about. It did drive very smooth, steering was tight and responsive and comparable to the Bronco I drove. Seat position was very good and comfortable and it had a good view over the hood where you could see the whole front end.

The rear cargo in the 2dr is really small and looks smaller than the Bronco 2dr. It got me thinking it might be better getting the 4dr in the event I one day get rid of my Ranger it would be a nightmare for someone to get in the rear seats of that 2dr and having the extra room for trips would be nice too. The 4dr was obviously a little smoother too with the longer wheel base.

Is anyone familiar with both the engine options which are the 2.0L 4cyl turbo or the 3.6L V6 e Torque? Thoughts? I'm leaning more towards the 3.6L V6 which I though drove good and it's been around a lot longer and in many of their models. Anything else I should be looking at or adding?

All in all I wouldn't be disappointed driving this and it was surprisingly way better than I anticipated. Another plus is that I could get it somewhere around 60-90 days as Jeep PRIORITIZES customer orders BEFORE dealer stock. Hear that Ford! Now I'm just waiting for a couple dealers to get back to me with their below invoice pricing.

Here's the two choices so far in 4dr
Sponsored

Attachments

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
If you jump, that is on Ford, you guys have been patient enough with that.

Side note: I would place a wager that you may regret it once the Broncos start becoming more available. If of course, the price gouging gets under control. I dont blame you one bit my friend.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My Jeep experience is all older models.

But my sister-in-law drives 2.0T 4dr Willys and that powertrain seems stout.

BTW, four door Jeeps are an abomination, just like four door Broncos.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you jump, that is on Ford, you guys have been patient enough with that.

Side note: I would place a wager that you may regret it once the Broncos start becoming more available. If of course, the price gouging gets under control. I dont blame you one bit my friend.
Thanks Alex and I guess time will tell if I do it and regret it. ?‍♂ It's not like I need another vehicle I just want one for a better off roader and something I can take the top off here 7-8 months out of the year. I'm not 100% sold yet but getting there every day and being able to test drive two Jeeps really helped. I actually liked them and my gf did too and she's been along for both Bronco test drives.

The way I look at it too is if I get a Jeep and don't really like it I can trade it in 4 years from now when my Bronco order comes in. lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My Jeep experience is all older models.

But my sister-in-law drives 2.0T 4dr Willys and that powertrain seems stout.

BTW, four door Jeeps are an abomination, just like four door Broncos.
If I get one I want something comparable to my Badlands build which is a fully loaded Rubicon. If I can get 5% under invoice I might just do it. Now I just have to decide whether to get the 2dr or 4dr.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
BTW if you jump ship, off the forums, well that is a different story. We will have to take you out back for a conversation. :punch:
Captain stays with the ship until his duties are passed over to the proper person.
( No RP, not you dang it !!!!!!!!! ) :giggle:

giphy.gif

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
BTW if you jump ship, off the forums, well that is a different story. We will have to take you out back for a conversation. :punch:
Captain stays with the ship until his duties are passed over to the proper person.
( No RP, not you dang it !!!!!!!!! ) :giggle:

giphy.gif
Lol....No worries there my friend I'm still keeping my Ranger, I love this truck! ? Besides I don't have time to jump ship over to the JL forum, this ones a full time job.?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The way I look at it too is if I get a Jeep and don't really like it I can trade it in 4 years from now when my Bronco order comes in. lol
TBH, if you could do that it would be the best of both worlds. You get to really test a jeep and then own the Bronco. If I could swing something like that financially I would do it myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
TBH, if you could do that it would be the best of both worlds. You get to really test a jeep and then own the Bronco. If Ii could swing something like that financially I would do it myself.
I can't swing both but getting a Jeep at 4-5% under invoice is a big plus in this market. They seem to hold their value well just like the Tacomas do so in a few years the depreciation won't be as bad. Still a lot to think about but I was impressed more than I thought I'd be. Another local dealer is getting a shipment in a couple weeks so I might wait and test drive those too. Just to make sure I'm not rushing into this in spite of fords mess.

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
The 3.6 Pentastar is a fantastic engine. Jeeps hold their value.

I'd get the Jeep, drive it for a few years, by then the Bronco will be more available and cheaper and bugs worked out, hopefully.

Then get your Bronco, sell the Jeep for little loss.

That's what I'd do.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The 3.6 Pentastar is a fantastic engine. Jeeps hold their value.

I'd get the Jeep, drive it for a few years, by then the Bronco will be more available and cheaper and bugs worked out, hopefully.

Then get your Bronco, sell the Jeep for little loss.

That's what I'd do.
It does seem like a better plan for now and you're right, the Bronco should have any bugs worked out by then. Who knows I might like the Jeep enough to keep it or buy another EV model.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If I get one I want something comparable to my Badlands build which is a fully loaded Rubicon. If I can get 5% under invoice I might just do it. Now I just have to decide whether to get the 2dr or 4dr.
Absolutely. I usually try to buy the top trim of any model I buy. The few times I didn't I was regretting it soon after.

2 Dr for sure. The 4drs just look off. A trailer can fit any gear. And any passengers can go over the side into the back since real Jeeps are always topless.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Jeeps and Rangers go together. JL’s are beautiful- I like the look of the 2-dr but the practicality of the 4-dr.
Sponsored