Driveshaft Center Bearing Drop

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Anyone dropped their center bearing? Or know of a good kit for this? I want to know if it worked out. I am currently having major vibrationts/squeaking when accelerating from a stop until about 15-20mph. I think it's the driveline due to the amount of lift the 3.1" lift OME leaf springs gave me. It was there with my previous lift, but worse now. Thanks!

20230925_164302.jpg
Sponsored

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Most of us who have done it have just used some body shims (bought mine at Harbor Freight) under the bolts. No real kit is needed. I put a 1/4" of spacers on mine and it worked out just fine. Helped a bit, didn't eliminate it but it is much better.

If you want to sleep better at night, throw some blue loctite on the bolts when you put them back in. I'm sure Ford wants them to be one-time-use, like just about every other bolt on the stupid truck.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Most of us who have done it have just used some body shims (bought mine at Harbor Freight) under the bolts. No real kit is needed. I put a 1/4" of spacers on mine and it worked out just fine. Helped a bit, didn't eliminate it but it is much better.

If you want to sleep better at night, throw some blue loctite on the bolts when you put them back in. I'm sure Ford wants them to be one-time-use, like just about every other bolt on the stupid truck.
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone dropped their center bearing? Or know of a good kit for this? I want to know if it worked out. I am currently having major vibrationts/squeaking when accelerating from a stop until about 15-20mph. I think it's the driveline due to the amount of lift the 3.1" lift OME leaf springs gave me. It was there with my previous lift, but worse now. Thanks!

20230925_164302.jpg
off topic but umm sir where is your rear fender flare lol

also love the tremor worm on the oem decal haha

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

I was wondering the same thing Jacob…as I was admiring those bumpers and matching spare. Maybe the rear flares interfered with the sliders?

Also, six degrees of Kevin Bacon, or what?

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same thing Jacob…as I was admiring those bumpers and matching spare. Maybe the rear flares interfered with the sliders?

Also, six degrees of Kevin Bacon, or what?
it shouldnt i got a buddy with those flares so unsure why he would have the fronts and not the rear since it doesnt match now lol

uhhh yes? idk lol

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
it shouldnt i got a buddy with those flares so unsure why he would have the fronts and not the rear since it doesnt match now lol

uhhh yes? idk lol
You’re not familiar with “six degrees of Kevin Bacon”? Hmmm, maybe it’s a generational thing.

Jacob’s all like….

Boomers….. 🤦‍♂️

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not familiar with “six degrees of Kevin Bacon”? Hmmm, maybe it’s a generational thing.

Jacob’s all like….

Boomers….. 🤦‍♂️
maaaan i dont watch a lot of movies to be fair haha i do watch a lot of anime thou 😶

when i was younger id watch older movies with my dad since he would be bored and they would be on. so many crappy samurai movies oh god!

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor

Lol yeah so, that one got torn off on Elephant Hill down in southern Utah when my axle was at full flex the tire grabbed it. It looks bad right now because I have the other side rear still. The fender is ok, I just need more rubber liner for it before it goes back on.

Also thanks! Not many people get the worm lol. Tremors was one of my favorite movies back in the day lol.

20230903_193452.jpg

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol yeah so, that one got torn off on Elephant Hill down in southern Utah when my axle was at full flex the tire grabbed it. It looks bad right now because I have the other side rear still. The fender is ok, I just need more rubber liner for it before it goes back on.

Also thanks! Not many people get the worm lol. Tremors was one of my favorite movies back in the day lol.

20230903_193452.jpg
ah that explains it lol thats a bummer it took it off but good it didnt cause more damage at least!

no prob! i watched it with my dad years ago it was a good movie!
Sponsored