Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone updating is still doing it manually. The actual Ford provided USB/OTA update is a few weeks out last I heard.
I did it manually. I'm running sync 3.4

20200325_193312.jpg
Sponsored

Mandelbloom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Any word if this update is still coming soon? Also is ForScan required to get climate back ? Or is that only some people .

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Have Sync 3.4 build 20021 on an older APIM w/nav installed in my gray 2019.

Probably 70% of time I get a Navigation fault message on startup, yet Nav works perfectly. Thinking its a timing issue in the software and maybe when the official build hits the street, that will eliminate the fault.

I love the UI presented in 3.4, but think I'll leave my blue '19 on 3.3 for now.

Confirmed -- If using the remote to unlock the doors as I walk up to the truck, no Nav fault. If I use the prox/handle to unlock, climb in and start the truck, get the Nav fault every time.

Not sure if Forscan knowledge base has anything on APIM boot timing but I'm sure there's a config setting somewhere!

Last edited:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Finally had enough of the location prompt and overall slowness of 3.3 so I did the update to 3.4 today.

Did a master reset twice, re-added the climate buttons, re-added it to Ford Pass, and everything else appears to be working smoothly. Its a substantial difference in speed. Everything feels much smoother and fluid. Took it for a 30 minute drive and no issues and no more location popups.

Oddly enough, I had no prompt volume issues either even though I haven't got the Waze update with the fix.

Debating doing the update is far scarier than actually doing the update.

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I'll update when I know it's actually getting switched on.
With some of the guys manually downloading the software and installing it before Ford officially releases the software, what type of issues/problems with Ford can be encountered? I mean, can Ford see that you now have 3.4 installed when you arent supposed to and void warranty or can it be switched back to 3.3 incase an issue arises or what?

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I think I've been as patient as I can be waiting for the 3.4 official update on my 2019. I'm ready to do the update manually myself. Can we get a sticky post with latest instructions? I've looked around on this thread and others on this forum and currently all I can really find is a smattering of "use this link from some other site for F150's", or "I followed these instructions from a guy in Russia"....

Is there a "here is how to manually update to Sync 3.4" post/thread somewhere with latest instructions that I'm just missing?

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
I think I've been as patient as I can be waiting for the 3.4 official update on my 2019. I'm ready to do the update manually myself. Can we get a sticky post with latest instructions? I've looked around on this thread and others on this forum and currently all I can really find is a smattering of "use this link from some other site for F150's", or "I followed these instructions from a guy in Russia"....

Is there a "here is how to manually update to Sync 3.4" post/thread somewhere with latest instructions that I'm just missing?
I used these instructions on friday following the video/detailed instructions and used 2 usb's. Performed the 2 master resets and one more for good measure with no issues so far and its way better than sync 3.3

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I used these instructions on friday following the video/detailed instructions and used 2 usb's.
Can you please be more specific? Which instructions exactly did you follow? Links? Thanks!

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
With some of the guys manually downloading the software and installing it before Ford officially releases the software, what type of issues/problems with Ford can be encountered? I mean, can Ford see that you now have 3.4 installed when you arent supposed to and void warranty or can it be switched back to 3.3 incase an issue arises or what?
I've never quite figured out exactly how/when the system updates what SYNC version is installed. On mine, it's still showing previous installs in OASIS even though I've installed newer releases. It may update only with the specific package on the USB/OAT updates...but, not sure.