Sponsored

JXB Driveshaft Center Support

Y2KFirehawk

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
16
Reaction score
18
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I'm conflicted to consider this aftermarket solution or go one-piece DS...
Sponsored

 

PltFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
736
Reaction score
1,387
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm conflicted to consider this aftermarket solution or go one-piece DS...
I guess it depends on the issue you are trying to fix and how long you plan to keep the truck, not to mention how you use (work, off-road, DD) your Ranger.

One solution is half the cost of the other... Good luck...
 
OP
OP
JoeDirt03

JoeDirt03

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
104
Reaction score
456
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I'm conflicted to consider this aftermarket solution or go one-piece DS...
If I could go back in time I wouldn't have got it. Just my experience, but if you have vibration and your carrier bearing isn't the root cause of it installing the JXB carrier will only make it worse. Time and money was better spent at a driveshaft shop in my case. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out till after I installed it.
 

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,803
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I'm conflicted to consider this aftermarket solution or go one-piece DS...
I guess it depends on the issue you are trying to fix and how long you plan to keep the truck, not to mention how you use (work, off-road, DD) your Ranger.

One solution is half the cost of the other... Good luck...
The one piece is not always a guaranteed fix either... mine certainly wasn't as i had to return it and go back to the 2 piece ...
 

Ed Kennedy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
54
Reaction score
32
Location
MS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Finance
I'm installing it this weekend. I seriously doubt the vibration and clunky crap could get much worse. If it reduces it even 50% it's a win to me.
 


Racket

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
3,581
Location
Here and There
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'm installing it this weekend. I seriously doubt the vibration and clunky crap could get much worse. If it reduces it even 50% it's a win to me.
I suppose the 'clunky crap' is the shaft requiring service (re-lubing) and it could be tackled at the same time.

I keep coming back to this thread because the bearing looks like a better-than-stock replacement and for long term utility might be a good upgrade.

I don't have any 'problem' to fix, although the driveshaft seems to be developing the 'clunk' that suggests the splines need fresh grease.
 

Ed Kennedy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
54
Reaction score
32
Location
MS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Finance
I packed the shaft back in the spring, didn't solve all the problem. The support is giving too much, but yes, I'm going to pull it again and clean and pack it. Pretty easy and might as well. And you're right, the solid bearing is an upgrade IMO. We shall see, at this point fixing stuff on it has become a hobby 😂
 
OP
OP
JoeDirt03

JoeDirt03

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
104
Reaction score
456
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I packed the shaft back in the spring, didn't solve all the problem. The support is giving too much, but yes, I'm going to pull it again and clean and pack it. Pretty easy and might as well. And you're right, the solid bearing is an upgrade IMO. We shall see, at this point fixing stuff on it has become a hobby 😂
I will say it did get rid of the clunk for the most part.
Sponsored

 
 








Top