Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear your doing good :thumbsup: Just lost an old friend, one of my former First Sergeants, to COVID. Keep fighting the good fight and whoop it's ass !!!
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are OK. I was looking forward to finding your address and sending you gifts though;

https://bagofdicks.com/ (its not what you think, but probably don't click that at work cause you never know what overly emotional people you work with that might be offended)

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
Ivermectin is NOT going to do anything to treat covid but it may land you in the ER!! This is medicine for parasites in animals and NOT FOR HUMANS unless you have lice!
But well known infectious disease expert Tucker Carlson said it cures/prevents covid.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe so but still not a covid treatment, and its not being procured at your local farm store.
There are different forms, and if a doctor prescribes it, it is a COVID treament. Off-Label usage IS a thing. And more than one doctor reports good results. It is a safe drug, but COVID treatment is an OFF-LABEL usage. That doesn't make it bad, or good. It just means you should be supervised by a doctor. And nobody is recommending people go eat animal de-wormer formulations.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
There are different forms, and if a doctor prescribes it, it is a COVID treament. Off-Label usage IS a thing. And more than one doctor reports good results. It is a safe drug, but COVID treatment is an OFF-LABEL usage. That doesn't make it bad, or good. It just means you should be supervised by a doctor. And nobody is recommending people go eat animal de-wormer formulations.
According to the Dr my wife works for, the only ones prescribing this for covid in an “off label” scenario are mostly concierge doctors who don't take insurance and in some cases make you sign a waiver of liability.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
First I’d like to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers. This really is a very special community and even though many of us have never met it just goes to show how we all come together when another is in need.

I started feeling a little “off” a few days after we returned from vacation but didn’t think much of it. As the week went on I felt worse and went to the Urgent Care to get tested and 2 days latter received the positive Covid results. Last Friday the 13th is when it hit me the hardest and couldn’t do anything but sleep and crawl to the couch. Between the nausea, body aches, sweats and chills I never felt anything this painful in my life. I honestly wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy! Dr says there’s really nothing you can do but let it run it’s course which is anywhere from 3-4 weeks minimum. Today is day 17 and it feels like I’m on the upside now (?) where I can finally move around without being dizzy and nauseous and finally ate a real meal the other night that wasn’t toast or soup. Doc says this new Delta variant is worse because it stays airborne longer and is highly contagious. I will admit we became very lazy with our mask wearing out here and with our heat it’s easy to do. So just a word of caution for everyone is don’t take this damn virus lightly because no matter how great of shape you’re in it’ll knock you flat out.

Now I do need to go and read the “Where’s Dave thread”. I’ve been well briefed about it and I’m sure I’m in for some good laughs.? You guys and girls are the best and it’s a blessing to be part of such a great group! Thank you for all the messages and text, they really helped get me through all this.

@Chris M said this to me in a text and it was so very true that I hope he doesn't mind that I copied it here..

"Who knew such a wide collection of keyboard warriors could have such tender hearts towards one another"?
I’m new here, but glad to hear you’re on the mend. Take it easy man.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget to wear a mask from now on.
I like this one.

1629608022600.jpeg

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I’m glad you are recovering. It hits some people worse than others and you never know who! Anyway, I hope the damper didn’t have an adverse effect to your immune system, you know, due to the lack of regular tailgate curls.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.