First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Before you do A N Y T H I N G, create a backup of all the modules. It's explained on the forscan forum.
Cannot emphasize this enough. I have have had to restore from my saved as-builts more than once. I'm sure many on this forum have also.
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Hey guys! I got me OBDLink EX yesterday, installed FORScan, and got the unit paired with my Ranger. So without reading every thread, is there a simple guide to using FORScan? I know there's spreadsheets and codes to make specific changes, but I can't find how/where to make the changes.
I was like you when i got the TM switch last week. I used this guide to get started i read it twice and really got a understanding of what was going on before even plugging into the truck. i got the link from the Forscan FAQ page. Good luck

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Cannot emphasize this enough. I have have had to restore from my saved as-builts more than once. I'm sure many on this forum have also.
Thanks Lee! I watched a great video on backing up the as-builts. I went to do it earlier today and couldn't as it was saying I needed the extended license. I figured out how to get the free trial from the FORScan forum. I'll try the backups again tomorrow.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone figured out how to shorten the delay of the lights turning off after you shut the truck off and close the doors? I enabled Dark Mode in both the BdyCM and IPC so I can turn them off while I'm at campsites. For normal use I would just like to shorten how long the truck is lit up. Tried a couple things from the F150 sheet but they did not work.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Has anyone figured out how to shorten the delay of the lights turning off after you shut the truck off and close the doors? I enabled Dark Mode in both the BdyCM and IPC so I can turn them off while I'm at campsites. For normal use I would just like to shorten how long the truck is lit up. Tried a couple things from the F150 sheet but they did not work.
Once the engine is off, pull the left stalk, like you're engaging high beam. This turns on all exterior illumination (except cargo light) for 30 seconds.

Edit, my apologies. I misread what you were asking. I thought you wanted to extend the time.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Edit, my apologies. I misread what you were asking. I thought you wanted to extend the time.
No problem. If I wanted them on I can just leave the door open. Yes, I'm wanting them to shut off sooner.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
No problem. If I wanted them on I can just leave the door open. Yes, I'm wanting them to shut off sooner.
Have you tried simply switching the headlight knob to off ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you tried simply switching the headlight knob to off ?
Even with the headlights turned off, as soon as you open the door the dome lights, bed light and parking lights come on and stay on for what seems like forever ( probably 30 or 40 seconds) after you close the door. This is probably to let you get to the house door or something. With dark mode activated nothing comes on when you open the door. Which is fine if I'm in a campground. I just want the lights to go out sooner after I close the doors normally.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Double honk is gone and I am soooooo happy!

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to have the DRL turned on anytime the truck is running, without having to turn the headlights switch to the first position?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Is it possible to have the DRL turned on anytime the truck is running, without having to turn the headlights switch to the first position?
In Forscan, there should be a bunch of options for DRL. I believe it lets you set the Canadian rules which enable it all the time.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anyone in the SW FL area willing to perform some of these options? Willing to pay for your time.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
OK, so what's the secret?
Took some time to figure out but... you need to enable the graphics and controls within the IPC configuration module first. This gives the the menu option to enable and disable the speed limit recognition and speed warning in the menu.

(I don’t have the specific points to modify as I’m at work but I can go back in and look if anyone has issues finding it.)

After that go to the IPMA module configuration and enable “Traffic Sign Recognition” and “Traffic Sign Recognition Mode”

The IPMA “Image Processing Module A” was the key to making this all work. It amazes me that ford has all of the hardware/software available to do this but doesn’t implement it.
Sponsored