First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yup, I’ve been reading the mustang EcoBoost forum for quite a while, Torrie did the(Unleashed Tuning) R&D BDX tune for the 2019 Ranger using my truck . He kept it for a week and used a Dyno in Jacksonville. He put the tune on the S position and left the D position normal. So in drive he did some transmission tuning (no gear skipping) but left drive mode mostly stock. The power is in select/sport mode. I love the tune..no mods .
Regards

Hey Doc,Are you able to use their tunes with a Mac? Also is email the only way to contact them? I need to find out if this will work with my Mac as it's an older Macbook Pro and I can only update to 10.11.6 El Capitan. Yours sounds like a perfect tune cleaning up the D position and having the tune on S.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hey Doc,Are you able to use their tunes with a Mac? Also is email the only way to contact them? I need to find out if this will work with my Mac as it's an older Macbook Pro and I can only update to 10.11.6 El Capitan. Yours sounds like a perfect tune cleaning up the D position and having the tune on S.
Sorry, I’m semi computer illiterate.
Yes email is the only way I know.
Regards

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just dd..Thanks!
If you google unleashed Dyno tune results, go to the ranger section, you can see before and after results..that’s my truck in the picture.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you google unleashed Dyno tune results, go to the ranger section, you can see before and after results..that’s my truck in the picture.

Impressive results! Would you change anything now that you've run it for a while now?

I'm always leery when you cannot talk with someone but Torrie emailed me back almost instantly! Great service.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Impressive results! Would you change anything now that you've run it for a while now?

I'm always leery when you cannot talk with someone but Torrie emailed me back almost instantly! Great service.
The only mod I have is muffler delete , I won’t change a thing..drag races tomorrow. I will post the time slips..
Regards

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The only mod I have is muffler delete , I won’t change a thing..drag races tomorrow. I will post the time slips..
Regards[/QUOTEAwesome!! Can't wait to see how she does. I plan to hit the track in a few weeks with mine to see how she does. Doesn't seem like many have really pushed the envelope with these trucks yet....

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks,
I’ve ran it before. Traction control off, rear end locked, sport mode, brake boost 2500 rpms, Burnout..still no traction. Spinning through 3rd gear.
Tomorrow, I’ll try 25 lbs air with slight brake boost.
Regards

BTW, in the 60’s and 70’s, I raced drag bikes at moroso in West Palm.

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks,
I’ve ran it before. Traction control off, rear end locked, sport mode, brake boost 2500 rpms, Burnout..still no traction. Spinning through 3rd gear.
Tomorrow, I’ll try 25 lbs air with slight brake boost.
Regards

BTW, in the 60’s and 70’s, I raced drag bikes at moroso in West Palm.
I've been told by a few people, some who are drag racers, that lowering the tire pressure on a street tire does very little, since they are designed to provide the best traction when at their normal PSI. Sounds like it's time for some street legal slicks or real M/T's :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see the time slips Doc !!!!

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've been told by a few people, some who are drag racers, that lowering the tire pressure on a street tire does very little, since they are designed to provide the best traction when at their normal PSI. Sounds like it's time for some street legal slicks or real M/T's :thumbsup:
Yes, I have heard that too. The mustang guys do it..so I’ll give it a try. If not, cheater slicks are in order or I’ll have to to a taller tire.
Regards

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
For the road course racing and spirited driving (sports cars), it's recommended to pump up to max tire pressure to stiffen sidewall...I have -13 camber front on my track MINI and tire set at 40...wears very even:like:

Reactions: Doc

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Anyone know of any 5 star discount codes, perhaps a sponsor? Leaning towards getting this but still on fence a discount would sweeten the deal.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone know of any 5 star discount codes, perhaps a sponsor? Leaning towards getting this but still on fence a discount would sweeten the deal.

I was leaning that way too but I think I'm going with Unleashed Tuning. I like Doc's results and having the D position cleaned up and have the S position tuned is perfect!

I emailed Torrie and he responded within 3 minutes. My main question was how they sent their tunes to you (some are not Mac compatible) and here is his response. "We use the BDX so you will receive the tune files over your WIFI. I can send them to it through the cloud." :thumbsup:

https://unleashedtuning.com/bdx-unleashed-rev-x-custom-tuner/

Free shipping code up to $15..... OX10KR04YV

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
For those considering Livernois: I received my Calibrator on Wednesday, emailed Anthony on Thursday afternoon with my vehicle information, received my tunes Thursday evening about 6:30 and installed the tunes a few minutes later. You will need a PC, but I found a refurb on Amazon for $84 that works great. I am a MAC person, but needed a computer in my Garage shop so went with this cheap PC. ECM is still learning the low throttle shifts but I already like the shift strategy. It rarely skips second gear but does if you are super light on the throttle. It has way more passing power and it got 26.7 mpg on a 180 mile round trip to Dallas and back. Best mileage we have logged so far.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Went to the track.....long line, 98 degrees temp at 5 pm..turned around ..went home...gonna wait til October.
Regards
Sponsored