Led Headlight bulbs

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Mother of god. I’m loving these Auxitos. Fog lamps SUCKED but got them done with only a slight usage of colorful four letter words.

I can see the trees clearly behind the wheel past the end of the driveway 125’ or so out. Low and high beam can see them hard to bring it out in the photos.

Low beam
5D32EAE3-E7EB-4ACB-A7FD-16CF63106D5A.jpeg

High beams
A41B08EB-A0F5-4AB4-94BE-6FDC9F30E380.jpeg

I gotta do some slight adjustments but I’m sold. Ordered these for my beater 02 frontier as well.
Sponsored

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean you had to clock them? I just installed the same in mine. I don't want to blind people.
Well if you installed same bulbs as mine, mine came abit off.. if you park it close to wall, preferably over 10 feet away and you turn on your headlights, you can see a "line" that the headlights will make. it keeps the lights focused on the road. I dont know exactly to describe it. maybe other can chime in to describe. but the lights do have a small screw in the LED portion and inside the box it does come with a small Allen wrench, you loosen the screw and it allows you to turn the LED either direction so the LED is perfectly straight up and down once you install it inside your headlight housing. then tighten back up. Hopefully that made sense.

Nehvir

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Coming in a little late but I ordered some Auxitos for the lows, highs, and fogs.
Lows/fogs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Highs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of the lights look great and are super bright. Fitment was tough with the lows and fogs. But slipping the stock gasket on made things a bit easier. Took everything on a short road trip this past weekend and had zero issues.

MiniRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
Hello everyone. I decided to be adventurous and buy some low budget led bulbs from ebay.

Question: how important is the round light bulb cover. The led bulbs worked but the fan sticks out and doesn't let the plastic grey cover fit.

20200624_212317.jpg

20200624_212403.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. I decided to be adventurous and buy some low budget led bulbs from ebay.

Question: how important is the round light bulb cover. The led bulbs worked but the fan sticks out and doesn't let the plastic grey cover fit.

20200624_212317.jpg

20200624_212403.jpg
That cover is what we call the "dust cover" and it helps to keep dust/debris/water out of the headlight enclosure and away from your bulbs. Since the bulbs have gaskets going into the actual housing itself, are you going to be alright without it? Most likely, if you don't do anything terribly taxing, off-roading, driving on dirt roads, lots of water or snow/ice and salty locations.

Personally I won't run without it, having had multiple different vehicles, none with a dust cover like this, I suspect there was a reason that Ford put this design in this way, as not including this kind of enclosure would've been a cost saving, surely.

Ultimately, YMMV, and many may have different opinions. I wouldn't run without it, but you're probably ok if you keep it off.

MiniRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
That cover is what we call the "dust cover" and it helps to keep dust/debris/water out of the headlight enclosure and away from your bulbs. Since the bulbs have gaskets going into the actual housing itself, are you going to be alright without it? Most likely, if you don't do anything terribly taxing, off-roading, driving on dirt roads, lots of water or snow/ice and salty locations.

Personally I won't run without it, having had multiple different vehicles, none with a dust cover like this, I suspect there was a reason that Ford put this design in this way, as not including this kind of enclosure would've been a cost saving, surely.

Ultimately, YMMV, and many may have different opinions. I wouldn't run without it, but you're probably ok if you keep it off.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will look for some that fit. I'll use these for a while. I paid $9 total for the pair so I can't complain lol. I have a 2wd with 99% on road driving, but I agree with you. The cover is there for a reason.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thanks for the reply. I think I will look for some that fit. I'll use these for a while. I paid $9 total for the pair so I can't complain lol. I have a 2wd with 99% on road driving, but I agree with you. The cover is there for a reason.
I agree with the previous comments on the dust cover. Also looking at the pictures of your bulb, the LED chips look huge in comparison to the halogen filament. This will cause issues with focus which will give you a bad cutoff on low beam and get you flashed a lot.

The first posting in this thread has a good listing of bulbs that have been tested and shown to fit with the covers. I know 29 pages is a lot of reading but there is a lot of experience in this thread to draw on in making your decision on a LED bulb.

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I am using auxito 12k lumen h11s in the low and fogs. Done deal there for me; great cutoff and I've never been flashed.

Tried the 16k auxito in the highs and liked it a lot. It's very focused, but as a result there are two hot spots. On the downside, it's also intense enough to confuse my auto high beams when I encounter a big sign and the Ranger turns off its high beams, thinking it's oncoming traffic.

Also tried the car rover 20k in the highs. These do appear to put out more overall light than the auxito 16k, but it's more floody. There's still plenty of reach, but not as far as the auxito 16k. No hot spots. Doesn't confuse the Ranger. I'm keeping these and returning the 16k. Will prob add a 20" light bar to get some reach back when no one is around.
What did you mean by “2 hot spots”
Thanks.

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Th
Areas where the light was very concentrated, like a laser. I found them pretty distracting.
Thank you. Wasn’t sure if it was spotting the lens or something.

laza

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Service Engineer
9005 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized CanBus Ready 80W 16,000LM/Pair Extremely Bright, AUXITO 9005(HB3) Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCSJQYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FR.MDbFX3WS87

Those are the high beams

H11 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized 80W 16,000LM Per Pair High Bright, AUXITO H11/H8/H9 Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit with Cooling Fan, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WD6G42D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MciNDbPVJ9G63

And these are the low beams
i'm looking to install after market headlights with DRL and using 2 x H11 LED bulbs 6000 K pure white colour temperature as hi/lo beam. I have been told the LED globe might cause a problem with the BCM have you had any problems or know of any

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
LED's haven't caused a problem with any of our BCM's that I know of.

Schnellfeuer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL SuperCrew 4x4
I just got the Auxitos 6,500k 1:1 H11 / 9500 for low and high beams. Just finished putting them in and they are great. Cutoff is great and produces a nice light. Glad I read this thread I was gonna go with something entirely different. So far though loving the Auxitos! They are bright but not obnoxious.

Bonus is the dust covers go on perfectly fine without any fight just slip right back on!

I would post photos but truck is hooked up to a travel trailer atm and I'm too lazy to unhook it and point the truck at a wall lol.
Sponsored