FORD BRONCO vs JEEP WRANGLER - Can It Rock Crawl?!

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
There will be SOME Broncos that hold their own against Jeeps but it’s gonna take more money on the Bronco’s end being that the IFS can be a big disadvantage depending on terrain. I foresee shops putting solid front axles in serious Bronco’s.

But let’s be honest. Most Broncos and Jeeps are pavement princesses like most rangers and never see mud or mods . ??‍♂?

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9.5” Redwing
They are two different vehicles, with two different engineering for thought, to accomplish two different goals.
The positive and negative pendulum will swing both ways, in these comparroes.
Me personally, I’ll take Ford bronco, just like I’ll take a Ford Mustang over the dodge demon. It’s all about what you want.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
She/they are allot to take in, but they have some bad ass jeeps, and do allot of wheeling videos. They love the Broncos too, not sure where the bashing idea came from in this thread. I didn't see any bashing in the video, and considering the other guy called them out, only some very light chirping. Like Trevor, I think until it goes SFA it's not taking the title from Jeep on rocks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
id take a bronco. it will do all i care to do. i do not have enough throw away income to take a brand new pricey rig and beat up over rocks... i like some jeeps. i like some jeep peeps. some jeeps and jeep peeps make me want anything but a jeep. i also like reliability and to be brutal honest FCA is not hitting grand slams in that area. not that ford really is either but, ford is typically a tad higher on the reliability ratings than jeep . I had a yj. it was fun, capable and sold when it was ragged.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
From the little I was able to watch seems like the expected outcome.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Other than blowing up the steering he got a nice gaff in the passenger door doing that first run
And notice he (the Bronco) went around the second obstacle where the Jeep showed it muscle and flexed on that big rock. :muscle:?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Part 2 is already out. Adam should be a little happier with the results of this one. ?

Spoiler under the video for those who don't want to suffer through 29:00.

FORD BRONCO vs JEEP WRANGLER - Will The Bronco Fail Again?!

The Bronco makes it through all the obstacles! :like:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Ok, Im going to jump over and throw in a few for the Bronco. Jeep has been doing this setup and targeted customers for a while now. They have years of R&D from customers feedback.
Ford jumped into a fight against a well experienced opponent. We all know, new gens of vehicles come with growing pains. "COUGH" we will not pay attention to Fords nightmare of a launch.

Give the Bronco a few years, or decades if your er considering actual availability. It will hang or beat the best of them. Im pretty sure Ford wont back down from this fight, but its going to take some losses before they gain ground.

EDIT: I guess Ill watch the video now ?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
"Wow, so how did the Broncos steering system even survive turning off the pavement and doing all this"

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These guys make good videos. Personally I would've aired the Bronco down to 16 psi but it did a pretty good job at 25 psi. It's always nice when you have some good experienced spotters along, it makes it a lot less stressful.
Sponsored