John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It was sending out 18Q1 prior. 19Q1 is the latest in production for NA. I don't even have 20Q1 yet, and likely won't for a few months due to the data creation process.
I have 19.1 ..... but the web page up until today said new maps Jun 29.... now, that message is gone. Ran my vin and such, no updates. Then why all the confusion? They’re over due.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I have 19.1 ..... but the web page up until today said new maps Jun 29.... now, that message is gone. Ran my vin and such, no updates. Then why all the confusion? They’re over due.
19Q1 only launched today on that site. That’s what the new maps notification was referencing. It only offered 18Q1 prior. If you have 19Q1 already then you’re up to date as far as map data goes.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
The speed limit sign reading is easy to do (I can also verify it works) and it's a fun little kick-ass feature.

I'm a coward.....waiting for the official update from Ford.....
Come-on Ford.......we'd all prefer earlier rather than later July...!!!
You are not a coward for waiting. That is the better approach. I've been involved in well over 100K remote software updates to sophisticated terminals and have dealt with recovery when things go south. It used to be an enjoyable challenge, now it's just a PITA and headaches identifying and resolving the created issues.

Tj4thewin

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Can someone help me or give me some tips to how to fix this problem..I have a 2018 f150 trying to install sync 3.4 . I did the 1st part with my flash drive . When I install my 2nd 1 I keep getting (5u5t-14g381-eb-1581452369000 not found) error...I have it on my flash. Do I suppose to zip it or leave it in my (syncMyRide) folder... my screen suck on the insert usb stick screen

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
19Q1 only launched today on that site. That’s what the new maps notification was referencing. It only offered 18Q1 prior. If you have 19Q1 already then you’re up to date as far as map data goes.
Would be nice if they'd post what version the next update is and when. The confusion starts when the go by years and quarters. Hence, end of first quarter has arrived and gone date wise.
Ford maps have always been a thorn for me. They are slow on updates to current roads. We have a main road here that was in the works for over a year and Ford maps still do not show it. All other maps I have, ie., Garmin, Google, Apple, etc... are updated with the correct road location. When I had my Ford Fusion in I believe was 2014, I went through 3 map updates. No changes on roads over 60 years old. Even after I told them which roads. They seem to have NO cartographer that work in hand. The rep said to me, no more free maps from Ford. Ask for another one, I'd have to pay. I told her if she'd update your maps, I'd gladly if need be.
Garmin is a great company and updates almost on command. In other words, I'd call Garmin, they'd connect me with the cartographer. I'd give them the updates street info, (the 60 year old street), and bam. Next updates had the new road info in them.
Roads change continuously. They need to keep up. No longer are the days where we carry a box of various Hagstrom maps which were not cheap.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Would be nice if they'd post what version the next update is and when. The confusion starts when the go by years and quarters. Hence, end of first quarter has arrived and gone date wise.
Ford maps have always been a thorn for me. They are slow on updates to current roads. We have a main road here that was in the works for over a year and Ford maps still do not show it. All other maps I have, ie., Garmin, Google, Apple, etc... are updated with the correct road location. When I had my Ford Fusion in I believe was 2014, I went through 3 map updates. No changes on roads over 60 years old. Even after I told them which roads. They seem to have NO cartographer that work in hand. The rep said to me, no more free maps from Ford. Ask for another one, I'd have to pay. I told her if she'd update your maps, I'd gladly if need be.
Garmin is a great company and updates almost on command. In other words, I'd call Garmin, they'd connect me with the cartographer. I'd give them the updates street info, (the 60 year old street), and bam. Next updates had the new road info in them.
Roads change continuously. They need to keep up. No longer are the days where we carry a box of various Hagstrom maps which were not cheap.
Yep, the lag time is still ~1 year, though they've gotten them out a little quicker these past two. I don't even get them internally to start testing usually until sometime in the fall of the release year once all of the map and voice data are created. The ones for NA anyway.

The map data itself is from HERE. So, anything missing you'd need to inform them of. You can do so via their map creator tool. That's what I use personally when I come across a recording, etc. that failed because of incorrect or missing map data.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, the lag time is still ~1 year, though they've gotten them out a little quicker these past two. I don't even get them internally to start testing usually until sometime in the fall of the release year once all of the map and voice data are created. The ones for NA anyway.

The map data itself is from HERE. So, anything missing you'd need to inform them of. You can do so via their map creator tool. That's what I use personally when I come across a recording, etc. that failed because of incorrect or missing map data.
Just signed up. I'll poke around. Surprised that -any- mapping company weren't already spidering and stealing others data. You'd think like Google steals everything that maps could be harvested.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Almost makes me happy I don't have NAV and use AA with Google Maps.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Huge kudos to Cyan Labs!!

I love 3.4, but may have to find a way to back it out. My APIM/Nav faults on a timing issue.

APIM is an older unit in my non-nav 2019. If I don't give the APIM enough time between unlocking the doors and starting the engine, I get a Navigation fault. Clear the pop-up and Nav works perfectly.

Maybe flashing the firmware would help, but that's not a released feature in Forscan yet.

Tempted to find a newer APIM just to keep 3.4 and the BA119 maps.

Tj4thewin

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You are missing a file it would seem, did you use the windows application? there is a manual version if you aren't a windows user on my website also
https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/
1593716829490.png

you must download all files it tells you to and put them all in SyncMyRide folder and then copy the text contents to a reformat.lst

This is my setup. I did it from that site with the manual version ... it was 3 files when I did the version with no nav.

C1D20654-0748-4765-8891-FFFB6F3F7A1C.jpeg

88EB6A10-75BA-435C-A475-1D4E5BCE12C9.jpeg

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Hi All,

Firstly to confirm i am "the cyanlabs" see here https://cyanlabs.net/about/

Thanks for linking my tool :) i hope it makes things a lot easier, i am trying to implement "update" and "reformat" but confirming what people are currently running is the issue, depending on current voice versions, gracenotes versions etc they may or may not needed updated one when they update apps etc, i have access to the Sync filesystem and can see things the normal end user can not.

To clarify i had no legal issues with ford at all but it was technically their IP and could be liable. i decided it was best to remove the packages, and instead link to ford's own hosted files on azure. the reformat tool is hosted elsewhere not affiliated with meand MD5 checked to ensure integrity

Excellent write up :)

I would love to know this also

Yes although my guide/tool is mostly for 3.0 and older, it can be used on newer but there is technically no need. or retrofitted cars.

follow the manual guide on my website ;)

oh ALSO added 20136 to FordSyncDownloader
1592659338873.png

1592659263386.png
Tool worked flawlessly for me to get to 20136, climate, nav all there, many thanks! Donation coming

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Successfully updated my Sync Build from 20021 to 20136 this morning. After doing a Master Reset I have restored all of my settings, Phones, FordPass, and SiriusXM. Every things looks great so far, and I did not "lose" Climate controls on my display, but that appeared to be resolved in the 20021 build.

There is an updated 2.0 version of the Cyanlabs.net Ford Sync Update Downloader tool.
If you have already downloaded and installed an earlier version of the tool you can update to V2.0 right in the app.

Since my build level was at 20021 I had to "downgrade" my Sync build level below 19274 to be able to use the tool to upgrade to 20136. I decided to try the new version of the tool in my Windows 7 virtual machine via VMware Fusion on my Mac, and this time around the tool worked great for me.

I created two USB drives, one to execute the Sync level downgrade, and one to execute the Sync upgrade to 20136. I decided to create two keys rather than reuse the same key because I prefer to be driving when doing the Sync software update rather than sitting in park idling in my driveway.

The Sync downgrade used only 1GB of space on the USB drive, and the execution time of the downgrade was 6 minutes 45 seconds.

The Sync 20136 upgrade used 14.42GB of space on the USB drive, and the execution time of the upgrade was 28 minutes. I do have the Nav package.

20136 Build.jpg

Based on the "Automatic System Updates" panel and info it would seem this "could" be the last time I have to update my Sync App or other software using a USB drive.

The new info states the latest available software updates are enabled via a Wi-Fi network, while certain updates may be possible via the FordPass app.

Auto Updates.jpg

Ready for my future Sync updates to be wireless via my home network.

Many thanks to Cyanlabs and UofMEngineer for their information on Ford Sync software.
What steps do you need to take to restore FordPass and SiriusXM? I finally got the USB to download and copy over the install files. I’m going to try the upgrade tomorrow.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got the same "SYNC 3 update - transform your commute" message on My Ford Pass on my phone today. As others have done, I got on my laptop and no update is available. I then called Ford customer service on the 800 number. I had to find and give them my VIN (real convenient) and they also said that no update is available.

What a sh!tshow!!!
Yep. Kinda makes me wonder how we ever lived without what is somehow necessary these days...
Sponsored