Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

diswell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2013
Registered an account just to say a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I actually own a 2013 Ford Edge and spent my weekend swapping out a Sync 2 for Sync 3 HW (Saturday) then doing the 3.4 upgrade (20136) today. All went without a hitch, thanks to the knowledgeable advice shared here. :clap:
Sponsored

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum
What steps do you need to take to restore FordPass and SiriusXM? I finally got the USB to download and copy over the install files. I’m going to try the upgrade tomorrow.
SiriusXM will restore its service automatically after the update when the app can sync with the SiriusXM satellites.

The FordPass Connect restore requires you on your Sync display: Settings>FordPass Connect>Connectivity Setting enable Connectivity Features,Location, Vehicle data & Remote ctrl.

After you have enabled the settings in your vehicle, you then need to re-authenticate via your FordPass app on your mobile phone to your FordPass account.

sblasl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hello to all of you knowledgeable folks, and yes, I signed up specifically to learn from many of you. Totally new to all of this infotainment, Sync3, APIM, FORScan, etc...?. I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport that I recently upgraded the screen and APIM to Sync3. It was pulled from a 2017 Ford Edge Sport. (I have the Sync3 APIM donor vehicle Vin#). It was programmed to my Vin #, the "as built", except for one thing - I had the Startup Screen changed permanently to the "ST Ford Performance" screen"?. The APIM came with version 3.0, Build 18093. It has Nav and currently at Version NA 1 18.

Because I don't have a Windows machine/computer nor access to one (I'll need to check our local library) nor do I have any real working knowledge of using Microsoft Windows which means I am clueless if I have to do anything regarding FORScan and everything that goes along with it. I was going to use the cyan labs app https://cyanlabs.net/applications/ford-sync-downloader/. I do have plenty of USB3 memory sticks. I am trying to get up to speed with what version number and build number of the Sync3 software I should upgrade to and was hoping that I might obtain some recommendations from this group.

Do you folks have some suggestions of how best I should approach this update and is there a particular version number and build number that I should use? Any tips would be appreciated. Remember that I am unable to do FORScan.

Any chance that someone here lives in the Central Arkansas area? New to this and lack the equipment and want to be on the safe side should something go wrong.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I am liking the upgraded Sync 3.4 and the Cyan installer made things really easy. Been over a week or so and I had not had a need to use Waze until the other day. Sync 3.4 does not see Waze for me anymore and does not start it up on screen like it used to when I plugged in the phone.

Had to go old school and use Waze on the phone via dash mount. Those with 3.4 upgrade, Waze and Android did you have any issues and how did you solve them? I did the Sync master reset after install. Un-installed and re-installed Waze and Andriod Auto andrestarted my phone the other day. Un-paired and paired phone, etc.

Upon plugging my phone in Sync very briefly ( two or three seconds) shows the map, AA icons like it used to then they disappear. Even if I do press them in time it still does not go to maps or Waze. Phone shows message about USB access like it used to. Ignoring phone message Waze used to start on Sync, now it does not even if ignored, press OK or Cancel for prompt.

Skimmed back about half a dozen or so pages and don't recall seeing mention of people having trouble with Waze after their Sync upgrades. Would like to solve this issue, is nice having Waze on the main screen.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Got my issue sorted out. Seems to be it was a user error on my part. Did not remember having to actually go in to Sync and turn on or enable Android Auto back when I first got my truck. After flipping that switch Waze works fine. :)

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still holding out hope we get an official Ford release this month (??)

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I'm still holding out hope we get an official Ford release this month (??)
Hopefully. The MY20 specific SSMs still show "July", though the MY19 SSM is showing "early August". It's the same software, so maybe they plan to roll it out to 20's a tad faster. Probably some added testing for 3.3 -> 3.4 upgrades before switching it on.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Considering I only use my truck maybe once a week at this point, I can wait till early August. Thanks for the update! :wink:

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Anyone know how I can re-do this to get my climate control back? I ran the update and have NAV and 3.4, but I lost my climate and don't have Forscan.

v/r

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Anyone know how I can re-do this to get my climate control back? I ran the update and have NAV and 3.4, but I lost my climate and don't have Forscan.

v/r
Without Forscan, you can’t.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Why did I wait so long to do this.. it’s SO much faster. Huge thanks to @CyanLabs for making this the easiest update I’ve ever done in a vehicle. Really impressed!!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It's downloading now....I hope I still have climate controls...:crazy:
Now we'll see if it was worth waiting for....
Sponsored