Interesting story about the ongoing saga with parts shortage.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
That’s another amazing pic showing what a mess the auto industry is in?
Honestly, it is sad. I am interested in buying a Ford Transit passenger van and can't get a straight answer from any dealership. They are more than happy to take my money but can't give me any guarantee when or if my order would ever be fulfilled. Scary times we are living in.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Honestly, it is sad. I am interested in buying a Ford Transit passenger van and can't get a straight answer from any dealership. They are more than happy to take my money but can't give me any guarantee when or if my order would ever be fulfilled. Scary times we are living in.
Justin, Try contacting Zach at Granger Ford. He'll give you a straight honest answer and might even be able to discount it for you. I was getting my Bronco through him but with the delays I bought my Jeep through him. 4% under invoice and very easy to deal with. One email and I had a quote the next morning.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-2022-ford-ranger-order.16068/

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I posted an article a while back where Ford said they wanted to do this. They want to go to an order based system, there would still be dealer inventory but very limited. I can see it from their perspective as they don't have to deal with flooding dealers lots while we have all these shortages going on only to turn around at the end of the year and offer huge rebates to move units.

I've done a mix of both in the past 60% orders and 40% off the lot purchases. It's ok if you don't NEED a vehicle right away but like you said most want it now and don't want to wait. Then there are those who's vehicle either broke down and don't want to dump more money into it or worse had an accident and need a vehicle now. It'll never work unless every manufacturer does this and if they do say goodbye to big rebates like we're use to.

I hate to say it my friend but look around and the world is/has already changed a lot in the past 9 months. To much can be said but without getting political I'll just leave it at that. :lipssealed: Like you I hope/pray things get better and the next year will be a tell tale sign on the direction.
I can totally see Ford WANTING to do this. But you can't always get what you want. The relationship between manufacturers and dealerships is complicated and burdened by lots of legislation. I can't see dealerships continuing to turn customers away for no reason without raising a stink.

I agree that the plan will certainly fail if Ford is alone in this desire. And while rebates and incentives are obviously gone for the near future, solid more forthright pricing is needed.

It's getting ridiculous at this point Dave. We've basically become a second world country, and our near future looks more like Argentina than America. The saddest part is that everybody seems to accept it.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
The extra tenants that have moved into the engine bay are free! ?

They'll honor that incentive, at least.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The extra tenants that have moved into the engine bay are free! ?

They'll honor that incentive, at least.
Yep - they were living in my Passat briefly. ?

5166A462-EBEE-4D01-8C7D-DA77F00485D7.jpeg

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
What a roller coaster ride this thread is.

Page 1: There are still trucks that need chips
Page 2: The PRC/NWO/Lizard People are going to destroy America
Page 3: I'd like a new van but the wait is too long

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired

Phil, this surprises you being from NY :giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

You should know by now after page 1 nothing ever stays on topic. lol ?

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Thank God for 2A. But if the Dems and Progs have there way, that may be gone too
Shut down every gun store and the European/Russian Mafia will start importing some really, really good stuff over here.

I can't wait. :D

But yeah, getting back on topic...I hope the auto industry is learning something from all of this.

Mr. Spock once said that the Vulcans have a saying.

"Only Nixon could go to China."

;)

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Forget China and the UN, I’d worry more about the Great Snowbird Uprising - Florida will be the first to fall, closely followed by Yuma, Mesa and Scottsdale. Palm Springs won’t see it coming until it’s all over.
LMAO? Currently dealing with 'senior services' in Florida (or lack thereof).

Elderly sister diagnosed with alzheimers/dementia, lives alone, wants no help, drives without a driver's license and is apparently locked out of the 'system' unless someone has big money to pay an attorney (5 figures I've been advised). Lost her home in a scam, husband laid deceased for over a week until a 'welfare check' discovered him. Local hospice refused to help him even though he was clearly bed ridden.

I can do little for her as I have my own health issues. Most people in this forum won't be able to retire at all, as they will have to work until they fall over dead.

I was able to retire early at 60 due to work related physical disabilities, a worker's comp law firm and a union contract. Most here will have nothing - that should concern every citizen in this once great nation.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
LMAO? Currently dealing with 'senior services' in Florida (or lack thereof).

Elderly sister diagnosed with alzheimers/dementia, lives alone, wants no help, drives without a driver's license and is apparently locked out of the 'system' unless someone has big money to pay an attorney (5 figures I've been advised). Lost her home in a scam, husband laid deceased for over a week until a 'welfare check' discovered him. Local hospice refused to help him even though he was clearly bed ridden.

I can do little for her as I have my own health issues. Most people in this forum won't be able to retire at all, as they will have to work until they fall over dead.

I was able to retire early at 60 due to work related physical disabilities, a worker's comp law firm and a union contract. Most here will have nothing - that should concern every citizen in this once great nation.
I’m not laughing my a$$ off but smiling broadly, because a quick check of “Occupation” on ranger5g member profiles and a quick review of the “Beautiful Faces” thread, not to mention the thousands of positive threads on here, would suggest “most here” seem to have plenty and are truly enjoying their retirement - not working until they fall over dead.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I’m not laughing my a$$ off but smiling broadly, because a quick check of “Occupation” on ranger5g member profiles and a quick review of the “Beautiful Faces” thread, not to mention the thousands of positive threads on here, would suggest “most here” seem to have plenty and are truly enjoying their retirement - not working until they fall over dead.

Your level of 'reading comprehension' is clearly questionable....

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
pretty quick summary of the state of the auto industry, not sure if this was the correct place to post or not but mods can move if need be.

GM Is Using A Shuttered Microchip Plant To Store Thousands of Chipless Trucks (msn.com)
Just got back from a day and a half trip to Georgia and let me tell you what! I seen more F150’s on any one small town dealer lot than I’ve seen on three lots down here at one time.
Met a guy at the Linux shop locally here who had a beautiful F150 -I forget which addition. He said he had to go to Georgia to get it.
?

Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation