Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Checking the tranny fluid level is a bit of a PIA. First it needs to be at operating temperature (205-215F Use a non contact temp probe to check.) and the truck needs to be level. The dipstick plug is on the passenger side towards the front about 2-3 inches away from the exhaust pipe. Be aware the dipstick plug is likely going to be very tight and will take some leverage to break it loose.

This video is for a AU market model ranger but it's basically the same thing.

Once you get the dipstick plug out use this chart to see if it's correctly filled.
1609939834992-png.png

If I remember correctly when I checked mine it was just barely above 6. Many of the Mustang guys with the same transmission as us have reported all sorts of issues with the 10R80 with many reporting they were underfilled from the factory.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/
I'll wait til the next oil change and hope for the best. What a PIA setup for checking it.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Yes it is...

The only aftermarket dipstick option that's available for us currently is about $250+/-.. For that kind of money I'll crawl under the truck and do it the hard way. Don't get me wrong, it's a very well made product, but I cannot justify spending that much on a dipstick.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
I'll wait til the next oil change and hope for the best. What a PIA setup for checking it.
Were you able to remedy the vibration issue now that you got more driving time? Asking because I have same issue and researching potential fixes. Regards; Chris

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to remedy the vibration issue now that you got more driving time? Asking because I have same issue and researching potential fixes. Regards; Chris
Yes, dealer adjusted and lowered my Fox lift about 1/4 inch in front and it helped a lot. They used a vibration tool to measure the frequency of the vibration and were able to dial it in.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yes, dealer adjusted and lowered my Fox lift about 1/4 inch in front and it helped a lot. They used a vibration tool to measure the frequency of the vibration and were able to dial it in.
I am curious how lowering the front solved your issues? I can understand if you had the front maxed out and the CV axles might have been close to binding angle(but doubt) but it should not affect the rear as the axle stays in the same spot in relation to the truck

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious how lowering the front solved your issues? I can understand if you had the front maxed out and the CV axles might have been close to binding angle(but doubt) but it should not affect the rear as the axle stays in the same spot in relation to the truck
I'm assuming since it's a two-piece drive shaft it adjusted the front angle of the drive shaft slightly. For some reason small adjustments can make a big difference with a two piece drive shaft.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Awesome to hear. U still have shims in as well? Strange thing is my heavy vibrations existed at stock pre 2.5 level kit install

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm assuming since it's a two-piece drive shaft it adjusted the front angle of the drive shaft slightly. For some reason small adjustments can make a big difference with a two piece drive shaft.
Only if the rear axle was moved wich doesnt happen by lifting or lowering the front. Now I could understand if the rear was raise or lowered but not the front

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Only if the rear axle was moved wich doesnt happen by lifting or lowering the front. Now I could understand if the rear was raise or lowered but not the front
If the front goes down the center bearing goes down slightly which changes the angle to the rear drive shaft. Simple geometry. It's just a little bit but it makes a difference.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome to hear. U still have shims in as well? Strange thing is my heavy vibrations existed at stock pre 2.5 level kit install
No. Shims, I can't remember the name of the vibration tool they used, but they were getting vibrations on the first run and then after several adjustments and dropping the front slightly it went away. They started trying to shim but realized that wasn't going to work. The guy who did it's a big off-road guy so he was determined to make sure he got it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If the front goes down the center bearing goes down slightly which changes the angle to the rear drive shaft. Simple geometry. It's just a little bit but it makes a difference.
The center bearing stays in the same spot on the frame unless its location is changed by shims. Same idea for the transmission(and trasfercase if applicable). Unless the position is changes in relation of mounting its in the same spot.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Just picked it up from the dealership and they are ordering me a entire new drive shaft. They said the alignment is off which is causing the vibration. They said there are stickers that show the alignment from the front to the rear half of the drive shaft and they should line up perfectly but they are not aligned on mine. Sounds like a reasonable explanation to me, and they showed me up on the lift so I could see it. Hopefully this will fix the problem when they replace it in the coming weeks.

Luckily I have a great dealership to work with and a good bunch of guys ?
Pictures of what they showed you would be great.
Sponsored