FORD BRONCO vs JEEP WRANGLER - Can It Rock Crawl?!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
"Wow, so how did the Broncos steering system even survive turning off the pavement and doing all this"

I bet they had an aftermarket one in there and didn't tell us. A stock one would've broke on that first little rock. ?
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
These guys make good videos. Personally I would've aired the Bronco down to 16 psi but it did a pretty good job at 25 psi. It's always nice when you have some good experienced spotters along, it makes it a lot less stressful.
Indeed, knowledgeable spotters are invaluable. PSI is a tough balance on lower clearance vehicles, tough finding the right balance.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I still see the Bronco as the minivan/soccer mom wannabe Jeep. A more rugged looking Cherokee of sorts.
I really don't think so. For 90-95% of what people do Ford really did there Homework. The Rubicon's are really fantastic, but to be fair if I was doing anything remotely close to what is shown in the video(Me personally would never) I would have a dedicated rock crawler built from an older vehicle

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I really don't think so. For 90-95% of what people do Ford really did there Homework. The Rubicon's are really fantastic, but to be fair if I was doing anything remotely close to what is shown in the video(Me personally would never) I would have a dedicated rock crawler built from an older vehicle
I'm missing your point. 90-95% are going to use these as rock crawlers?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I was at the dealer yesterday, and they had two Broncos on the lot. Both were 4-doors with soft tops. I honestly think they are ugly, and the tops didn’t fit well. I’d like to see a 2-door hard top in person. The proportions look more similar to the original Bronco, at least in photos.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was at the dealer yesterday, and they had two Broncos on the lot. Both were 4-doors with soft tops. I honestly think they are ugly, and the tops didn’t fit well. I’d like to see a 2-door hard top in person. The proportions look more similar to the original Bronco, at least in photos.

IMHO The 2dr hard top Broncos look so much better. The 4dr look to big and I never was a fan of the soft top even on a Jeep. I was able to drive this one at an event here and it was pretty sweet!

IMG_4605.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
IMHO The 2dr hard top Broncos look so much better. The 4dr look to big and I never was a fan of the soft top even on a Jeep. I was able to drive this one at an event here and it was pretty sweet!

IMG_4605.jpg
Agreed for both Broncos and Jeeps.

The four doors are hideous. 2 door is where it's at.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I prefer the 2dr hard top as well, even more if it's pre-1991 ;)

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I still see the Bronco as the minivan/soccer mom wannabe Jeep. A more rugged looking Cherokee of sorts.
What's funny is in my area, soccer moms are the only ones who drive Jeeps.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What's funny is in my area, soccer moms are the only ones who drive Jeeps.
We have our share out here too, there's a lot here too that drive the Jeep Sport. Now that I have one coming in it's crazy how many I notice now. They're everywhere. lol

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
We have our share out here too, there's a lot here too that drive the Jeep Sport. Now that I have one coming in it's crazy how many I notice now. They're everywhere. lol
We don't have much rock crawling here in corn and cow country. Around here Jeeps are generally considered a toy without much real use outside of being able to see the ladies driving them with the tops off in the summer.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We don't have much rock crawling here in corn and cow country. Around here Jeeps are generally considered a toy without much real use outside of being able to see the ladies driving them with the tops off in the summer.
We never had many places to wheel back east either. I've always had a F150 but mostly because of the winters, snowmobiling and the muddy job sites I was on. Out here you have endless desert riding and just 90 minutes away is Sedona where there's tons of decent trails. That area is littered with Jeeps though, you can throw a rock and hit a dozen different ones. lol
Sponsored