I spent yesterday truck shopping. Current state of dealers offers in Ohio...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I haven't really kept up on much over on B6G besides scanning the front page for the newest news once or twice a week. The Bronco and Ranger are made in the same plant at MAP. If true, judging by those who haven't received their Rangers yet it hasn't made any difference. :sunglasses:

Ford could easily fix this. Just build all the original customers orders that are still left first when the '23's open up. They're losing customers loyalty with all these delays as many have moved on to other brands. Luckily I don't need a Bronco I just want one but many sold their other vehicle or their lease was up and can't wait any longer. If/when the price protection goes away I'm out as I won't pay another dime because they changed the rules.
Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Is there a thread, (or is it allowed) where we can post good and bad experiences with specific dealerships or salesperson?
I can't believe how much struggle I'm having with a dealership that no matter how many times I keep asking them to communicate with me using email, yet they insist on calling me. Even telling me it would be better for me to call them or come see them in person. If their boss is pushing that direction to the sales team, they may be getting the sales, but that's not how I want to do my shopping. Once we can get close to the same page through a paper trailed email thread, then I'll drive down there and sign papers to make my order.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a thread, (or is it allowed) where we can post good and bad experiences with specific dealerships or salesperson?
I can't believe how much struggle I'm having with a dealership that no matter how many times I keep asking them to communicate with me using email, yet they insist on calling me. Even telling me it would be better for me to call them or come see them in person. If their boss is pushing that direction to the sales team, they may be getting the sales, but that's not how I want to do my shopping. Once we can get close to the same page through a paper trailed email thread, then I'll drive down there and sign papers to make my order.
I ordered mine before COVID messed everything up (December of 2018), but I was shocked at how many dealers really didn't want to order a vehicle for me. I assumed they all would want to as it was a guaranteed sale, just not today. But I assume they all wanted to sell me something off the lot. Maybe things have changed now since most dealers don't have any stock, but most of the salesmen I dealt with really didn't care to handle a custom order.

I don't know where in Oregon you are, but I ended up ordering mine from Doherty Ford in Forest Grove - it was a bit of a drive for me, but they treated me pretty well. It is a small, family run dealer that has been around since 1947. A friend of mine used to work there and introduced me to the current owner/GM. My brother bought a car from them as well.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I ordered mine before COVID messed everything up (December of 2018), but I was shocked at how many dealers really didn't want to order a vehicle for me. I assumed they all would want to as it was a guaranteed sale, just not today. But I assume they all wanted to sell me something off the lot. Maybe things have changed now since most dealers don't have any stock,
Thanks, I'll check them out also.
I'm guessing you live out in Redland. I live out in BeaverCreek.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
With inflation running rampant the prices you see now won’t be there in 6 months. Everything will be more expensive in the long run. Your biggest savings would be to land now before everything gets jacked up more. That will also include interest rates on loans.
Yes. I don't think you'll like the prices on the 2024. I bet Ford raises the price $3k minimum on a comparabily equipped 2024 versus the 2023.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Probably just me, but I would be a bit uneasy purchasing any new Ranger off the lot with all the penny-pinching feature deletes Ford is doing. I fear the "tailgate delete" may be next.

JeffB

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muastang, Mazda 6
Yeah, I wanted red or blue but every new Ranger at every dealer in western PA was gray or silver and my last three trucks were all silver. My truck does not have the locking axle that I would have got and has the factory bedliner that I would have skipped, but otherwise it's exactly what I would have ordered, even the color. I tried my best not to do the happy dance in front of the salesman.

Fimages%2F7b564e7bc598d43c28815d123b6cf0fc%2Ftenor.gif
We got Red, but wife wanted Gray :)

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Probably just me, but I would be a bit uneasy purchasing any new Ranger off the lot with all the penny-pinching feature deletes Ford is doing. I fear the "tailgate delete" may be next.
If they do that - the TG damper side will lose the battle with the evil damperless side. Dave - oh great leader of TG dampers. What are we to do if that happens. Switch to larger bottles of 303?

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I own a 2022 and had a 2019 before. Maybe it's because my 2019 was an FX4 and I have a Tremor now, but I like my 2022 more. They are both XLT 302A's. The deleted things are annoying, but actually very minor. You forget about them quickly. I don't like Ford being cheap when you pay good money, but there is nothing missing that makes me think... OMG I should have gotten a Pantyline instead.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I ordered my wife’s Maverick 9/25/2021. Just this week it’s in production. My PCM and BCE modules just went live today so I know it’s in production. After getting the date pushed 6 times it finally good news. My point waiting 3-6 months for a Ranger to be built really is not a long wait comparatively but still sucks.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my wife’s Maverick 9/25/2021. Just this week it’s in production. My PCM and BCE modules just went live today so I know it’s in production. After getting the date pushed 6 times it finally good news. My point waiting 3-6 months for a Ranger to be built really is not a long wait comparatively but still sucks.
We ordered a 2022 Maverick for my Dad in late October 2021 and it was delivered in late June 2022. It's an XLT AWD FX4 Ecoboost. The only options were the extra cost wheels with larger tires and Co-pilot 360. How was your equipped?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
We ordered a 2022 Maverick for my Dad in late October 2021 and it was delivered in late June 2022. It's an XLT AWD FX4 Ecoboost. The only options were the extra cost wheels with larger tires and Co-pilot 360. How was your equipped?
My wife’s is a Lariat Lux hybrid and Copilot 360 with all weather floor mats. Lots of constraints.. but it’s basically built now, just transit wait, with all these desert floods and washouts who knows how that will affect the railroads from Hermosillo Mexico to Southern California..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ok what color?
Sponsored