Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
They are using some creative advertising. If you look into it you will see that it is 20000 per pair so up to 10k each.

"High luminous efficacy Flux up to 10,000LM/bulb. "
Yup, this is just creative marketing, you have to look out for it with Amazon lighting.

"EXTREMELY BRIGHT: High power CSP chips H11 LED headlight bulbs with 100W/pair. Cold White 6000K. High luminous efficacy Flux up to 10,000LM/bulb. 300% brighter than your stock halogen headlights. Perfect beam pattern without dark spots or shadowed areas, don't dazzle oncoming traffic, No glare to other drivers."
Sponsored

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Couldn’t resist chiming in as well. 20,000 lumen ( if accurate) is gonna cause problems. I initially had the 16k Auxito’s and they overpowered the reflectors spilling over the top. They were simply too bright.
I now also have the 12k Auxito’s ( for the past 3 months) and very happy with them. I can’t imagine 20k for low beams.....that’s just not right.
I wasn't going to even try them until I actually took the time to reach the description and saw that it is per pair. Even at that it is "up to" 10k so who knows what it is really. The build quality did seem pretty solid, but you never know until you use them for a while They did clock correctly though. One needed to have the key swapped around but once I did that, everything lined up great. The other hitch was that you can plug them in two different ways. The first time I plugged them in with reversed polarity. It took me some pondering to figure that out.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I just installed the CarRover lows and Eagle Eyes high beams today. Both appear to be the same company as the boxes and internal literature are the same. The high beams fit great and clocked properly. Nice bright white light.

THe lows were a tight fit. On the driver side I was able to coax the cover on but could not get the passenger side dust cover on to save my life. I would get it to go, but it was only partially hooked on the outside and sad crooked. It was not sealed properly that way. The bulbs sit pretty close to the outside edge of the opening and the little tabs that hook in for the dust cover do not want to fix. I am not sure if I pulled the airbox if I could have gotten it to go or not. I do like the light though. Nice and white. I am not sure about the dust cover situation. It was a little disappointing.

Here are the links to what I got
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3B2TXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082F1CDCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's disappointing.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
It was. Probably if the size was a little bit thinner/shorter on the fan side of the unit it would fit fine. Something else I did not anticipate was that when you change the bulb a little bit of the housing scrapes off (probably happens with all of them) which causes dust to get into the headlight. Not a huge deal but wish that didn't happen either.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just one more comment on the lumens issue. As a general rule the lumens listed are per pair, so when we say 12K lumens that is 6000 per bulb. Also the wattage is also per pair. IMHO, 20K is way too much for low beams. Glad your not in Wisconsin so I don't meet you coming at me. ?

corrected spelling! Got to love auto-correct, not. ?

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Just one more comment on the lumens issue. As a general rule the lumens listed are per pair, so when we say 12K lumens that is 6000 per bulb. Also the wattage is also per pair. IMHO, 20K is way too much for low beams. Glad your not in Wisconsin so I don't meet you coming at me. ?

corrected spelling! Got to love auto-correct, not. ?
Well, no one has to worry about me because I returned them. I have not seen and probably won’t find a better led bulb that gives me the performance for the cost that I want out of these housings. I think a lot of work goes into designing the reflector for the bulb type. I would be better off connecting some better driving lights to the high beam switch.

I hope that will allow me into the state. Been there in the past and wouldn’t mind visiting again.:like:

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
If you do take on changing your bulbs and you have larger hands be prepared to get some scratches...which really sucks at a time when we need to be using hand sanitizer often. :crying::LOL:

49906120497_b8e14bbb2b_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603

49905820346_352747a6b2_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603

49905304313_2af0844c64_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
If you do take on changing your bulbs and you have larger hands be prepared to get some scratches...which really sucks at a time when we need to be using hand sanitizer often. :crying::LOL:

49906120497_b8e14bbb2b_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603

49905820346_352747a6b2_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603

49905304313_2af0844c64_k.jpg
Careful by deeve5603
Mine looked like that too. Sanitizer is a great cut finder!

Ed Venture

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Okay here are some photos of my install.

Low Beams: GTR CSP Mini ($99 on sale)
High Beams: BEAMTECH 9005 Fanless ($37.99)
Fog Lights: BEAMTECH H11 Fanless ($37.99)

For the photographs, I measured 25 feet from the fence and parked with my front bumper at the 25 foot mark to try and simulate this test by Headlight Revolution.

Fog Lights Only:
Fogs Only.jpg

Low Beams and Fog Lights:
Low Beams and Fogs.jpg

Low and High Beams:
Low and High.jpg

I was really struggling to get the max reading on camera . Trying to hold the two part meter and take a photo was a challenge. I did see readings in the 1790 range, but trying to photograph it was elusive. It really is a two person job with this meter.

Anyway the Maximum LUX is somewhere between 1750-1800 only a few lux below what Headlight Revolution got::

LUX.jpg

I have to adjust my low beams a bit to get them a bit more horizontal with the cut line, but all-in-all there isn't a lot of bleed over the top.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Ranger1.0

First Name
Winn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Making money
I was looking at the same low beams, got it in my cart ready to pull the trigger but found a thread saying that LEDs shouldn't be put in the halogen reflectors, it would cause major bleed over glares that would be an issue for on coming drivers. Also, it would just be bright at the light and wouldn't have the distance throw compares to factory halogen.

In your experience, is this true? I just got the new ranger and really want to upgrade the oil lamp stock light.

Okay here are some photos of my install.

Low Beams: GTR CSP Mini ($99 on sale)
High Beams: BEAMTECH 9005 Fanless ($37.99)
Fog Lights: BEAMTECH H11 Fanless ($37.99)

For the photographs, I measured 25 feet from the fence and parked with my front bumper at the 25 foot mark to try and simulate this test by Headlight Revolution.

Fog Lights Only:
Fogs Only.jpg

Low Beams and Fog Lights:
Low Beams and Fogs.jpg

Low and High Beams:
Low and High.jpg

I was really struggling to get the max reading on camera . Trying to hold the two part meter and take a photo was a challenge. I did see readings in the 1790 range, but trying to photograph it was elusive. It really is a two person job with this meter.

Anyway the Maximum LUX is somewhere between 1750-1800 only a few lux below what Headlight Revolution got::

LUX.jpg

I have to adjust my low beams a bit to get them a bit more horizontal with the cut line, but all-in-all there isn't a lot of bleed over the top.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
@Ranger1.0 I think that the led in the reflector thing is true in a lot of cases. I wouldn't worry about it with the Ranger. The television housing and to be very well made and works just fine with LEDs. Tetris of what you put in there, make sure your lights are aimed properly and you'll be fine.

Ed Venture

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was looking at the same low beams, got it in my cart ready to pull the trigger but found a thread saying that LEDs shouldn't be put in the halogen reflectors, it would cause major bleed over glares that would be an issue for on coming drivers. Also, it would just be bright at the light and wouldn't have the distance throw compares to factory halogen.

In your experience, is this true? I just got the new ranger and really want to upgrade the oil lamp stock light.
You will get more bleed over the top of the cutoff line than the halogen bulbs. The good news is that you can adjust these bulbs to mitigate the effect. You want to make sure that the LEDs are pointing horizontally and not vertically to get the best results. All-in-all the light leakage is very minimal with this bulb when paired with the ranger reflector.

You can see in my second picture that the driver side low beam bulb still needs a bit of adjustment. It's hard to see on the low beams how far off you are from horizontal because of the cap in front of the bulb.

Both the high beams and fogs were aligned perfectly right out of the box and don't really present an issue. In the first photo you can see that the fogs have a nice and tight beam pattern.

Ed
Sponsored