D Fresh

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The true root cause for the pump failure could be foreign particles were left in the cooler or trans itself. Perhaps from an insufficient or missed flushing step after manufacturers machining operations. I have even heard of sand left inside of castings. The OP will likely never find out about the root cause and frankly it doesn't matter to anyone except FoMoCo.
You're spot on. At least we have some info on this one.

Bad oil pump is more info than some people have on blown engines that happened over two months ago.

Just glad it was taken care of by Ford. In the end that's all that matters.
Advertisement

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Maybe I'm too anal particular, but when I saw "route cause" in the service write-up I started to cringe. I know, no big deal but when it comes to an issue this detailed I wonder what else "oops'ed". But it does look like they did a thorough job so hope it all works out for you @rangerdanger
I've known some really good mechanics that weren't the best at spelling. I'm not sure it's really a job requirement or indicative of anything in particular. I think I'd rather have a good mechanic who can't spell for shit than a crappy mechanic who should be a writer.

(Now, if I'm dealing with someone whose primary responsibility is communicating in writing I cut no slack at all, but there's a reason there isn't just one kind of job in the world.)

(I've also known really good mechanics who were english majors in college and then chose a different path, but could still cut deeply with a few carefully chosen words. But that's just an added bonus.)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Watch this tear down video and you can see why they just swap it out. If that were me there would be a bucket of extra parts after the rebuild. lol 😁

Thanks for posting this, what an eye opening video. Holy Frijoles. :shock:

Just a bit more going on with this transmission than the Muncie in my '69 Camaro. :like:

I sure wish they would put a stick shift in the Ranger.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

Just a bit more going on with this transmission than the Muncie in my '69 Camaro. :like:

Once the Bronco is out with its 2.3/7 speed manual combo, someone is going to swap the transmission into a Ranger, and I can't wait!

D Fresh

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Automatics in general are some sort of voodoo witchcraft. The 10r80 is flat out devil worship.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
Hopefully the "Flush" on the cooler got all the metal particles out... :fingerscrossed:
Yeah that one kinda threw me off lol. At jeep we just straight up replace the coolers on the 8/10 speeds. Ford may not include that with their warranty repairs though

Advertisement

Advertisement