Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
First Iā€™d like to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers. This really is a very special community and even though many of us have never met it just goes to show how we all come together when another is in need.

I started feeling a little ā€œoffā€ a few days after we returned from vacation but didnā€™t think much of it. As the week went on I felt worse and went to the Urgent Care to get tested and 2 days latter received the positive Covid results. Last Friday the 13th is when it hit me the hardest and couldnā€™t do anything but sleep and crawl to the couch. Between the nausea, body aches, sweats and chills I never felt anything this painful in my life. I honestly wouldnā€™t wish this on my worst enemy! Dr says thereā€™s really nothing you can do but let it run itā€™s course which is anywhere from 3-4 weeks minimum. Today is day 17 and it feels like Iā€™m on the upside now (?) where I can finally move around without being dizzy and nauseous and finally ate a real meal the other night that wasnā€™t toast or soup. Doc says this new Delta variant is worse because it stays airborne longer and is highly contagious. I will admit we became very lazy with our mask wearing out here and with our heat itā€™s easy to do. So just a word of caution for everyone is donā€™t take this damn virus lightly because no matter how great of shape youā€™re in itā€™ll knock you flat out.

Now I do need to go and read the ā€œWhereā€™s Dave threadā€. Iā€™ve been well briefed about it and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m in for some good laughs.? You guys and girls are the best and itā€™s a blessing to be part of such a great group! Thank you for all the messages and text, they really helped get me through all this.

@Chris M said this to me in a text and it was so very true that I hope he doesn't mind that I copied it here..

"Who knew such a wide collection of keyboard warriors could have such tender hearts towards one another"?
I'm glad you are doing well and heading to great recovery. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Stay positive brother, you can fight this. With that said I'm here in your state, AZ. Visiting Sedona and this place is wonderful.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Get well soon. Do all the right things so you can get back to helping this place be at it's best. We are all behind you, brother! :cool:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
First Iā€™d like to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers. This really is a very special community and even though many of us have never met it just goes to show how we all come together when another is in need.

I started feeling a little ā€œoffā€ a few days after we returned from vacation but didnā€™t think much of it. As the week went on I felt worse and went to the Urgent Care to get tested and 2 days latter received the positive Covid results. Last Friday the 13th is when it hit me the hardest and couldnā€™t do anything but sleep and crawl to the couch. Between the nausea, body aches, sweats and chills I never felt anything this painful in my life. I honestly wouldnā€™t wish this on my worst enemy! Dr says thereā€™s really nothing you can do but let it run itā€™s course which is anywhere from 3-4 weeks minimum. Today is day 17 and it feels like Iā€™m on the upside now (?) where I can finally move around without being dizzy and nauseous and finally ate a real meal the other night that wasnā€™t toast or soup. Doc says this new Delta variant is worse because it stays airborne longer and is highly contagious. I will admit we became very lazy with our mask wearing out here and with our heat itā€™s easy to do. So just a word of caution for everyone is donā€™t take this damn virus lightly because no matter how great of shape youā€™re in itā€™ll knock you flat out.

Now I do need to go and read the ā€œWhereā€™s Dave threadā€. Iā€™ve been well briefed about it and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m in for some good laughs.? You guys and girls are the best and itā€™s a blessing to be part of such a great group! Thank you for all the messages and text, they really helped get me through all this.

@Chris M said this to me in a text and it was so very true that I hope he doesn't mind that I copied it here..

"Who knew such a wide collection of keyboard warriors could have such tender hearts towards one another"?
Glad you are starting to feel better Dave!!!!! ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Dave @AzScorpion is back, and we are so happy,
His absence even made RP @RANGER PRIDE get a bit sappy.
Even old Al @Texasota who's a negative camper,
Damn near broke down and bought a darn damper.

(Well shit, that's as far as I can get right now. It's still early. :) )

Happy you're doing better brother. And, you are correct. Even though we may never meet many here, this forum is filled with some wonderful people that I consider my friends. It has really renewed my faith in humanity with what has been going on lately. And, I certainly needed that.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Best wishes for a speedy recovery !! There are a lot of us in PHX metro on this forum. Help is literally around the corner, just holler if in need !
I've been telling him exactly that!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Maybe not really our business?
True, but if you elected to not get the vaccine, own it. Just curious if he got that sick and DID have the vaccine. Itā€™s a simple question. He doesnā€™t have to answer it.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear that youā€™re on the mend brother. The Rona is no joke. All the best.

E8B76DB0-2D90-49E6-BCE4-EEB01C637A22.jpeg

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
True, but if you elected to not get the vaccine, own it. Just curious if he got that sick and DID have the vaccine. Itā€™s a simple question. He doesnā€™t have to answer it.
I'm really curious as well, but it's a deeply personal question about his medical decisions. Answering it will only invite criticism from one side or the other and not provide any meaningful insight into the merits of vaccination.

If he wants to volunteer the information, fine. If he doesn't want to volunteer it, people should stop hounding him about it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.