First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Are the splash screen images embedded in the code or accessible in any way? Is there some way to switch one of them out for a custom image (a la myself or another one of our graphically talented folks make a Ranger one) ?
First I don't know. I haven't been brave enough to open the .TAR.GZ files to see what's in them.
Second, pretty much same as first. Would need someone braver and more programming savvy than me to dig into the tarball and then be brave enough to try and load it into their truck. Hopefully not bricking their APIM in the process.

Interesting thought though.

For me, I'll live with the Raptor screen or maybe the Ford Performance Cobra for now.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
First I don't know. I haven't been brave enough to open the .TAR.GZ files to see what's in them.
Second, pretty much same as first. Would need someone braver and more programming savvy than me to dig into the tarball and then be brave enough to try and load it into their truck. Hopefully not bricking their APIM in the process.

Interesting thought though.

For me, I'll live with the Raptor screen or maybe the Ford Performance Cobra for now.
Based on your comment, I thought I'd go look - they all expand out to .img files, which are another binary file - unless you had something that could read those, I don't think you could change anything in there.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Based on your comment, I thought I'd go look - they all expand out to .img files, which are another binary file - unless you had something that could read those, I don't think you could change anything in there.
Kind of what I suspected, way beyond my tech level. I use programs, I don't write them! ?

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When you are coding with Forscan yes. Any laptop with Windows 7 or 10 and USB 3 will work just fine.

Just be sure to backup the modules before you make any changes to the ASBUILT sections and make a note of the changes you make so you can revert back if something goes wonky on you. Just read up on the Forscan threads and there are some good how-to videos for using it.
Thanks to all of you who helped. I was able to upgrade to 3.4 and get climate control back. Wonder what else I should modify???

Mandelbloom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Sorry been away and I missed a question or two . Anyways deciding if I should go to 20136. I finally have all my icons and everything seems good . Is 20136 the official
Supported release for rangers ?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Do any of you use CarPlay? If so, do you have issues with the mic volume on phone calls being very low?

If you're not sure, while connected to CarPlay, open the voice memo app on your phone and record a clip counting or whatever. When you play it back it will either be perfectly clear or very quiet.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Thanks to all of you who helped. I was able to upgrade to 3.4 and get climate control back. Wonder what else I should modify???

Lol. Once you start tinkering it gets addicting cause you're in there wondering what else you can enable that would be a neat feature to have.

So far I have enabled, Changed boot screen to the Raptor screen, Bambi mode, Disabled front Hyper-Blink for LED bulb install, Double Honk, Disabled IPC welcome screen, disabled driver seatbelt charm, FX4 screen, Fog light corner mode, Enabled Alarm sensor option, changed keyfob alarm button behavior to double press, Entry ambient light color changed to red, Enabled Frost Tell-Tale, Enabled Front-Rear Parking Aid, Enabled Average speed display, and Enabled Secure Park.

The next thing I will probably do is tackle the speed limit sign reading and see if I can get that working.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-29#post-143383
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-31#post-143642

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If this is true, a map update will be coming this month. June 29th..
Crossing finders.. Their web site is as lame as their software. Nothing like being cryptic. That could be June 29th of 2018 for all we know.
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home
Haven't seen anything today. Says 2019-1 is the current version

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Lol. Once you start tinkering it gets addicting cause you're in there wondering what else you can enable that would be a neat feature to have.

So far I have enabled, Changed boot screen to the Raptor screen, Bambi mode, Disabled front Hyper-Blink for LED bulb install, Double Honk, Disabled IPC welcome screen, disabled driver seatbelt charm, FX4 screen, Fog light corner mode, Enabled Alarm sensor option, changed keyfob alarm button behavior to double press, Entry ambient light color changed to red, Enabled Frost Tell-Tale, Enabled Front-Rear Parking Aid, Enabled Average speed display, and Enabled Secure Park.

The next thing I will probably do is tackle the speed limit sign reading and see if I can get that working.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-29#post-143383
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-31#post-143642
The speed limit sign reading is easy to do (I can also verify it works) and it's a fun little kick-ass feature.

I'm a coward.....waiting for the official update from Ford.....
Come-on Ford.......we'd all prefer earlier rather than later July...!!!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Agree on the addicting part! I've done most of the changes you've done and have the speed limit sign reading working ( kind of a fun little thing). Also ditched my low beams on DRL and just run parking and fogs. I have an XLT so I don't have the fancy LED lights. I did put switchbacks in my front turns and love them.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
19Q1 is the latest available. That's what was loaded on the map update site today as well.
Does that mean that the updates posted today are NA119 compared to the NA118 currently installed which would make them a year newer or is this still the same update from November 2019? I downloaded and unzipped and the file dates are Dec 2019 and one from Mar 2020.

I just want to be sure before I go through the install process.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Does that mean that the updates posted today are NA119 compared to the NA118 currently installed which would make them a year newer or is this still the same update from November 2019? I downloaded and unzipped and the file dates are Dec 2019 and one from Mar 2020.

I just want to be sure before I go through the install process.
Correct. The 19Q1 is a year newer than 18Q1.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Lying sacks of donkey poop. Same maps.... I'll wait to see what Cyan comes up with.
It was sending out 18Q1 prior. 19Q1 is the latest in production for NA. I don't even have 20Q1 yet, and likely won't for a few months due to the data creation process.
Sponsored