Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
What's in your IVSU Versions screen? Press and hold the Seek FWD buttons on the steering wheel and IP for 10 seconds, end speaker walk around, go to APIM, IVSU Versions.
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
21 minutes and < 1/4 through.....30 minutes total. I noticed no climate
In this version. I won't miss it because I've always done climate through voice

SUCCESS! Thank You all.

Also solved my original problem with the NAV which led me here. I'm liking the dark blue BG better than this one

15847598076107181658094634173629.jpg

Last edited:

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
My 20021 still isnt showing the climate button either, but when i realized its easier to use the physical buttons i didnt care to much. Tried master reset and it didnt change anything.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My 20021 still isnt showing the climate button either, but when i realized its easier to use the physical buttons i didnt care to much. Tried master reset and it didnt change anything.
For those who have updated and don't have the climate menu option (and want it), there is a fix using FORScan starting at this post:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/is-sync-3-version-3-3-the-newest-available.5068/post-97298

I had the same exact issue and this fixed it for me.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks for this info
Don't know if it is required, but I couldn't get it to work unless I wrote the entire block at once - if I just updated the one value that changed it didn't work. If that makes sense.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's even easier is just using voice to change the temperature. I never use the climate app in sync 3. I just said it with my voice. If I want to turn the air conditioner off I just reach down to the panel and turn it off. Next time I go to Ford, I'll ask them to install that file that gives me climate back

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have updated and don't have the climate menu option (and want it), there is a fix using FORScan starting at this post:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/is-sync-3-version-3-3-the-newest-available.5068/post-97298

I had the same exact issue and this fixed it for me.
How do you load the apt file? Should I put forescan on the laptop and hook it up to Bluetooth, through the OBD port?

What value is changed in Forescan for the climate control? If this turns out to be easy I'll go ahead and do it otherwise I can live without climate control icons on the screen

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
How do you load the apt file? Should I put forescan on the laptop and hook it up to Bluetooth, through the OBD port?

What value is changed in Forescan for the climate control? If this turns out to be easy I'll go ahead and do it otherwise I can live without climate control icons on the screen
Its very simple
Go to APIM and dont worry about the asbuilt stuff, The asbuilt you have to enter certain numbers but the other is just a simple enable/disable. You can also enable nav there and it will give you a simple compass on your cluster screen.

While your er in there, you can change your splash screen to say say Raptor or anything in the list. You can also change your layout for the GT style which was popular for 3.3. However, I dont think you can have a different splash screen from your stock layout. YOu will keep the splash screen but the layout will go back to stock. EX: if you have the GT style layout you will need the gt splash screen. Im not 100% sure about that though, I just saw people talking about it. Someone will correct my if Im wrong.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Its very simple
Go to APIM and dont worry about the asbuilt stuff, The asbuilt you have to enter certain numbers but the other is just a simple enable/disable. You can also enable nav there and it will give you a simple compass on your cluster screen.

While your er in there, you can change your splash screen to say say Raptor or anything in the list. You can also change your layout for the GT style which was popular for 3.3. However, I dont think you can have a different splash screen from your stock layout. YOu will keep the splash screen but the layout will go back to stock. EX: if you have the GT style layout you will need the gt splash screen. Im not 100% sure about that though, I just saw people talking about it. Someone will correct my if Im wrong.
Thank you, Alex, I hooked up my laptop via Bluetooth and connected but I could never get that long list of items you choose from and I think it's because I am on forscan light and they won't let you change anything. So I just paid them to ten bucks so I can do what I need to do.I'll see what happens when I get the full version. I did download the beta version for the Windows 10 and installed it but I never get those long list Al items that can be changed. I'm going to have to get the activation key

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Thank you, Alex, I hooked up my laptop via Bluetooth and connected but I could never get that long list of items you choose from and I think it's because I am on forscan light and they won't let you change anything. So I just paid them to ten bucks so I can do what I need to do.I'll see what happens when I get the full version. I did download the beta version for the Windows 10 and installed it but I never get those long list Al items that can be changed. I'm going to have to get the activation key
I use the free W10 version(extended License) on my laptop, you should be able to do everything as far as I know.

EDIT: I am going buy a year sub soon though just to support it.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I use the free W10 version(extended License) on my laptop, you should be able to do everything as far as I know.

EDIT: I am going buy a year sub soon though just to support it.
Yeah I sent them $10 cuz when I hooked it up to the truck it didn't give me a whole lot of options. The only changes I think I'm going to make is adding the climate back in and add the seat heaters into the display. Other than that I'm just going to follow the thread and see what other people are doing. Mine is activated I'm just waiting for the $50 hook up from Amazon. I want to go direct USB rather than Bluetooth.

OBD Adapter  Automotive.png

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Just make sure you've
What's even easier is just using voice to change the temperature. I never use the climate app in sync 3. I just said it with my voice.
FYI, since you use it. As long as you have the latest app and voice pack, you can get by with just saying "xx degrees" now. No need to pre-pend the "Set the temperature to..." prior to the temp.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient